Do you like your team's current uniforms?

Phils Phan

San Francisco Giants

Home Uniform: Great. I'd like to see what it would look like with a name on the back just out of curiosity, but they look fine without.

Road Uniform: Could very much be improved. It uses a generic block font and headspoon piping when the home uses a stylized block font and neck piping.

Orange Alternate: Nope. The Giants and Pirates have black as primary colors. The Orioles should be the team with an orange jersey. Even if they felt they neeeded an orange jersey, the old one was fine. Once again they use the headspoon piping when the home jersey has neck and sleeves, and they use an outdated "GIANTS" script. That means, in total, the Giants' uniform rotation uses three different typefaces for the wordmark.

Road Alternate: Would be a great jersey if it had the same piping as the home. It should not be paired with the orange-billed cap.

Suggestions: The road alternate should have the same piping as the home; it could then be made into the primary road. Ditch the orange alternate and add a black alt. It could have the orange "GIANTS" wordmark with a black outline and gold dropshadow, and the number and name on back could be orange-on-black with a gold dropshadow as well. The patch would be the same as the home jersey and it would have two layers of orange piping on the neck and sleeves. That alternate could then be paired with the orange-billed cap.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rays - 7/10 - Would be interested in a TB jersey like the Royals/Giants, not a huge fan of the light blue Sunday home jerseys

Heat - 9/10 - Love them

Lightning - 7/10 - Think it's simple but it works, thought I read new jerseys were coming for 2014-2015 so we'll see what happens

Chiefs - 9/10 - There's a reason they've been around for so long.

Nothing I would change about the Canucks uniforms. The Orca is a beautiful logo that represents the area perfectly and those colours are the best in the league. Unfortunately people on the Canucks boards are advocating a change... Even going as far as to say they should adopt the millionaires identity :angered:. That would be an absolute travesty.

That might not be a bad idea. The Canucks-turned-Millionaires could finally get a Stanley Cup with the way franchise histories are just tossed around :upside:

But those millionaires jerseys are as bland as paint and the colours are neither original nor representative of the area. Anything besides Blue, Green and White is unacceptable. Biggest mistake they ever made was changing those colours in the first place. If they hadn't, the Canucks identity wouldn't be the cluster :censored: it is today.

Atlanta Braves: A great uniform set, but I do wish they would do some condensing. Get rid of the navy, cream, and military appreciation uniforms as well as the navy hat. They also need to fix the word mark inconsistencies. Bring back the red alternate uniform as well as the tomahawk cap and use at Sunday home games only. Also, bring back the regular home cap for away games.

Atlanta Falcons: I honestly don’t understand why people hate these uniforms so much. I do hope they bring back the throwback uniforms though.

Atlanta Hawks: I also like these uniforms. I do not have a problem with the red and blue the color scheme.

Nashville Predators: I love the gold and how they have incorporated various music aspects into the uniform (piano keys, guitar pick, and guitar stings.) My only complaint is that they ripped off the Blues template.

Alabama: I love the football uniforms. They are a timeless classic. I also like the update to the basketball uniforms as well and how it incorporates various landmarks around campus.

Bears- Yes, just wish striping was a little more consistent

Bulls- Yes, but please, no more sleeves

White Sox- Yes

Blackhawks- Yes, could use more red on the road

Illinois FB/BB- Okay, I guess

Cowboys - Yes. I think we have the best helmets in the league and they're matching silvers away from a perfect set. I like the two blues. Royal for the home and navy for the road.

Lakers - Absoultely perfect. Just get rid of those horrible new alts. The sleeved one and the black one.

Kings - The home just needs to match the whites. Other than that, I love these uniforms.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Seahawks: Well, because they're the closest team to Nike's HQ in the Portland suburbs, if teams want to push the design envelope, I say they are the best team to do so. I like them. :)
Mariners: A modern classic. I'd really love to see the teal-billed hat be worn more often, and maybe a return of the teal-crown/navy-bill hat, too.

Sounders: They're alright.

Canucks: A good look overall, at first I didn't like the VANCOUVER wordmark on top, but I'm used to it now.

