NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Yes, but I was getting at what don't care said. Navy blue is more prominent than orange on the Broncos road uniforms. 

You know, even in their 1968-1996 look the royal blue was more prominent as well.

Image result for Denver Broncos 1991

On this you see the numbers is royal blue with orange trim. But the piping is royal blue, orange, royal blue.

1 hour ago, sharplcd said:

CsFn4c5WEAAogXv.jpg:large

God DAMN! They gotten the socks all wrong now! Can this uniform look disastrous as it is? Just by adding more damage to it makes it even more deplorable. Can't they at least go back to seal brown (now it's mud brown) socks with orange, white, and orange piping?

God bless America. But those ugly uniforms now. They need to ditch the wordmark off the pants and jersey itself and continue the piping on the pants. THEN THE ORANGE SOCKS ARE ONLY FOR THE ORANGE LIDS, ORANGE JERSEYS, AND WHITE PANTS!!! Who in the right mind make these stupid decisions? Oh wait, Nike, the League Owners, and some crackpot players.

17 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

God DAMN! They gotten the socks all wrong now! Can this uniform look disastrous as it is? Just by adding more damage to it makes it even more deplorable. Can't they at least go back to seal brown (now it's mud brown) socks with orange, white, and orange piping?

"The brown remains unchanged." --Cleveland Browns

Anyways, it's ridiculous how the Browns finally emphasized the striping in their identity and branding, only to truncate said stripes in two of the three places where stripes are most prominent--on the pants and on the socks. Oh, how I hate how sock design has fallen by the wayside and how I LOATHE pants wordmarks.

23 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

God bless America. But those ugly uniforms now. They need to ditch the wordmark off the pants and jersey itself and continue the piping on the pants. THEN THE ORANGE SOCKS ARE ONLY FOR THE ORANGE LIDS, ORANGE JERSEYS, AND WHITE PANTS!!! Who in the right mind make these stupid decisions? Oh wait, Nike, the League Owners, and some crackpot players.

Hyperbole aside, do you REALLY think NFL Owners are deciding which uniforms are worn on a given Sunday?

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

"The brown remains unchanged." --Cleveland Browns

Anyways, it's ridiculous how the Browns finally emphasized the striping in their identity and branding, only to truncate said stripes in two of the three places where stripes are most prominent--on the pants and on the socks. Oh, how I hate how sock design has fallen by the wayside and how I LOATHE pants wordmarks.

Exactly. I always felt that the problem lies with the inconsistency of the uniform the Browns have now. The word mark shouldn't be on all over the uniforms. They could of at least made the pants piping more consistent with the jersey one which should of went well for them, but Nike had to show the Haslam guy their cool stuff.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Hyperbole aside, do you REALLY think NFL Owners are deciding which uniforms are worn on a given Sunday?

It's either for their sake. If you were an owner and they ask you, "Do you like this?" "You can make a lot of money with this attire?" The owners will have to say yes.

Remember when Carroll Rosenbloom back in 1972 said the navy blue and white Rams looked bland and wanted to change the set and revive athletic gold back to their color scheme and go from navy blue to royal blue?

Remember when John York Jr. (Is he a junior?) wanted the 49ers to go back to the Joe Montana (actually the 1964-1995 look), but Reebok screwed up the sleeve piping?

Remember when Malcolm Glazer wanted to ditch the old creamsicles to make a fierce pirate look and chose pewter and red to be the main?

So yeah, it is the owners decision 71% of the times. But then 29% of the time it's not depending on the team. Some other team owners just don't care while others do.

Archived