Unpopular Opinions

This is my favorite era for the Vancouver Canucks. I think the "classic" blue/green look doesn't do justice to the incredibly cool orca logo, and the stick in rink is kind of lame. Not to mention the Canucks' current number font is awful! These were beautiful, though.

a7y747n67ena4miib5hf.gif

That jersey automatically gets a point for not having the wordmark above the orca, but I still like their current uniforms, imperfect as they may be.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Even if he is, it seems to me that he's motivated by a dislike of anything that's remotely traditional.

I've explained many times that I have a varied taste, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Yeah.....the opposite direction of whichever way the wind is blowing. A contrarian just for contrarian's sake.....

• Like 2

IMHO this was Maryland's best uniform set. Pity they only wore it one season. However they sorta had to since it was very similar to NC State's unis at the time.

seniorswithcoach-lg.jpg

SP_FOOTTERPS_005.jpg

a-hill-md111701-lg.jpg

I'm not sure how unpopular of an opinion this is on these boards

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Here's one that no one will agree with me about.

This right here is one of my favorite Buffalo Bills looks that I think they ever had...

Houston+Texans+v+Buffalo+Bills+hkL5yTFbydZl.jpgQuinton+Ganther+Buffalo+Bills+v+Cincinnati+kKlrX6W9Avjl.jpg

Well, I wouldn't go as far as the best in our history, but it could've been. Here's what I'd do...

-remove all navy

-no double outlined numbers

-keep the tapered helmet stripe, put it on the pants

-update the logo, put it on the sleeves

-move tv numbers to the shoulders

Something like that. 

spacer.png

I think the entire Nordiques set was "OK" at best. I think nostalgia for Québec hockey is the only reason people love them so much. Personally, I think the planned update was ten times better:

1995-96Nordiquesjerseys.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well, I wouldn't go as far as the best in our history, but it could've been. Here's what I'd do...

-remove all navy

-no double outlined numbers

-keep the tapered helmet stripe, put it on the pants

-update the logo, put it on the sleeves

-move tv numbers to the shoulders

Something like that.

That's a complete overhaul to a jersey that you say "could of been" good. So basically, my original point stands. :P

golden-state-warriors-jerseys-2.jpg?w=610&h=406

I just don't get why members hate those jerseys so much. The problem with it is the pants that were assigned to the uniform. If the pants were like the jersey, this would be a great look.

Well, maybe people hate it because it's a basketball uniform with [expletive deleted] sleeves on it.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

This has probably been mentioned, but I think this logo sucks.

270.gif

I've always seen it as an elephant. I've never seen it as a an igloo or an N.

That logo always screamed "WHA" to me. It was like the NHL's version of the old Pacers logo. If QC does get a franchise again soon my hope is they go for a more updated look like the Jets did when they came back.

I think the entire Nordiques set was "OK" at best. I think nostalgia for Québec hockey is the only reason people love them so much. Personally, I think the planned update was ten times better:

1995-96Nordiquesjerseys.png

Those colors ang logo just scream nineties like the Isle's fisherman and Cap's eagle did. What's worse is that they likely win a Cup in that look.

^And the previous Nords stuff just screams 70s. Was it amazing? Naw, but sure a helluva lot better than the stuff they wore before. I actually quite like it.

Plus, 90s doesn't necessarily mean bad. The Mighty Ducks set was very 90s, and I was a big fan of that Capitals set.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This logo looks really bad, due to all the silver lining around the buffalo and the swords...

buffalo-sabres.png

The shrunken version for some reason looks fine, as it gives the logo some depth. However, as soon as you take a closer look, it just looks bad.

134009167.0_standard_352.0.jpg