NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

Sixers, its nice. I dont love it for *them* (i love their current set) but its definitely on the better side of the city uniforms. Boathouse row design is cool and the textured reflections on the water is SO sweet. I think one of either the number or PHILADELPHIA can be gone from the front, it looks a little cluttered. But one of the better city jerseys out there.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, a "TTP" for "Trust The Process" is buried in that design...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

So, a "TTP" for "Trust The Process" is buried in that design...

Right above the "D" in Philadelphia. 

Personally, I hate them. The skyline idea has run it's course, the lettering doesn't match their current sets nor does it match any from their history (least, I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong), and the colour choices made make this a bad design. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

For those that are upset that the new black isn't a repurposing of the Iverson set, you can always buy a throwback. What came out with the Boathouse Row motif provides another option. Bringing back a black heavy court to match the set is cool, too.

For the Sixers' next "copying other teams innovations but making them Philadelphia-centric" can we repurpose the warmups below to a on-court jersey, a la the Spurs?

1934a_Auc47_lg.jpeg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

It’s not technically a skyline, more a depiction of the boathouses At night. 

I think it’s out of the box, as this is really an iconic part of philly that’s never been used in any sports design. I do think there’s a lot lacking in the execution. 

Boathouse-Row-sunset-R-Kennedy-2200VP-14

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here’s the Magic. As the star in the original script was supposed to replace the A, is the script here read as ORL-star or ORLA? I guess they’re a slight improvement over last year’s version since these actually have some connection to the Magic, but if the Magic really want to wear orange they could just incorporate it in their regular design

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Looking at the colors, I think I wouldn’t mind a black version of the current primaries. 

I know, BFBS, but I think it’d be a good compromise for the people that want the black Iversons as an alt, but without adding gold and silver and all the other stuff that comes along with them. 

the new court for the boathouse jerseys looks great, and is kind of a throwback to the CoreStatesCenter logo from AI rookie year. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Here’s the Magic. As the star in the original script was supposed to replace the A, is the script here read as ORL-star or ORLA? I guess they’re a slight improvement over last year’s version since these actually have some connection to the Magic, but if the Magic really want to wear orange they could just incorporate it in their regular design

These are nice...and way better than last year's...

BUT

Why not just go with "Orl*ndo"? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Wow the orange REALLY works with this font/look for me. 

As a Sixers fan, I'm pretty disappointed in this rollout.  Apparently there's a quote circulating that Chris Heck said he "vowed to never bring back" the AI era jerseys and said they made them look too much like the PIttsburgh Pirates?  That's an awful take.  The simple answer was honor the AI 2001 team with this uni.  You could have easily incorporated the old wordmark onto a trim jersey with blue/red trim and made it work.  You even could have kept the gold liberty bell crack to incorporate the gold of the ball in the wordmark.  Swing and a miss for the hometeam, IMO. 

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

These are nice...and way better than last year's...

BUT

Why not just go with "Orl*ndo"? 

Because that would involve them fully committing to something, which they almost never do with their identity. And as far as uniforms go, Orlando’s offerings in the last 4 years have been pretty bad. They make the gray sleeved set look genius by comparison.

"Orla." Okay!

I'm sorry, but that Philadelphia uniform is really dumb. One dumb thing about the City program is it encourages teams to look under any rock for anything that can be representative of the city. Like, I'm sure houseboats are really fun for Philadelphia residents, but there's a reason they've never been included in sports iconography by now. Seattle has houseboats too, and they're full of tech millionaires or old-timers who bought in a million years ago and now complain about their property taxes (but not their property values); I'd hate to see them on a future Sonics jersey.

Denver had the best skyline jersey, and Dallas did an okay job of aping it. Philadelphia doing the residential version of it feels kind of dumb. Especially when they're going for the streets at night feel. I'm making a ton of assumptions about those Philly houseboats, but I'm imagining there's not a lot of overlap among those residents and the core Sixers fanbase.

And TTP? Jesus, grow up. Hinkie sucked and now he's gone forever. You have the ultimate version of the Hinkie mind in Daryl Morey now. Move on.

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The idea of a Basquiat-themed Nets jersey is silly on its face, but I gotta say, I really like it.

Credit where it's due, I like them as well. 90s aesthetic is in right now, and they hit that mark.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived