2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to like the Lions throwbacks. Too plain.  I rather they do the 1961 ones.  EDIT: Have they ever used today's sideline cap logo on the helmet? 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 11/20/2018 at 4:58 PM, tohasbo said:

I would have thought Bills would wear white at Miami next week

If you would have thought that then you thought correctly.

The Dolphins will be in their 1966 inaugural season Aqua over White throwbacks, the Bills in their white on white throwbacks based on the 1965 AFL Champion set (for the 2nd straight week, and 2nd straight season opposite Miami's throwbacks) ...

The same AFL uniform matchup that we saw down in Miami last season. When it looks that good, no reason not to do it again.

bills.jpg

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Game worn...

61072_01_lg.jpg

AND, game worn...

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Yeah, that is navy blue. You can't convince me that Walter Payton isn't wearing black in that photo vs the Saints. His helmet, jersey, and pant stripe is EXACTLY as dark as the Saints black.

16 hours ago, Olmec said:

Are you being serious? 

Yes. There are dozens of photos of Bears players looking like they are wearing black from the 80's. Obviously it's lighting as some have pointed out. But yes...I'm completely :censored:ing serious that it looks like Walter is wearing a black uniform. Sorry, not sorry.

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm starting to question that too... This just must be a brilliant troll.

Oh :censored: right off.

Please provide some evidence that they've ever worn black in a game.  I'll change my user name to "FSUViking's Bitch", make my avatar anything of your choice, and post naked for the rest of 2018* if you can provide any evidence that they've worn black uniforms since the 50s.

*that's likely to happen regardless.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

Yeah, that is navy blue. You can't convince me that Walter Payton isn't wearing black in that photo vs the Saints. His helmet, jersey, and pant stripe is EXACTLY as dark as the Saints black.

Yes. There are dozens of photos of Bears players looking like they are wearing black from the 80's. Obviously it's lighting as some have pointed out. But yes...I'm completely :censored:ing serious that it looks like Walter is wearing a black uniform. Sorry, not sorry.

Sorry bud, you’re wrong. Just accept it and move on. Or get yourself banned. Either way is fine with me.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

If you would have thought that then you thought correctly.

The Dolphins will be in their 1966 inaugural season Aqua over White throwbacks, the Bills in their white on white throwbacks based on the 1965 AFL Champion set (for the 2nd straight week, and 2nd straight season opposite Miami's throwbacks) ...

The same AFL uniform matchup that we saw down in Miami last season. When it looks that good, no reason not to do it again.

bills.jpg

Buffalo and Miami doing the lord’s work once a week per season.  

8 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Ok... what color is this guy wearing?

1008.jpg?w=960

Carolina in black tops black bottoms again 

I think my theory of the Panthers switching over to black/black as their primaries might be true. They haven’t worn the silver pants once this year. This might be an indicator of silver being gone from their branding once they get new uniforms. They have a new owner wanting to make changes, and they can get the process started in March 2019 to have them ready by the 2020 season. 

I’m probably in the minority when I say I love the way silver contrasts with the colors. That silver helmet really pops off the black and blue 

Seattle at Carolina, another matchup we just can't seem to get with the teams in their regular uniforms. We've seen Seattle in navy over gray with Carolina in white/white THREE times (once in the playoffs), and the one time the Panthers wore black in 2014, the Seahawks ruined it with the "wolf greys"

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

1008.jpg?w=960

Let it go-  some people are just flat earthers and as stupid as they are you can't convince them otherwise. Not worth the aggravation.

... Having said that, I've been looking at a lot of photos and film reels from the 1930s and its amazing how many teams chose gray and dark gray as their team colors.  🤯

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This is getting out of hand. 

@FSUViking please don’t swear at fellow users. 

Everyone else? Lay off the dogpile. 

As for the matter at hand...old pictures and film are notoriously unreliable when comes to discerning differences in colour. I advise everyone here drop this subject immediately unless someone can produce game-worn black Bears gear. If not? We have nothing further to discuss. 

9 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Carolina in black tops black bottoms again 

I think my theory of the Panthers switching over to black/black as their primaries might be true. They haven’t worn the silver pants once this year. This might be an indicator of silver being gone from their branding once they get new uniforms. They have a new owner wanting to make changes, and they can get the process started in March 2019 to have them ready by the 2020 season. 

I’m probably in the minority when I say I love the way silver contrasts with the colors. That silver helmet really pops off the black and blue 

I want to see the Panthers wear white pants with black jerseys at least once, as the new owner is experimenting with combos never worn under the former regime.

Carolina's color scheme is one that is really tough to manage. Black/blue/silver/white looks great at home, but it becomes really hard to maintain the same color hierarchy on the road with white uniforms. On the flip side, just using Black/blue/white is a good look, but it feels kind of empty in comparison. I don't really have a solution, and it's a problem I haven't really been able to deal with when making concepts. 

21 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Please provide some evidence that they've ever worn black in a game.  I'll change my user name to "FSUViking's Bitch", make my avatar anything of your choice, and post naked for the rest of 2018* if you can provide any evidence that they've worn black uniforms since the 50s.

*that's likely to happen regardless.

None of that is really motivating.

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Sorry bud, you’re wrong. Just accept it and move on. Or get yourself banned. Either way is fine with me.

Why would I be banned?

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

1008.jpg?w=960

OK, you realize different people SEE different colors, right? Do you attack people who are colorblind?

7 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Let it go-  some people are just flat earthers and as stupid as they are you can't convince them otherwise. Not worth the aggravation.

... Having said that, I've been looking at a lot of photos and film reels from the 1930s and its amazing how many teams chose gray and dark gray as their team colors.  🤯

So I'm stupid because I see a different color than you do? WOW. Sorry to "aggravate" you with how my eyes work. Christ, I hope you don't have children. God knows what you might do to them if they see a different hue than you do.

Archived