Unpopular Opinions

11 hours ago, Ark said:

The Patriot head shoulder stripes are top tier design. I would love modern version of these

f732736f8a04b919d59b7a79c15ec221.jpg

Definitely.  

(Huh. They just patched the new logo on the old hand warmer).

• Like 2

Related to the current NBA discussion thread - the Heat's only good look is Vice. I'd rather have the "Vice Versa" Trix jersey than any of their current set with the exception of the red jersey, which is actually solid.

Related - if the Heat won't switch to Vice full-time, at the very least make the red jersey the road. It has so much more character than the black one.

Related related - The mashup jersey somehow isn't the worst Heat jersey - the military ones from 2015-17 are. Unrelated to the team, greens that don't mix with the actual Heat colors, stupid chest number, discolored nameplates on a basketball jersey, all in all a nightmare. The mashups are bad, the military greens are way worse.

8913651-tyler-johnson-mario-chalmers-chris-bosh-justise-winslow-nba-toronto-raptors-miami-heat.jpg

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 5/18/2022 at 12:05 PM, colinturner95 said:

Since we're talking about the Heat: 

Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning Art Print by Andrew D. Bernstein |  Photos.com 4,724 Alonzo Mourning Heat Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images Alonzo Mourning - Miami Heat, 1995-2002, 2005-2008 | Miami heat basketball, Alonzo  mourning, Basketball workouts

These are better than the championship uniforms. 

Can't say I agree. Those are just recolored Showtime Lakers uniforms with half the stripes chopped off and an odd-looking wordmark that doesn't match anything else in their identity.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

31 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Can't say I agree. Those are just recolored Showtime Lakers uniforms with half the stripes chopped off and an odd-looking wordmark that doesn't match anything else in their identity.

Just because they have u-collar stripes and a drop shadow doesn’t mean they’re Laker ripoffs. The stripes down the side are not similar to the Showtime Lakers at all, and while the wordmark is definitely a product of its time, it was the first attempt at what became one of the best modern wordmarks in the NBA:

spacer.png

• Like 8

22 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Not sure how popular this is or isn't, but I want to see floating outlines return on hockey numbers. Something about them just looks so good and nostalgic.

cut.jpg

563583073.jpeg

6q800k0p.jpg?resize=1200,965&ssl=1

apr-2001-mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh

A royal flashback, the top ten LA Kings of the 1990s - Page 3

I mean there are still a handful of teams using them. And it sounds like Edmonton is bringing back the '80s jerseys, so that'd be another one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, Lights Out said:

There weren't any logos on the Lakers Showtime shorts...and the stripes were completely different...

So the numbers were similar. That's not a "recoloring". 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is the best Broncos uniform in their history: spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not this:

I think this is an ok set...but they should have had the white/blue/white helmet stripes (the '66 version) instead of the solid white  ('62-65 version)

Still doesn't beat the Orange Crush uni though 😛

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think this is an ok set...but they should have had the white/blue/white helmet stripes (the '66 version) instead of the solid white  ('62-65 version)

Still doesn't beat the Orange Crush uni though 😛

The orange crush helmet is *chefs kiss*, but the rest of the uniforms is generic paint-by-numbers football jersey. It doesn’t have the iconic feel of the Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs and others who use similar shoulder stripes.

The ‘60s version has a lot more personality to it, and it’s unique, and for a team like the Broncos, large patches of color has been their identity for years. This would fit right in as not only a throwback, but a fitting modern look too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MEANS said:

The Bears uniforms have never impressed me the way some fan slobber over them.

I do really like the Bears uniforms, however their pants needs to be tweaked. The whites should have a pattern that matches the white jersey stripes, so N-w-O-w-N, and the navy pants should be W-O-W rather than the other way around. The Bears even had that pattern in 1940! 

• Like 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, MEANS said:

The Bears uniforms have never impressed me the way some fan slobber over them.

Most old football uniforms are not as good as they are made out to be. Giants, Raiders, Steelers, Packers, all fine-to-good uniforms that are lauded as some of the best. The Cowboys' mismatched nightmare is the biggest offender of this in my book.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The orange crush helmet is *chefs kiss*, but the rest of the uniforms is generic paint-by-numbers football jersey. It doesn’t have the iconic feel of the Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs and others who use similar shoulder stripes.

The ‘60s version has a lot more personality to it, and it’s unique, and for a team like the Broncos, large patches of color has been their identity for years. This would fit right in as not only a throwback, but a fitting modern look too.

I'd love to see a mishmash of eras for the Broncos's primaries. Their current logo, 60s jersey, 80s helmet shell (with the current logo) would look amazing.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)