New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Yeah,  as a non-Jets fan,  I still like the Jets helmet from the 80's.  That logo,  with this current new shell,  would be a very decent 8.5/10 for me.  That's the only thing missing. 

The pointed shoulder and pant stripes seem like they were made to match the "landing jet" wordmark.  Seems like a missed opportunity

23 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Only thing really holding this set back for me is the lack of an actual jet for the logo.

That, and the black outlines are incredibly unnecessary; and probably just a flimsy excuse to have a black alternate.  I'm sure they'll bother me much less on the green jerseys, where they're less noticeable.  Regardless, if they're married to that logo then take away the football and just put a jet inside the oval.  The one from the 1963 helmet (minus the JETS wordmark, of course) would do it for me.

While the helmet looks great on a shelf of retail store, I don't think it goes well with the uniform.  If they're not going to go with shiny fabrics that look different under different lighting, then they should have gone with a lighter matte or satin finish that would be more consistent with the green used elsewhere in the set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, joekono said:

Well, the 1994 throwbacks would've been fine. For Jet's fan sake, let's hope Sam Darnold doesn't have "Joe Ferguson Syndrome" ( For you youngsters, it's the reason the Bills went to red helmets because Joe Ferguson, the Bill's QB at the time threw so many interceptions and the AFC east had the Bills,Colts,Dolphins and Patriots in white helmets).

Haha!! 😆 

Fergie threw MORE INT's in 1984 than he did in any prior season and was gone from the Bills by the start of the 1985 season, so much for the colored helmet helping him out.

When going to the red helmets the Bills left the facemask royal blue which never right. Finally by the 1986 season the white facemask made its debut.

JETS:  my take is that I like the 'Gotham' green alot, but a football on the helmet logo decal?  They blew it, should have been a jet plane. The jersey stripes bug me because it makes it look like they have a cape attached to the back of their jerseys.

I'm okay w/ the black outline trim, but not a black jersey or pants.

the NEW YORK wordmark below the NFL-100 shield?   Any team copying the failed and jumbo 'CLEVELAND' look is not a wise move. Really really dumb.

J-E-T-S have always been good about not wearing the same color socks as their pants, and that's about to be broken when they wear their green or black pants ... they need white socks with the green pants, and NOT black socks if they actually wear those black pants.

NFL needs to change the rules and allow teams to tweak their uniforms AFTER the first season of a uniform change.  Look at Tennessee last season w/ those black numbers on the Columbia blue jerseys, you cannot make out those jersey numbers when watching on TV. Tennessee needs many more tweaks in addition to fixing those jersey numbers on the Columbia Blue jerseys, so I guess they gotta wait another 5 years for that.  I hear the NFL is letting the Titans make the white outline of those black numbers thicker for this season, but that's about it.

I don't understand how they have swooshing lines in their uniforms and marketing but don't do it in the helmet logo. By adding the swooping lines in the logo, you could kill two birds with one stone and reference the Namath era and the Esiason era.

Something like these sloppy mockups I made would have been way better. I do apologize for the quality of these, I'm not very good at photoshopping.

EMUADUB.png

10wOdxN.png

7CVUoPJ.png

bSLCtu2.png

On 8/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, Old School Fool said:

I don't understand how they have swooshing lines in their uniforms and marketing but don't do it in the helmet logo. By adding the swooping lines in the logo, you could kill two birds with one stone and reference the Namath era and the Esiason era.

Something like these sloppy mockups I made would have been way better. I do apologize for the quality of these, I'm not very good at photoshopping.

EMUADUB.png

10wOdxN.png

7CVUoPJ.png

The last one actually resembles the front view of a plane,  so it's definitely passable. 

The football is the worst part of the helmet (other than the color clash with the uniform.)  I get that it's a nod to the Namath and Testeverde/Sanchez era (lol), but it's dumb, redundant, creates a weird arc for the wordmark to follow, clashes with the angles used elsewhere in the uniform, and is redundant and dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 12:57 PM, ARTnSocal said:

Haha!! 😆 

Fergie threw MORE INT's in 1984 than he did in any prior season and was gone from the Bills by the start of the 1985 season, so much for the colored helmet helping him out.

When going to the red helmets the Bills left the facemask royal blue which never right. Finally by the 1986 season the white facemask made its debut.

Not to be a stickler (who are we kidding the whole CCSL Community is a bunch of guys who obsess on details),

The Bills kept the Blue Facemask with the Red Helmet through the 96 Season. They didn't switch to White until 1997, if you look at any pics of Jim Kelly's rookie season you will see the facemasks were still Blue.

13 minutes ago, MC Buffalo said:

Not to be a stickler (who are we kidding the whole CCSL Community is a bunch of guys who obsess on details),

The Bills kept the Blue Facemask with the Red Helmet through the 96 Season. They didn't switch to White until 1997, if you look at any pics of Jim Kelly's rookie season you will see the facemasks were still Blue.

You're off by a decade (easy mistake to make on a keyboard). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived