NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. Orange pants should be the primary for both home and away, with white being used with white jerseys for “special” games (I hate “special” uniforms, but it’s a fact of modern athletics). 

Im totes cool with brown pants, provided they have a stripe. Not sure I’d want them to be the primary road option, but it wouldn’t suck. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, lbj273 said:

I don't think the Browns should wear brown pants period.  White pants primarily with orange pants on the road a few times a year would be my ideal look for them

The only brown pants I would keep are the "color rush" ones, but only to be worn with the "color rush" jersey

Tennessee Titans Announce Uniform Tweak for 2019

March 27, 2019 - 14:51 PM

The Tennessee Titans yesterday announced they will be making a very slight modification to one of their uniforms for the upcoming 2019 NFL season. It’s a change so minor that a team would usually not even acknowledge it, but interest […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Same thing I wondered about the Browns. Nike and the NFL spend years working on these uniforms and can't even check to make sure the numbers are legible?

Sadly, that's what happens when you design uniforms for the players (and not the fans), who invariably trumpet that the new unis are "dope", "sick", or "flamin'".

Just now, CitizenTino said:

It’s interesting to me that the Titans got the go-ahead to tweak their numbers for the sake of legibility after one year, but the Browns are stuck with theirs for the full five.

Yeah - that's an interesting path. Is the Titans approval due to it being only the third jersey, and thus less merchandise being outdated?

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

It’s interesting to me that the Titans got the go-ahead to tweak their numbers for the sake of legibility after one year, but the Browns are stuck with theirs for the full five.

Thickening the numbers is less noticeable than swapping the colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, randyc said:

Titans numbers to be thicker on the light blue jerseys, but not the two other main jerseys.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-to-make-a-slight-modification-to-the-light-blue-jerseys-for-2019

Fun Fact: the Blue jays blue jerseys feature white lettering and numbers that are slightly thinner than their blue counterparts. White on blue looks thicker so they thinned it out so that the numbering appears consistent even though it's technically not. 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Appears a new Dolphins alternate may be in the works. I’m praying it’s a white version of the throwbacks and not an orange current jersey. 

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/prepare-your-wallet-miami-will-introduce-alternate-jerseys-in-2019/

I believe this was talked about sometime during the 2018 season, and that a white throwback was a frontrunner.

Archived