College Football 2019

29texan

1 hour ago, dont care said:

But when he failed up after looking like garbage in Oregon and was left with what people were saying was a better roster and qb when he took over there it does indicate that it’s a trend and that he’s coaching way over his head.

??? Justin Herbert got hurt in the middle of the season and they predictably got worse after that. They were a very strong team when healthy, and that was his only year in Oregon. Once he gets the guys he wants at FSU, it will be a better indicator of his coaching prowess 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Don't worry, with any luck, Taggart will lose a bunch of games and still fail upward into a new job. Watch for him to go 6-6 and then get offered the job at Notre Dame or Alabama. The new guy can restore the proper FSU look. 

I swear, that guy must be an incredible interviewee.

Your hate for Willie must be based solely on overall record. Take a look at what he's actually done. Yeah, your overall record is gonna take a hit when you're taking over massive rebuilding jobs.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Been told Auburn will be in blue for next week's game against Oregon. Was hoping Auburn would wear white solely for a completely different uniform matchup than the 2010 NC game.

Personally, I'm pulling for that green/white/green look, but wouldn't mind to see yellow.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

^A couple Oregon players have shown off the new dark green cleats on their IG stories the last few days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they wear the white jerseys with dark green accents and go with one of these combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

That’s just pure speculation, though. I too would really like to see the apple green/white/apple green combo. I’d also really like to see this combo:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^A couple Oregon players have shown off the new dark green cleats on their IG stories the last few days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they wear the white jerseys with dark green accents and go with one of these combos:

That’s just pure speculation, though. I too would really like to see the apple green/white/apple green combo.

I'll be honest, I would be very disappointed if they go dark green in this game. Give me some good color - no black, no silver, and no highlighter yellow like 2010. Orange and blue vs green and yellow has a lot of beautiful combo potential. Auburn doesn't play many green teams. Make this look good, Oregon!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Just now, Clintau24 said:

I'll be honest, I would be very disappointed if they go dark green in this game. Give me some good color - no black, no silver, and no highlighter yellow like 2010. Orange and blue vs green and yellow has a lot of beautiful combo potential. Auburn doesn't play many green teams. Make this look good, Oregon!

I agree, some apple green and/or yellow would really add some great color to the matchup and would contrast nicely with Auburn’s navy and orange. I like the dark green, but don’t really wanna see them wear it against Auburn’s navy uniforms. Apple green/white/apple green or yellow/white/yellow would be my top choices for this game.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's also dealing with the problem çhildren he inherited from Jimbo. Most of them will be gone after this year, so let's see how it shakes out. And if Kendall Briles is expected to be the next coach, I don't think that's a good idea atcall. I still don't kniw how he got out of Baylor with so little of the damage other coaches have.

You see my point. With the work Willie and Co. are doing to restore some semblance of character and accountability to the program (as if FSU has EVER been a bastion of either, haha), if they cut Willie's cord too soon, I don't like the character baggage Kendall Briles brings to the HC spot. That said, as a reformed man myself, I (unlike many) do believe a man can reform himself--but that also has to be proven where it counts. But this ain't about Kendall; it's about Willie...

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Your hate for Willie must be based solely on overall record. Take a look at what he's actually done. Yeah, your overall record is gonna take a hit when you're taking over massive rebuilding jobs.

Exactly. This whole episode is reminding me of Tyrone Willingham's tenure at Notre Dame. I think he lasted up there for three years before they kicked him out, and I still don't think he got all that fair a shake up there. (I'll keep the elephant in the closet for now.) But yeah, this is a pretty serious undertaking going on at FSU, from the players to the program to even the style of play (bear in mind that up until Willie's arrival, FSU has, for the most part, always run more of a pro-style attack; now it's more of an RPO-based attack, and the personnel he inherited really don't fit that scheme (and you saw that with how bad Francois struggled last season trying to run it). So it's a lot of moving parts, all of which is why I'm willing, as a realist, to give the man a chance--which could take a couple years. (Remember that through most of last decade FSU was pretty not good; yet they stuck with Jimbo during all that and it ultimately got them a national championship on the field.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don’t have a picture but YSU and Sanford are wearing modified 150 patches that have an FCS Kickoff Logo next to it on a rectangular patch. Looks really poorly. Should’ve opted for one and not the other.

EDIT: Tweet from YSU shows a better look at patch. 

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I don’t have a picture but YSU and Sanford are wearing modified 150 patches that have an FCS Kickoff Logo next to it on a rectangular patch. Looks really poorly. Should’ve opted for one and not the other.

EDIT: Tweet from YSU shows a better look at patch. 

It looks like it was poorly applied. Should have been put on the left.

According to this video, the Ducks have a “brand new, never before seen” helmet planned for this season:

The end of the video says 9/24/19, but there are people on twitter saying that’s a typo. It’s very possible it was supposed to say 8/24/19 since that’s today’s date and the video was put out today. In any case, I’ll be curious to see what this helmet ends up looking like. The “never before seen” is especially intriguing.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Florida vs. Miami looks good.

Gosh darn I cant believe College Football is here. Yay!

Ummm Miami's pants do look a bit red to me though. Could be my TV.

They are definitely more red than Florida’s helmets and stripes but still look orange to me. I think it might just be the different shades

It looks like the coaches have a pretty tacky rectangular white patch for AFCA/150 on their shelves. One coach looked like that thing was barely hanging on. Amateurish

And yeah. It's not just your TV. Miami's pants were basically red. Compare them to the coach's windbreakers and it's not even close. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

According to this video, the Ducks have a “brand new, never before seen” helmet planned for this season:

The end of the video says 9/24/19, but there are people on twitter saying that’s a typo. It’s very possible it was supposed to say 8/24/19 since that’s today’s date and the video was put out today. In any case, I’ll be curious to see what this helmet ends up looking like. The “never before seen” is especially intriguing.

Almost has to be a new finish of some kind, but they've already done just about everything imaginable. My guess is that it will be some kind of reflective material used for the wings or O decals that would actually 'glow' on the field. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yawn. 

I'll wait until I see something actually revealed before passing judgement. Oregon has become the boy who cried wolf when it comes to big, trumped up "reveals." They march out in something new about every 3rd week and 90% of it is forgotten in a month. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived