Unpopular Opinions

I'm a huge fan of drop-shadows

I'm of the opinion that the main problem with drop shadows is how rarely they're ever executed correctly. The 49ers got it right in the 1990s and its a damn shame they ditched that look.

Disagree completely. The current niners look is fixed sleeve stripes away from being perfect.

The only team I've ever seen drop shadow work for is the Giants, and that's because it's extremely subtle.

Numbers just don't look good in drop shadow. It's a 2 dimensional piece of fabric trying to mimic being in 3D on a player's back.

Blegh

That's why this is the unpopular opinion thread.. your comments aside, I agree that the last 49ers look was light years better than the new fauxbacks.. older doesn't necessarily equal better.. I thought the dolphins last set used the drop shadow pretty well, although I like their new look as well.. one of the best uses I've seen was on North Greenville University's grey football jerseys.. they had white numbers with scarlet outline and scarlet drop shadow, which REALLY popped... this is coming from a guy who was in the pressbox, which is the worst place to try to see numbers.. either way, I'm a huge fan of the drop shadow, even when not executed perfectly

That's why this is the unpopular opinion thread.. your comments aside, I agree that the last 49ers look was light years better than the new fauxbacks.. older doesn't necessarily equal better.. I thought the dolphins last set used the drop shadow pretty well, although I like their new look as well.. one of the best uses I've seen was on North Greenville University's grey football jerseys.. they had white numbers with scarlet outline and scarlet drop shadow, which REALLY popped... this is coming from a guy who was in the pressbox, which is the worst place to try to see numbers.. either way, I'm a huge fan of the drop shadow, even when not executed perfectly

lakers_blue.jpg

I love the Laker drop shadow

This throwback doesn't get near the love that it deserves.

Jets-Titans-Jersey-Nick-Laham.jpgtitans.jpg

I agree with this.
I think those look good in a vacuum, but I generally dislike throwbacks that look nothing like the current set. I think at least some of the hate those get is because people don't think the Jets should look like that.

Edit: The Eagles' blue and yellow jerseys are another example. I normally like bright colors like that, but it doesn't look like the Eagles to me.

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

First thing I thought of

I don't even know why, but I love those Broncos throwbacks.

lakers_blue.jpg

Did the arena lose electricity that night?

lakers_blue.jpg

Did the arena lose electricity that night?

I'm guessing it's flash = short exposure time = things not lit by the flash are dark

In my generally unpopular opinion, the Rams' current navy and gold uniforms are better than their royal and yellow throwbacks. Purely aesthetic.

Agreed.

I've had partial agreements with this too. So just wondering, do you think a good combo would be their old look in the new color scheme?