UBwef0L.png

Bears: Beautiful. Not perfect, but they're pretty damn close.

Bulls: Really classy set with a ton of history, hopefully they never change.

Blackhawks: Best uniform set in hockey IMO.

White Sox: Meh. Decent, but they lack any type of personality.

Bulls: Yes

Thunder: Not really, need new uniforms and logo overhaul.

Ravens: Long overdue for new unis and raven primary logo. Needs something nice & tough, but nothing cheesy.

Red Wings: Yes

Red Sox: Yes, both road could use more red.

Well you're just a big ol band wagoner aren't you

Yankees- Lack a road alternate

I assume this must be a positive right?

Nope. I hate the fact that I have to see the same uniform 81 games a year on the road. I can deal with it with the pinstripes, but besides that I can't. It's so boring.

Miami Heat: Not really. The colors and design are too bland for Miami (not suggesting full pink and blue, but a bright scarlet and athletic gold would be well-accepted).

Oakland Athletics: Yes, but without the green vs. black and green vs. navy match-ups they've had.

Philadelphia Eagles: Not really. Maybe it's the shade of green, maybe it's the design itself.

New Jersey Devils: Mostly, every now and then I prefer green to black but it's miniscule to me.

Syracuse Orange (basketball): Not too much, I'd like a refresh that's modern but implements some Carmelo-era elements.

Miami Hurricanes (football): The new duds hit the mark in some elements and are waaay off in others.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Steelers: Love it, don't mind the numbers since they match the long time helmet numbers. maybe need to figure something out with the sleeve stripes but i don't know the solution without changing to much.

Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: love it, no need to change and i don't mind their yearly one off nike experiments. The only thing i'd maybe do is add a throwback like 2005 sec one into a regular home rotation.

ky-05-throwback-wadepayne-620x562.jpg

Kentucky Football: I like the currents but not the black. If they were to go simpler then i'd choose these from the early 2000s

kentucky_shane_boyd_sm.jpg

Pittsburgh Pirates: Wouldn't change anything.

Pittsburgh Penguins: They need to go back to the Crosby rookie jerseys with the more angular design. They worked so well with the triangular logo.

365.jpg

Redskins: Not sure where they stand for the upcoming 2014 season. What I mean by that is, whether or not they bring back the burgundy pants. I've become a huge fan of the burgundy over gold home combo. However the striping issues of the gold pants and the socks they wear with them need to be resolved. One small fix would be to ditch the striped socks in place of the solid burgundy socks the team usually wears with their white pants. Haven't been wild about the white over gold combo they've gone with for road games. If it were just used one road game per year I'd be okay with it. They really need to bring back the burgundy pants. White over burgundy has become the franchise's signature look, which they have abandoned in the last two seasons.

Nationals: IMHO the home white jerseys need the Nationals script wordmark across the chest. Screw the consistency issues with the Washington script. Save the Curly W for the red and blue alternates. I'm not a fan of the blue billed caps they began wearing with the red jerseys last season. It's nothing more than an obvious cash grab.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The Miami Dolphins: I love the Dolphins, but the current uniforms do nothing for me. I don't like the flat colors. They need to brighten things up with some sheen and more orange. I continue to kick it "old school" on fall Sundays and I will not buy any new merchandise unless the organization puts a winner on the field.

The New York Mets: I love the traditional pinstripes at home and greys on the road. The white uniforms look nice, but it's just not The Mets to me. The blue uniforms look ok, but I think colored jerseys are over-used in baseball ... Stick to the traditional uniforms (pinstripes and greys).

The University of Kansas (football): I don't think a team should have more helmet choices than wins in a season. KU's numerous uniform combinations are poorly executed. Stick to blue and white uniforms with some red highlights. Pull out a red jersey for special games.

KU (basketball): I have found the KU basketball uniforms to be pretty generic the last few seasons. I don't hate them, but they don't excite me. I really dug our alternates last season (the Chalks and the Phogs). They had some character.

FC Barcelona: I loved Barca's 2013-2014 uniforms. The red and yellow Catalan away uniforms were a classy compliment to their traditional home kits. I am sorry to see these away kits retired.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived