College Football 2020

Kevin W.

6 hours ago, walkerws said:

While I love the black squirrels, they wouldn’t be any better. You’d still have to shoehorn in speed. The squirrels are Canadians anyway. Lol 

This is off topic, but I was unaware of black squirrels association with Kent State and went down a rabbit hole on them. My lifelong best friend was named after a family friend of his dad's who allegedly was responsible for introducing black squirrels to Iowa. It was always a quirky story that he told a lot and he just found his namesake funny. Turns out, not true at all and not really a unique story either. I probably should keep it to myself and let him keep the story lol

• Like 1

The stripe thickness looks disproportional on the Gators white lid in comparison to their orange helmet. They should in theory be applying the exact same stripe thickness since it’s supposed to be an identical stripe. These stripes are too thin. Still better than the tapered stripe.

For reference:

The combined orange and blue stripes on the white lid look about the same thickness as the blue stripes on the orange helmet. The orange helmet stripes also look approximately the same thickness as the jersey stripes.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

This is my favorite set Oregon has ever had. The colors just look so awesome and the patterns are well done without being over the top. 

Uniform reveals have gotten so stale over the years, so it was nice to actually feel some excitement about one again. Only wish they would've saved the look for a night game. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from them! 

• Like 2

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

White pants would've elevated the look. Maybe today's performance with dissuade them from this combo in the future.

Or maybe just drop black all together. Huskers are a total of 0-4 in black jerseys/uniforms.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

51 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Uniform reveals have gotten so stale over the years, so it was nice to actually feel some excitement about one again. Only wish they would've saved the look for a night game. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from them! 

Worth mentioning that this game was originally scheduled for last night, so the plan was for them to be worn for a night game. I do wish we could’ve seen them under the lights, but they still look absolutely gorgeous even in the overcast Eugene skies today. I truly believe these are the best one-off uniforms (excluding throwbacks) that they’ve ever worn. Certainly not the best uniform in general, but I think they’re the most thoughtfully and meticulously designed one-offs they’ve ever had. The details are absolutely spectacular, and the design as a whole is just special IMO. Here are some good pics from the game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
I’ve said before that I really like their current regular set, but I definitely do hope to see some more flashiness like these Ohana uniforms with their next set. Just find a good balance between the simplicity of their current regular set and the flashiness of these Ohana uniforms.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Northwestern with throwback white face masks looks pretty awesome. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NUFBFamily/status/1330250023360196610

I knew something felt different with today’s look but I couldn’t figure it out. They looked fantastic out there and the whole game I kept thinking that it seems like we never see them in that combo anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Obviously in the minority with this, but IMO Oregon looks like crap. They are just so far off with their unis. Brutally ugly.

Miss State vs. Georgia looks good. Darn good.

I think they've gotten the shade of green right, it's a nice shade that pops really good. But I agree that they're current uniforms are pretty rough. I think they have so much wasted potential with their current set. 

• Like 2

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php