Did the New Jersey Nets tease their Brooklyn logo?

TaylorMade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why must so many teams use a basketball in their logo. Honestly, it's been done to death.

That's a league directive, IIRC.

It's probably encouraged, not directed.

The Spurs and Blazers don't use basketballs at all, and the Bobcats, Bulls, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Grizzlies, Bucks, and Timberwolves don't use a basketball in their primary logos

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Isn't the sneakers hanging from the wires kind of a trademark of nearly every urban area? Or at least every east-coast urban area?

I always thought it was street-code for crack house.

In my hometown of Bloomington, Indiana, it's a tradition for the college students to throw a pair of shoes over the wire by the time they graduate. I've seen it a bit around the U of Minnesota here but it's not nearly as prevalent.

rATMcmK.png

I'm just throwing this out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets wore 'black and white' throwbacks (in the fashion of Miami's 'Back in Black' jerseys). Could you imagine how awesome a black and white version of the old ABA jerseys, current jerseys, early 90s jerseys or even that awful cursive script jersey from the 80s? You'd have to admit those would sell.

Just my two cents.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

why must so many teams use a basketball in their logo. Honestly, it's been done to death.

The Spurs and Blazers don't use basketballs at all, and the Bobcats, Bulls, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Grizzlies, Bucks, and Timberwolves don't use a basketball in their primary logos

I don't get why. Does the NBA fear teams are so little known that the public might not know they are a basketball team? Look at how many teams in the other leagues use their sport's ball in the logo. Even the MLS, as little known as their teams are, don't do this as much as the NBA.

NFL

1 out of 32

MLB

1 out of 30

MLS

6 out of 19

NBA

19 out of 30

I don't get why. Does the NBA fear teams are so little known that the public might not know they are a basketball team? Look at how many teams in the other leagues use their sport's ball in the logo. Even the MLS, as little known as their teams are, don't do this as much as the NBA.

NFL

1 out of 32

MLB

1 out of 30

MLS

6 out of 19

NBA

19 out of 30

Actually, MLB has 10 out of 30 teams use that ball in their primary logos (Twins, Yankees, Mariners, Rangers, Blue Jays, Rockies, Dodgers, Brewers, Mets, Giants).

And I counted seven for MLS too (Real Salt Lake, Red Bulls, Rapids, DC United, Dynamo, Revolution, Earthquakes)

Still, I think the NBA should ease up a bit on these things...

bYhYmxh.png

NFL

1 out of 32

MLB

1 out of 30

MLS

6 out of 19

NBA

19 out of 30

Actually, MLB has 10 out of 30 teams use that ball in their primary logos (Twins, Yankees, Mariners, Rangers, Blue Jays, Rockies, Dodgers, Brewers, Mets, Giants).

Not to mention 3 teams use bats as well, though the Yankees use both a bat and ball.

Guess you love it or hate it.

And I'm in the second camp. Looks like Jay-Z made this in Microsoft Publisher with some clip art. Every time I see this blah rebrand it's like their logo is farting all over the internet.

Angry Bull says "no."

071220_Chicago_Bulls_logo.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Isn't the sneakers hanging from the wires kind of a trademark of nearly every urban area? Or at least every east-coast urban area?

I always thought it was street-code for crack house.

It started out as a signal for a corner where drugs could be bought, but now kids just do it for the fugg of it.

And BBTV is right... every urban area did/does this. Even the opening credits for Friday (set in LA) has a backdrop of sneakers on a wire.

#lowerprintingcosts

Yeah, but what are you gonna do for an alt jersey in a few years? You can't just add black trim to it and call it a day, like the Cs did. ;)

uglynets.jpg

Done! :D

honestly this rebrand screams bland and unispring and lazy. i cant wait to see all the gangstas and thugs walking around with this stuff.

LOL @ this from a Long Islander calling himself "Punk."

Archived