Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Congratulations, Rams! You’re like the new Coke! 
frustrated the office GIF

the bone looks like they’re dirty white clothing been never washed in two weeks. The yellow and white didn’t help. The colours are correct, however they missed their target. Why? Their “name plates”! They don’t feel belong to a football jersey! The gradient numbers  actually look nice, but why only home uniform had gradient numbers and the road had solid colour numbers?? Although the helmet is beautiful, but that horn is bothering me. Yes,that’s don’t look like a ram horn! 

Sorry, but The Chargers won. 
Final Score: 1.5/10

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Yellow. Your Jaguars use gold (not enough). The Rams emphatically do not. 

I thought they are calling it 'Sol'? They've got me saying Bone but Sol hasn't really caught on. I honestly can't keep up with the gold/yellow debate very well, so maybe Sol is the way to go. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

so much for all that "the horn has never matched the logo before why would it match the logo now?" some of you brainiacs were going on about. At least the facemasks aren't white anymore. 

My review: these are butt. I don't have the energy or the desire to further dissect this pile of bad ideas. All I'll say is that rubbery numbers that make your ball-carriers easier to tackle and your defenders easier to sneakily hold is such an obviously terrible decision I'm surprised it took this long for nike to foist it upon someone. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

My review: these are butt. I don't have the energy or the desire to further dissect this pile of bad ideas. All I'll say is that rubbery numbers that make your ball-carriers easier to tackle and your defenders easier to sneakily hold is such an obviously terrible decision I'm surprised it took this long for nike to foist it upon someone. 

They didn't care about silly things like that, not when there's trends to chase and 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 to be posted! 😜

For me the uniforms are a solid 7/10. It's a uniform that could've been so much better if some elements weren't overcomplicated and thrown in.

Pros:

• New modernized helmet decal + finish is amazing. I love it.
  • Home colors pop. IKEA jokes are understandable but finally a good change from the drab navy and beige that they once wore.
  • Gradients are nice and subtle, not as horrid as rumored a few weeks back.

Cons:

• Bone jersey could've been executed better. For an iconic brand like the Rams it's a very drastic change, I really wanted to see them revert to an away uni that was similar to their LA/GSOT days with the yellow sleeves. The inconsistent striping from the home and away uniforms is a puzzling choice. 
  • Font could've been less rounded, I agree with the soccer team comparisons now, the numbers are very MLS-esque.
  • If the Rams were to do a left-chest wordmark, I would prefer that they would've either printed or embroidered it on the jersey rather than stitching on a patch. It looks like a nametag. I also see what they were trying to do with the "deconstructed, Virgil Abloh/Off-White stitching" on the patch, but it just seems odd for a football jersey. It's an iconic sports team that has had over 50 years of history in LA, not a fashion and lifestyle brand.

Overall I think that the Rams tried too hard to cement themselves into the LA culture with this redesign. The sunset-esque gradients, the "LOS ANGELES RAMS" smacked on top of the Bone unis, and the LA patch on the back of the uniforms are a perfect example of them trying to say, "hey, look, we're in LA!" 

You don't have to be trendy and fashionable to win over LA. You win over the fanbase through your long-lasting heritage, iconic brand, and winning (as shown through the fanbases of the Lakers and Dodgers), all which the Rams have but failed on utilizing to their advantage. They're not awful uniforms, but it hurts to know that this could have been done so much better.

8 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

As a teenager, this statement is 100% wrong. I have far too many friends and classmates that use it unironically

Talking about this website.

Making fun of random Twitter or Reddit or whatever trends is low effort.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is as embarrassing as the Browns in 2015.  No reason to screw around with one of American football's most iconic looks.  Especially not when the big advantage the Rams have over the team they'll be sharing their stadium with is their deep roots in LA.  They should be embracing this, not trying so hard to be hip that they've trotted out the NFL's answer to the leisure suit.

Worse, the Chargers new uniforms are almost universally loved.  Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Rams.

Archived