NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

8 hours ago, andregunts said:

Its all good, as I said. I like seeing different things. I have been info NBA jerseys since I was 10 years old when the Pistons, Hawks, Raptors, Rockets, Grizzlies and I forgot who else had these RADICAL changes in 95-96, that's where my love of sport jerseys and identity come from. 

The year before were all the same basic colors and basic fonts, then BOOM a giant Hawk on the Atlanta jerseys and a giant Raptor? Man Im getting nostalgic

You people are more traditionalist, Im more for change and creativeness. That's all

The 90s Raptors and Grizzlies are pretty popular around here; the 90s Hawks probably aren't but the 'Nique era sure is. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Knock it off with the dupe account stuff. It was clearly an oversight on andregunts' part and nothing malicious. I've merged the two accounts into one.

Glenn thank you, me and you already went over what happened. 

23 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

No, I'm saying alternate accounts aren't allowed, period. Nothing to do with banning.

I'm hardly obsessed. I'm just telling you the site's rules.

MOD EDIT: Stop antagonizing. I mean everyone. Last warning.

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I thought it was dupe accounts, period. We don't want sock accounts proliferating the boards, now do we?

Did I miss the meeting where we put you in charge of these matters? 

31 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

No, I'm saying alternate accounts aren't allowed, period. Nothing to do with banning.

I'm hardly obsessed. I'm just telling you the site's rules.

Here's an idea, how about you let the mod team take a shot at moderating. If you see a rule violation, simply report it and leave the rest to us. Deal? 

BB52Big.jpg

blazers unis debuted tonight and i must say they're pleasant to the eyes. i don't get why some people dislike them so much. yes i know "brown weird jerseys bad" but idk something about the brown just brings it all together. it's not like it's an ugly shade of brown. it's a nice wood brown. and the side stripes add some nice color that work pretty well (flashy red court kinda takes the spotlight tho)

IMG-7122.gif

18 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

blazers unis debuted tonight and i must say they're pleasant to the eyes. i don't get why some people dislike them so much. yes i know "brown weird jerseys bad" but idk something about the brown just brings it all together. it's not like it's an ugly shade of brown. it's a nice wood brown. and the side stripes add some nice color that work pretty well (flashy red court kinda takes the spotlight tho)

Well, this is one of those things, isn’t it — the brown looks good, the design is solid, use of the neon Oregon wordmark is spot on.

But the Blazers have, in my opinion, maybe the strongest non-classic brand in the league. Without fail they look perfectly of the moment via subtle updates, despite never wavering from that modernist logo, the sash, and the three colors. So you deviate from that and it just looks like not the Blazers, even if it does look pretty good on its own merits.

19 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I'm not a huge fan of this design but I wouldn't be totally against the Blazers permanently swapping black for brown. It'd stand out much more in the league and the Big 4 anyway. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

16 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm sorry about all of that, Andre, mods, etc.

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It's not your job to enforce the rules here. If you see a violation, report it and move on. Period. 

There’s only so many times you can find yourself in the position of apologizing to mods before you gotta maybe rethink the ol’ modus operandi. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 minutes ago, Digby said:

So you deviate from that and it just looks like not the Blazers, even if it does look pretty good on its own merits.

You’re spot on. I feel this way about many alternate uniforms, actually. They’re not Blazers, per se, but they’re great in a vacuum.

29 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

They look fantastic in action, even better than I anticipated. I love that they decided to go with red accessories, too, as it makes the whole thing pop a little more. They’re the most “out there” design the Blazers have ever worn, but it’s a nice change of pace IMO. Their plaid City uniforms from 2017/18 and last year’s cream fauxbacks were both better than these, but I appreciate them going in a completely different direction this year. And @Digby, I get your point about how they don’t necessarily look like the Blazers, but I also think they showed a good amount of restraint in keeping the orange, gold, and blue as small accents and keeping the red as the main accent color to the brown (plus the off-white text, too). That along with the asymmetric design connects it enough to their aesthetic history to me, while still representing a unique and different direction for them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

48 minutes ago, Digby said:

Well, this is one of those things, isn’t it — the brown looks good, the design is solid, use of the neon Oregon wordmark is spot on.

But the Blazers have, in my opinion, maybe the strongest non-classic brand in the league. Without fail they look perfectly of the moment via subtle updates, despite never wavering from that modernist logo, the sash, and the three colors. So you deviate from that and it just looks like not the Blazers, even if it does look pretty good on its own merits.

Yeah, this one’s been a tough one for me since it was released. So many good things going on in a vacuum, and yeah, it hits the Oregon feel really well. At the end of the day, however, there’s hardly anything “Blazers” about it (save, I suppose, the logo on the shorts) and deviates from the Blazers otherwise solid brand equity (which you described perfectly, BTW. Excellent assessment). 

This is where I think it’s crucial for teams to find some best-of-both-worlds intersections between good ideas/concepts like these and thier existing brands. Perhaps a solution for Portland could have been making the multicolor stripe a jersey sash which then ran down the shorts, just like the other uniforms? That way the consistent link between each uniform was a sash of some kind, which is one of the most visible and instantly recognizable brand elements Portland has. Things like that could allow for some deviation and different conceptual ideas to flourish while maintaining some needed consistency.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Red accessories is something that I wouldn't expected. I was pretty sure they gonna choose black. Should stay with red it makes whole uniform better.

I was very surprised, and pleasantly so, to see them go with the red accessories. First time they’ve worn red shooting sleeves and tights with any uniform since the 2014 playoffs. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And @Digby, I get your point about how they don’t necessarily look like the Blazers, but I also think they showed a good amount of restraint in keeping the orange, gold, and blue as small accents and keeping the red as the main accent color to the brown (plus the off-white text, too). That along with the asymmetric design connects it enough to their aesthetic history to me, while still representing a unique and different direction for them.

I will grant them that there is a lot of restraint, at least by City program standards -- the most restraint of all is that they didn't wear them til tonight, six weeks into the season. I'm already at the point where I saw the Celtics wear their classic whites and it felt jarring, like "wait isn't that supposed to be Futura Condensed"? 

16 hours ago, Digby said:

It doesn't look like the Blazers nor does it look any good, imo. Not feeling the Mistral-like font or the jagged side-panel, and the "brown" looks like faded black after washing, at best.

Archived