College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Maybe an unpopular opinion...but Iowa should never change its look. Sure it's a complete ripoff of the Steelers...but it is still a good look. I've always liked the helmet, and the huge numbers on the back of the helmet are pretty sweet. It's just timeless.

Disagree. They should change their look to something more like this:

dwight.jpg

dwight.jpg

Loved these for Iowa. It put their own spin on the Steelers look instead of being a direct ripoff.

I agree as long as the IOWA wordmark would be removed

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave it more of a college vibe for me, at least at the time. Even that version with the smaller IOWA wordmark they used for a while recently would be fine by me.

Oh and these....

Agree 100%. It's a great look. You forgot the ANF stickers.

Remember when Iowa thought this was a good idea?

GetContent1.jpg

... were just ahead of their time. :)

Another reason the ones two posts above looked so good -- they followed the banana peels.

Gave it more of a college vibe for me, at least at the time. Even that version with the smaller IOWA wordmark they used for a while recently would be fine by me.

Oh and these....

GetContent1.jpg

Another reason the ones two posts above looked so good -- they followed the banana peels.

They were ahead of their time, especially the pants stripe. They're tame by today's terrible standards.

tim-dwight1.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh and these....

GetContent1.jpg

They were ahead of their time, especially the pants stripe. They're tame by today's terrible standards.

tim-dwight1.jpg

Noooo there aren't many uniforms much crazier than that. And those definitely aren't tame.

And is it me or are the wings designed backwards on those jerseys?

Today's uniforms design wise aren't super crazy, they just have loud elements like chrome/metallic finishes everywhere, etc. But if we're talking just helmets then yeah today's getting out of control.

Oh and these....

GetContent1.jpg

tim-dwight1.jpg

Noooo there aren't many uniforms much crazier than that. And those definitely aren't tame.

And is it me or are the wings designed backwards on those jerseys?

Today's uniforms design wise aren't super crazy, they just have loud elements like chrome/metallic finishes everywhere, etc. But if we're talking just helmets then yeah today's getting out of control.

The wings are designed correctly...a bird's wing goes out straight then curves back.

That Iowa/Northwestern matchup is pretty sweet looking...the light bouncing off artifical turf added a certain something to photographs back in the day.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^^ I think he means they get larger as they go back which should be reversed.

Not necessarily. The longest span on a hawk is not the first feather. Plus, it looks like the Iowa feathers are all the same length, so it might be moot.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=708&q=hawk+wing&oq=hawk+wing&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1937.3090.0.3301.9.9.0.0.0.0.101.746.7j1.8.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.60.img..1.8.739.5ls39RLs17k

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well no I meant like completely backwards, o guess because Oregons little feathers are round in front and straight in the back, they make more sense to me than the Iowa ones, but thinking about it, I can see how they both make sense. I guess iowas are a little more abstract.

Archived