MLB Changes 2020

kimball

While the color is virtually identical I don't think the Rays version of that color is in the same category as what powder blue was and has become. 

That blue is one of the Rays' official team colors so it's on their logos and uniforms and is one of their alternate jerseys.

Powder blue was just an attempt at a new base color for road uniforms that people have nostalgic memories for. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Powder Blue Rangers has topped the Navy Blue Yelich as the top selling Nike jersey. Yelich was holding it for a while. 

https://www.mlbshop.com/?pageSize=72&sortOption=TopSellers&query=nike jersey

Yes, that means they have sold 4 or 5 of these jerseys, over the other jersey that might have sold 1 or 2.

how do i know this?. well i checked the second they were up on the site and if you select a size you can see how many they have left and it said 2 of each size. Now they are mostly gone.

also, the blue has no number and player name, so it's "only" 335, not 454.

the white ranger Gallo jersey has not sold one unit..... gee, i wonder the F why?  at $455!

Even when they go on sale these jerseys are a huge :censored:ing ripoff!

I sure hope they come to their senses and lower the price to what they were before with majestic... around 300 is more than enough! And i think most would agree with me. 

For these obscenely priced Yelich jerseys, any ideas on why the blue jersey and grey jersey are $454.99 but the cream and white jerseys are $374.99?

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-christian-yelich-nike-navy-alternate-2020-authentic-player-jersey/t-14223283+p-0396697748879+z-9-3964823088

90758391980.gif

21 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

For these obscenely priced Yelich jerseys, any ideas on why the blue jersey and grey jersey are $454.99 but the cream and white jerseys are $374.99?

https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/mens-milwaukee-brewers-christian-yelich-nike-navy-alternate-2020-authentic-player-jersey/t-14223283+p-0396697748879+z-9-3964823088

1. Blue and gray fabric is more expensive.... (LOL)

2. They flip a special price coin a Nike headquarters, to select prices

3. Don't ask, just buy them, who cares about rent or the mortgage.

7 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

How are all those ugly fashion camo jerseys in the top sales? I get that they're cheap but :censored:...who would pay for that? No team texts and that hideous fractal camo pattern...

Anubis.png

20 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Uh....does that Yelich jersey say $454.99???? 

Yes.  

Same jerseys as last year, made from the same materials, on the same template, made by the same craftspeople in the exact same Pennsylvania favorite. 

That new Nike swoosh added $120 to the price.  Enjoy!

Off topic but why do the Reds always do their FanFest in December? I've always figured Fan fest is a way to hype up a new season and show off new acquisitions. Seems like doing it that early defeats that purpose as it's two months before spring training and much of the 2020 team isn't exactly formed at this point. 

Just an observation as this is the only team I see doing this. 

14 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

How are all those ugly fashion camo jerseys in the top sales? I get that they're cheap but :censored:...who would pay for that? No team texts and that hideous fractal camo pattern...

It’s filtered to only show Nike Jerseys, and before the contract, they only made fashion jerseys. It would make sense for stuff that’s been available for years to have more sales than a thing that JUST came out...

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yes.  

Same jerseys as last year, made from the same materials, on the same template, made by the same craftspeople in the exact same Pennsylvania favorite. 

That new Nike swoosh added $120 to the price.  Enjoy!

As if $335 is a fair price...

I don't like powder blues at all. I consider them to be 70s relics that shouldn't be revived. But the new Rangers set is easily the worst because they are slapping a modern wordmark on a vintage template. It would have worked much better if they retained the period wordmark. Of course it looks very dated, but that's true for powder blues in general.

It does make me wonder if pants colors outside of the traditional grey and white will be much more commonplace around the league now, especially with Nike taking over.

5 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I don't like powder blues at all. I consider them to be 70s relics that shouldn't be revived.

THANK YOU! They need to be left behind in the history books like pullovers and stirrups.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, WSU151 said:

What an ugly fashion jersey lol

A top selling fashion jersey. 

I own many dozen on field caps. But have had to stop with the Derby USA switch out. 

The common fan cares less about quality or just about anything. It’s all bought up without any common regard for anything. Who needs a marketing department? Not many do. 

as far as the top selling category , there appears to be a time frame involved. It’s not a top selling all time category. It probably has a 90 day window. So those camo ones haven’t been around too long, and are selling well enough to maintain their spot. 

11 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Off topic but why do the Reds always do their FanFest in December? I've always figured Fan fest is a way to hype up a new season and show off new acquisitions. Seems like doing it that early defeats that purpose as it's two months before spring training and much of the 2020 team isn't exactly formed at this point. 

Just an observation as this is the only team I see doing this. 

Pirates do the same, or at least traditionally have.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived