Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think all NFL pants stripes are sublimated as well— at least, pretty sure that was the case with the Elite51 as they went over that mesh area. im not sure how each team has done it on the Vapor, but if they are all currently sublimated, they wont all be for long :)

Another new Nike template coming? I wish they'd keep the Vapor for a while. It's darn near perfect.

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

What does everyone think about this one?

I saw it posted online today.

39826500724_3c02c3d81c_o.jpg

Just because the Bengals got away with it doesn’t mean that the Jags can. The Bengals’ stripes are wild, yet have a little restraint to them (symmetry, two-color design, plenty of breathing room for the different stripes). This is the “I went to Autozone and picked out the cheapest leopard print seat cover for my 2nd-gen F-Body” aesthetic.

16 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Another new Nike template coming? I wish they'd keep the Vapor for a while. It's darn near perfect.

Well that's super interesting.  Aside from knit-in, sublimation, or printing (woof...screen print striping on pants, I can't see it), I can't imagine another way to do it.  You have us intrigued, @BrandMooreArt!  

There were quite a few concepts in the Uni Watch link that were outstanding, specifically the aforementioned designs by McCool Co.Design which blended both.  

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

What does everyone think about this one?

I saw it posted online today.

39826500724_3c02c3d81c_o.jpg

I would honestly question my fandom if the Jags ever put any jaguar print on the uniforms like this. Not one concept using jaguar print has looked remotely good.

I don't know what's worse, everyone using leopard print on Jags concepts or the fact that they use the print on the uniforms at all.

Edit: It doesn't help that the team logo uses the wrong print pattern to start with.

9ecc208dbc8427799bbdf9827820c695.jpg

4 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

I don't know what's worse, everyone using leopard print on Jags concepts or the fact that they use the print on the uniforms at all.

Edit: It doesn't help that the team logo uses the wrong print pattern to start with.

9ecc208dbc8427799bbdf9827820c695.jpg

The logo isn't wrong; jaguars have solid spots on their heads. instead of the regular rosettes. If they still had a full-body version, then you might have an argument. Also, there's more variability than that graphic suggests.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Well that's super interesting.  Aside from knit-in, sublimation, or printing (woof...screen print striping on pants, I can't see it), I can't imagine another way to do it.  You have us intrigued, @BrandMooreArt!  

There were quite a few concepts in the Uni Watch link that were outstanding, specifically the aforementioned designs by McCool Co.Design which blended both.  

@aawagner011 not a new template, but a different way of doing a stripe, at least as an option. theres a few teams doing new things this year, so we'll see if it makes the field

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 hours ago, Gupti said:

I’m surprised at how much I appreciate the use of the Jaws of Husky Stadium here. The black cuffs of the original design would probably get rolled under and practically erased with modern jersey cuts, so filling in the Spokes of the Sooner Schooner helps to emphasize the way that black is used there. Fine use of the Tusks of the Razorback.

The cuffs haven't been rolled over generally since about 2008, but even so, there's some black above the cuffs on those mock ups that helps avoid any potential issues caused by the modern cuts.. Great touch here, and exactly what I've been thinking of for the concept in my mind, just haven't had the time to put it on paper yet.. I have, however, fooled around on some major brand uniform designers and come up with several other options that some might find attractive, given the limitations of the various manufacturers' uniform builder software..

But, yes, I agree with all the good stuff you said about the concepts

I’m not philosophically opposed to them using restrained jaguar spots, but at most they should be on an alternate uniform and possibly sublimated, it wouldn’t be much dumber that the Seahawks ‘tribal wings’ pattern. Using it to the capacity shown in that concept would make them look like Scary Spice

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived