NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The NBA logo on the back neck looks like a rubbery 3D material...has that been the case or is that new this year? 

1 hour ago, Igor Coelho said:

Authentics already had this material.

Is it rubber or the same thing as the NFL/MLB/NHL? (Chromaflex?)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one actually like the Blazers uni, and I am very excited about the Suns uniform - who would have thought!?

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

4 hours ago, bowld said:

That Suns jersey is amazing. Change the name from Valley to Suns and its a keeper

It's a nice jersey but won' be a keeper because the NBA will switch it out again next year for it's annual money grab, so give the your money while they are available. Too bad  because this would be a great SUNS identity for the next 50 years or so.

I feel like the pelicans one is definitely a case where the shorts make up for the jersey. But even then the execution of the jersey could have still been a lot better. My saying is New Orleans is either classy or flashy. These jerseys are neither. It's just plain. But I'm sure whatever shorts they have could make the uniform more flashy I suppose

IMG-7122.gif

46 minutes ago, joekono said:

It's a nice jersey but won' be a keeper because the NBA will switch it out again next year for it's annual money grab, so give the your money while they are available. Too bad  because this would be a great SUNS identity for the next 50 years or so.

Not necessarily. Some teams managed to keep the same Statement and City jerseys for the last 3-4 years

I think the Portland and Phoenix ones have a lot of great elements. In fact, I think I love everything about either set...except for the wordmarks.

I really wish the Blazers had used the “Portland” script from the sign (I would think it’d be equally recognizable), and I hate the use of “The Valley” for Phoenix (because I hate the use of city nicknames on pro uniforms in general), but at this point it’s just unfortunately expected that teams are going to get cute with whatever identifier they put on the front of the front of these alternate jerseys these days. 

I’ll just choose to ignore the word marks I guess and appreciate all the other elements in either set whenever I watch them. I totally get and love the outdoorsy vibe going on with the Blazers set, and that sunset pixel-ish gradient for Phoenix is very, very cool.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

City editions are the best thing uniform-wise the NBA has ever done. They are all over the place. Some are fantastic, crazy, ugly, boring and I'm here for all of it. 

Mostly I just miss home/road designations.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

City editions are the best thing uniform-wise the NBA has ever done. They are all over the place. Some are fantastic, crazy, ugly, boring and I'm here for all of it. 

spacer.png

I get that there’s been a few great ones (some on-brand, some great in a vacuum), but with as many misses as that program has had? Anything that leads to the Orlando Magic trotting out in charcoal and orange (among other examples) can’t be the greatest uniform thing the NBA has ever done. I’d argue that nothing’s diluted NBA teams’ brands more than the City Edition, even if some sets have been cool in a vacuum (like Portland’s newest). I mean, I’d willingly give up the Jazz redrock uniform ever existing if it meant the Jazz could actually have a consistent brand again. I’m sure I’d get roasted for that in my neck of the woods, but that’s just me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

spacer.png

I get that there’s been a few great ones (some on-brand, some great in a vacuum), but with as many misses as that program has had? Anything that leads to the Orlando Magic trotting out in charcoal and orange (among other examples) can’t be the greatest uniform thing the NBA has ever done. I’d argue that nothing’s diluted NBA teams’ brands more than the City Edition, even if some sets have been cool in a vacuum (like Portland’s newest). I mean, I’d willingly give up the Jazz redrock uniform ever existing if it meant the Jazz could actually have a consistent brand again. I’m sure I’d get roasted for that in my neck of the woods, but that’s just me.

Fair point. I think my only gripe is that they wear alternates too much in the NBA. Maybe NFL-style rules that limit the number of uses could have helped. I mean if they only wore the city jerseys for 3 or 4 games, it can't hurt the brand as much as wearing them for more than half of them. 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, Igor Coelho said:

Why did you guess that?

I'm was thinking on something related to the LA Dodgers (blue, grey logo):

spacer.png

On 10/20/2020 at 8:41 AM, WSU151 said:

All of the Lakers' City unis have been a nod to legends (so far they've honored Kobe, Magic, and Shaq). It seems likely that they'll honor one of the greats from the championship teams ~70 years ago. 

I don't think they'd honor the Dodgers, for the same reason they'll never honor the Rams, Chargers, or Kings with a jersey. Plus the Dodges have distanced themselves from the logo you posted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Are the Lakers trying to one-up the Brooklyn Nets' Dodgers tribute??  Mock-up below (using eibram's template):

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Are the Lakers trying to one-up the Brooklyn Nets' Dodgers tribute??  Mock-up below (using eibram's template):

spacer.png

I really like the Dodgers unis (top-5 in baseball) but I'd hate to see the Lakers (top-5 NBA, arguably) wear anything that looks like the Dodgers. Just too weird to see the Lakers in blue and red (and gray). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

You’re absolutely right but I’ve always really enjoyed having the Nike program. It’s been TERRIBLE for team’s brands, consistency, and the classic NBA aesthetic but I enjoy these uniform dumps way more than all of those things (except for when it comes to my teams). I’ve always found it funny how hostile so many posters are to all of these new uniforms because they literally provide us something to talk about. If everyone had their perfect classic looks and never changed it would be better for the aesthetic of the league but way worse for us design nerds.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Is that Blazers uniform the first brown uniform in NBA history? Nothing else comes to mind

The more I see that Suns jersey the more I like it. Seems that those industrial style geometric scripts are the trend du jour. I kind of expected a The Valley jersey ever since Kelly Oubre launched that Valley Boyz streetwear collection

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived