NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

8 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

Why did the NHL switch away from white jerseys at home?  I prefer the white at home for hockey not because of seeing other teams colors, it's moreso that teams white jerseys tend to be the better set to me.

Alternates.

And it used to be darks at home in the past too.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

I like the way junior hockey does it.  The flip happens after Christmas.  Good compromising solution to those who want to see their team wear white at home and those that want to see dark at home.

I fully agree with that. However, in order to make lights more interesting, yellow/gold should be a light colour and worn against darks. Nashville should wear a navy version of their yellows. Imagine, for example, how cool it would be to watch Dallas in their greens with black vs the Predators in yellow with navy. I always loved watching the Canucks in their old home yellows play at home against Calgary in their away reds.543540d4f13feead94476a433aed29d1.jpg_cf.jpg.fdffc81bce79fadbe3e8a79d89416bb2.jpgmedium_Yellow-canucks_yellowjersey.jpg_cf.jpg.c3ff34d456dc6d9c0244dda2c752c9e8.jpg

This uniform obviously has problems

bebfd92fceb7adee37a60fff58e96ead.jpg

But it is a nice move forward from their previous set, and if they stuck with it and de-Edgeified it, it could be great today. Unfortunately they would rather be the Maple Lightning.

14 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Good looking uniforms and good hockey aren’t mutually exclusive. Why not ask for both? It’s kinda the point of this board. 

there's no reason there can't be both. I've just never been behind the "see the other team's colors" idea. obviously I'm in the camp of hoping both teams are dressed to the nines each night. 

Maybe it also stems from the fact i'm not a fan of white at home... 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

13 hours ago, Ark said:

This uniform obviously has problems

bebfd92fceb7adee37a60fff58e96ead.jpg

But it is a nice move forward from their previous set, and if they stuck with it and de-Edgeified it, it could be great today. Unfortunately they would rather be the Maple Lightning.

Lightning should bring back the victory stripes. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 4/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, spartacat_12 said:

With the 2018-19 regular season finished, I thought it would be good to have a playoff uniform discussion. Here is what the first round is going to look like in the West:

Calgary vs. Colorado

spacer.png

Since we haven't seen the Flames' throwback 3rd against the Avs' current white, we'll have to use our imagination for the games in Calgary.

Not anymore LMAO

elias-lindholm-of-the-calgary-flames-loo

“We need the home team to wear white so we can see the other team’s collars” is a bad argument in 2019 when you can watch any game in the league on any one night. You don’t need the home team to wear white to see other team’s colours.

Besides, darks at home work better with most alternates so it’s probably best to keep dark at home as the status quo going forward. 

2 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I like darks at home until Christmas and then afterwards go with whites and yellows at home until the Cup is hoisted.

Talk about all over the place. "Darks half the season but yellows are whites so dark for yellow teams when whites comes in but keep whites during playoffs" Simple.  

I just think its time to change it back to whites. It comes and goes.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

There's no logical, rational reason that I like whites/lights at home, I admit - it's just what I grew up with and what I got used to, so I prefer it. Maybe also being a huge NBA fan, who themselves wore white at home until they went off the deep end with their jerseys a couple years back, contributed to that.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, lbj273 said:

Why did the NHL switch away from white jerseys at home?

03-04.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, mcj882000 said:

There's no logical, rational reason that I like whites/lights at home, I admit - it's just what I grew up with and what I got used to, so I prefer it. Maybe also being a huge NBA fan, who themselves wore white at home until they went off the deep end with their jerseys a couple years back, contributed to that.

I grew up with that, too.  But I got over it quick.  With most teams wearing dark alternates at home, it just made sense for the league to make the switch when they did.

For the playoffs, I'd be okay if a team like Winnipeg went with white at home.  They would probably be the only one.

I just don't want it to be like the NBA where a team might wear 2 or 3 different jerseys in 1 series.  Switching them after every round is fine, just not every other game.

18 hours ago, Bayne said:

Talk about all over the place. "Darks half the season but yellows are whites so dark for yellow teams when whites comes in but keep whites during playoffs" Simple.  

I just think its time to change it back to whites. It comes and goes.

Yellow can work as a white in hockey just like in basketball(LA Lakers).

The Blues using white numbers still looks weird to me, the gold numbers stood out more IMO, given how many other blue teams wear white numbers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived