JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

On 3/5/2018 at 9:28 AM, j'villejags said:

Piggybacking off of @Gupti's tweaks -- here's another variation that would bring back the aesthetic of the Fred Taylor era.

Upby7Zw.png

This would be a great modern update akin to the Vikings, but nope, it seems like we're going to get the boring version and mono black as the primary and hard to read black/teal numbers and zero teal on the road set.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the current jags set is actually liked by more than 50% of the board - including a few of the “traditionalists”. There’s been tons of comments about how if they just fixed the helmet they’d be fine.  It’s just the helmet that pulls them down to bottom 2 or 3. 

I certainly can’t prove that, but that’s my feelings based on reading all the posts since ever. 

I’m definitely in the camp that the current set is a mobstrocity regardless of helmet, but I think I’m either in the minority or a small majority. 

I like them other than the helmet. The only tweaks I'd make are fixing the collar/shoulders, dropping the shield patch and make the pants stripe extend to the whole pants, and add teal socks to avoid the leotard look. Also make the teal jersey the primary.

What does everyone think about this one?

I saw it posted online today.

39826500724_3c02c3d81c_o.jpg

That's pretty horrific. Leopard print belongs on toddler Halloween costumes.

Nice template, though.

5 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

These are very good and potential designs. Keep up the good work!

giphy.gif

Me when the "Jaguar print for the Jaguars!" concepts continue to roll in.

8 minutes ago, Gman13 said:

These are very good and potential designs. Keep up the good work!

It's not my work ☺️

Was posted online at Uni-watch.

6 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

It's not my work ☺️

Was posted online at Uni-watch.

Oh😳 I didn’t know that. Can you send me the website link where the image is from?

55 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think all NFL pants stripes are sublimated as well— at least, pretty sure that was the case with the Elite51 as they went over that mesh area. im not sure how each team has done it on the Vapor, but if they are all currently sublimated, they wont all be for long :)

Another new Nike template coming? I wish they'd keep the Vapor for a while. It's darn near perfect.

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Just because the Bengals got away with it doesn’t mean that the Jags can. The Bengals’ stripes are wild, yet have a little restraint to them (symmetry, two-color design, plenty of breathing room for the different stripes). This is the “I went to Autozone and picked out the cheapest leopard print seat cover for my 2nd-gen F-Body” aesthetic.

16 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Another new Nike template coming? I wish they'd keep the Vapor for a while. It's darn near perfect.

Well that's super interesting.  Aside from knit-in, sublimation, or printing (woof...screen print striping on pants, I can't see it), I can't imagine another way to do it.  You have us intrigued, @BrandMooreArt!  

There were quite a few concepts in the Uni Watch link that were outstanding, specifically the aforementioned designs by McCool Co.Design which blended both.  

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

coronation-streets-bet.jpg

Jaguar print would make a good hanger effect, but no more.

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

I would honestly question my fandom if the Jags ever put any jaguar print on the uniforms like this. Not one concept using jaguar print has looked remotely good.

I don't know what's worse, everyone using leopard print on Jags concepts or the fact that they use the print on the uniforms at all.

Edit: It doesn't help that the team logo uses the wrong print pattern to start with.

9ecc208dbc8427799bbdf9827820c695.jpg

Those actually do a good job of using teal and gold together. No to the helmets but it’s good color blocking

The only way it could possibly work (and probably not even then) is if the print is altered to fit the shape of the helmet...

MATTHEWS_DEF_2014_Jaguar_Ocelot.18012114

Not just plastered on flat.  That's what make the Bengals' helmet work... it was designed specifically to fit the dome of a football helmet.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:57 PM, Lee Noire said:

Turns out that light at the end of the tunnel was a train driven by Ice Cap. 

puvcnVd.png

4 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

I don't know what's worse, everyone using leopard print on Jags concepts or the fact that they use the print on the uniforms at all.

Edit: It doesn't help that the team logo uses the wrong print pattern to start with.

9ecc208dbc8427799bbdf9827820c695.jpg

The logo isn't wrong; jaguars have solid spots on their heads. instead of the regular rosettes. If they still had a full-body version, then you might have an argument. Also, there's more variability than that graphic suggests.