Unpopular Opinions

On 2021-06-16 at 11:07 AM, OnWis97 said:

I am saying this only a few posts from where I state that I prefer only one vivid color...but my gosh do the flames look good as is.  I was heartbroken when they added black and I'd put them in a small mix for best looking team in the league.

That said, I think maroon might work out alright. Not sure whether you mean using maroon as an additional color or in place of red, but I've seen concepts with maroon in addition to red that have looked pretty good. Iowa State has a bit of this going on with their darker trim and it looks decent.

Additional colour.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

I might be the only person in the world who feels this way but I kinda miss the BFBS MLB era where Cincinnati, Oakland, Kansas City, and the Mets had unnecessary black on their uniforms.

I also miss the brick red Astros set, especially the white uniform with pinstripes.

• Like 5

On 6/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, Eastport76 said:

Additional colour.

I took a stab at the Flames with maroon a few years back if you wanna see for yourself.  Granted, I didn't use the regular burning C, but I figure you could easily imagine it there. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

13 hours ago, DNAsports said:

There was nothing wrong with the 2007-19 Chargers set.

Agreed.

13 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It didn’t need to be changed, but the team managed to improve their look in every way

However, my unpopular opinion is that it’s actually a worse look. Not bad, but I think navy just works so much nicer for the Chargers, give powder blue to another team, the Rams could probably pull it off just as nicely as they have royal (well not with their current set but historically speaking.) 

Honestly it’s a bit of a tough predicament because both schemes do look so good, but I think they had a much better balance with it in their last set. The angle of the bolt however was an upgrade, I do like that change a lot.

• Like 2

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Agreed.

However, my unpopular opinion is that it’s actually a worse look. Not bad, but I think navy just works so much nicer for the Chargers, give powder blue to another team, the Rams could probably pull it off just as nicely as they have royal (well not with their current set but historically speaking.) 

Honestly it’s a bit of a tough predicament because both schemes do look so good, but I think they had a much better balance with it in their last set. The angle of the bolt however was an upgrade, I do like that change a lot.

When I saw the new set for the first time, it instantly made me realize how the Chargers somehow have been able to master three different shades of blue and maintain a consistent design in their existence. Which is absolutely amazing, IMO. The Chargers uniforms have never received the proper love they deserve 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Given what Lukas has been putting on social media...

...I like baseball coaching staffs in full uniform.  Maybe I like it based primarily on tradition, but they also spend more time on the field than coaches in other sports and the uniform doesn't necessitate padding like hockey and football or shorts like soccer or basketball.  It's far more aesthetically pleasing and functional in baseball.

I especially think it would be weird to see base coaches out there in street clothes. I mean, sure, a third base coach could wind their arm excitedly to wave a runner home in loafers, dockers, and a team polo (and a team batting helmet) and maybe if it had always been that way, a full uniform would seem strange. That said, I like this quirk in baseball.

• Like 5

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I especially think it would be weird to see base coaches out there in street clothes. I mean, sure, a third base coach could wind their arm excited to wave a runner home in loafers, dockers, and a team polo (and a team batting helmet) and maybe if it had always been that way, a full uniform would seem strange. That said, I like this quirk in baseball.

Looking like an 80s dad in tee-ball. The only other thing they would need is a sweet mustache and a cigarette hanging out of their mouths.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 3 weeks later...

I always suspected this would be true, but now that we've seen a few examples in action, it's absolutely 100 % true;

In baseball, dark jerseys look much much better paired with the same color dark pants then they do with white or gray pants.

As always, I would prefer that a baseball uniform be all white or all gray, but if a team insists on wearing a dark color jersey, they should match the pants.

This...

spacer.png 

looks significantly better than this...

spacer.png

Although neither look as good as this...

spacer.png

Or this...

spacer.png

• Like 2