Unpopular Opinions

Of all the uniforms that Philadelphia Eagles have worn since 1960, what they have now is by far the worst. There is so much wrong with it that can be corrected quite easily

The green sometimes looks (or has looked) blueish green. Actually reminding me at times of what the Seahawks used to wear

spacer.png  

spacer.png

The cartoon bird logo on the outside of the shoulder pads

Cartoon bird wings on the helmet

Incorporating black.

The numbers on the jersey with the black drop shadow, the font I don't like...the numbers end up looking too "bulky" or heavy looking

Sspacer.png

Something like this would be an immense upgrade (perhaps created by someone on these forums?) Though i'd still go back to this beauty spacer.pngover the screaming Eagle they have now. 

• Like 3

Although I'm extremely happy that the Buccaneers are updating their uniforms, I still think that their current jerseys are the best they've ever worn.

The numbers to me are actually pretty cool. They're unique enough that they definitely don't blend in with the other teams' block numbers, and in my opinion, uniqueness usually beats a boring look, unless it is a classic look. That's why I'm not a fan of certain rebrands that take away that classic look from iconic teams, like the old Brewers (1994-1999, 2000-2019), the Padres wave (2004-2011), or Edmonton with copper as a color (1996-2011) and the oil drop cog (2001-2007).

The darkened shade of pewter on their current pants, shoulders, and helmet is a little cooler to me than the old pewter. Granted, the old shade of pewter still kicks so much ass. I just feel like the brownish pewter looks better to me.

Overall, I'll kinda miss the current look now that it's being phased out, but I'm excited for the new unis they'll wear next season.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Maybe I've posted this already, but with all the talk of the Patriots making changes to their uniforms...I don't think "Pat Patriot" is a good logo. I think it's a great mascot, and works fine for secondary/fan merchandise. But as an actual logo on a helmet, it's terrible. Too detailed, too many small lines, all things are which completely lost at a distance on a helmet. And like most old logos, it doesn't scale well on modern websites and score bugs. "Flying Elvis" simply works better as a logo.

• Like 5

I think the Jags previous uniforms were great and much better than their generic create a madden team look. Sure they were a bit gaudy but i don’t mind that. I’d rather have uniforms be too gaudy than be generic. And i liked the two tone helmet

spacer.png

• Like 1

I've got two as far as NFL uniforms go. First off, the Cardinals. I'm okay with the home unis, at minimum. If they were to change wholesale within the next few years, I would rather they just strip down both uniforms where you'd get rid of the white and black everywhere except for the number and NOB.

Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald waves off retirement, decides to ...

As for the road uniforms, I think you can make it work in a similar fashion. All white jersey, red NOB, same TV numbers as the chest and back seen here. Just get white pants and double stripes down the side and you're good.

Chris Chamberlain, Steve Breaston - Steve Breaston Photos ...

Secondly, there's the current Jags unis, which I do like. The "bland" design doesn't bother me at all. The only combo that might bother me is white-over-teal. But for the most part, everything else works for me when I see them on the field.

3 things to watch in Sunday's Raiders-Jaguars game | Las Vegas ...Jaguars Lose To Falcons In Last Preseason Game – The Florida Star ...Falcons vs Jaguars Odds, Date, Time, Spread and Prop Bets for ...

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I love all parts of the Colts rebrand, the logos, the unis, the wordmark. Everything. I don't even mind the Nike logo being black in the unis.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, MBurmy said:

If Major League Baseball ever expands to the Raleigh-Durham area, they should be called the Durham Bulls, promoting the historic brand to the majors.

They did it with the Angels so why not?

• Like 1

Just now, TrueYankee26 said:

I love all parts of the Colts rebrand, the logos, the unis, the wordmark. Everything. I don't even mind the Nike logo being black in the unis.

Orioles name also was promoted, same with (I think) the Padres

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I’m fine with pretty much all city abbreviations used on a uniform.

Plus the argument “not everyone will know what it means” is stupid because
1. Almost everyone does know or can easily guess based on the letters

2. If you somehow can’t figure out what PHX or ATL is, you’re probably not living in the city the team plays in so the jersey isn’t really meant for you anyways.

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I have a feeling people outside Durham that are casual enough sports fans to want an MLB team but don't follow MiLB might be turned off by naming the team Durham because they either don't care about or don't understand the history. I think it should be Durham Bulls but I think the best we can hope for is the Carolina Bulls

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krz said:

I’m fine with pretty much all city abbreviations used on a uniform.

Plus the argument “not everyone will know what it means” is stupid because
1. Almost everyone does know or can easily guess based on the letters

2. If you somehow can’t figure out what PHX or ATL is, you’re probably not living in the city the team plays in so the jersey isn’t really meant for you anyways.

I'm fine with them as long as they are the actual abbreviation used by the city (for example, I think the Hornets using "CHA" is stupid because CLT is the accepted abbreviation for Charlotte by the locals) and still follow good design guidelines (like, say, the exact opposite of how the Falcons used them).

the user formerly known as cdclt