MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Wow, maybe its just my computer but it looks like they've got orange in their wordmark

Capture.png

They definitely screwed up and made the outline orange rather than the pinkish red they currently use. No idea if that’s what the final product will look like though.

31 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Wow, maybe its just my computer but it looks like they've got orange in their wordmark

Capture.png

As well as the piping and sleeve patch.

7pnhGlJ.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Most of them are boring. Some are still terrible. Why does Twins keep the disgusting gold?! Why the Rockies can’t have a new look?? Of course, Tigers had most boring uniforms ever. 

Also, the swoosh should’ve on the right sleeve. 
Nicksplat Facepalm GIF by NickRewind

the Nike uniforms are pretty disappointing.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

39 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

It could be an optical illusion where the orange background makes your mind think the actual Marlins color is orange and nor red.  I've seen things like that where it plays with your head.

When you zoom in to a point you no longer see tha background it looks even more orange.

10 hours ago, DoubleStraps said:

Not enough can be said about how dumb those stupid swooshes look. I thought they looked bad at every reveal, but now seeing them tarnish my beloved Red Sox home whites is just... depressing.

I think the Phillies and Royals ones might be the worst. It looks like the "P" and "R" have an accent mark.

Imagine if the Expos were still around. They would be the éxpos?

I saw, I came, I left.

On 12/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, McCall said:

That powder blue jersey with gray pants would look even more terrible than blue on blue. The colors are too close, yet different enough where they would cause a horrible clash. Either white pants only or white and powedered blue pants. That's it. Those are the only options. Other than burning them in a damn dumpster fire. But only if the damn dumpster fire has a front number.

right, okay.... blue jersey, white pants. 

but i guess we won-'t see that ever.

55 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

https://uni-watch.com/2019/12/10/gross-mlb-reveals-full-slate-of-nike-fied-home-jerseys/

Why are they showing the home jerseys but not the road or alternate jerseys?

At least one team hasn’t yet unveiled its new road uniform, and at least two teams haven’t yet unveiled their new alternates. Stay tuned.

Who are the teams? 

Why can’t they put it on the sleeve, like Majestic did? Why does Nike always have to push things too far?

Nike didn’t unilaterally decide to put their logo on the chest. They put it there because MLB decided to sell that space for the maker’s mark at a higher price, and Nike was willing to pay that higher price for added exposure. (MLB had originally struck that same deal as part of the contract that Under Armour backed out of.) So don’t blame Nike for purchasing something that was available for sale; blame MLB for selling it in the first place. Say what you want about the NFL, but at least they haven’t sold that space.

This needs to be put out there more.

Archived