2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

14-6 (or 9) is entirely different than 21-6 (or 9).

I think we're splitting hairs over whether or not a two possession game at the half makes it significantly harder for the Chiefs to overcome, which I still say it wouldn't. Consider Tampa was able to overcome a 7-point deficit against the Saints and shut out Drew Brees in the second half of the divisional round, winning that game by 10. It was also one drive that the Chiefs were getting penalized heavily on, when they were known to be a heavily penalized team. It wasn't like they were in the bottom five all season long and then suddenly jumped up that high. So even if you took away the Brown TD, Tampa is up 17-6. After Fournette's run it'd be 24-9 in the new timeline, with Mahomes getting picked the next drive. I'm sorry man, I'm just not seeing how that one drive of penalties was a significant handicap for the defending champs. It certainly didn't help them but there's was more to them losing than just that. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I'm not assuming 17-6. There's a chance it's 14-6, that Brady pick stands, and Mahomes goes back the other way.

That holding call and the two DPIs would have been tough in a close game, but backbreaking in a blowout.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

38 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

So we’re putting an asterisk next to the win and saying “Meh, it wasn’t important nor was it necessary.”?

No. We're saying that Brady beat three presumptive HOF QBs in the post season. We don't care that he also beat 'some other guy'. Yes, we're trash talking Taylor Heinicke.

Sorry that it's your team getting ignored. Heck, I wish MY team weren't on the list.

It's where I sit.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that Kansas City probably shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl in the first place...

7040b456-e478-4c79-a58f-482c00cab4ba-USA

...and a reminder that that cost Cleveland six points; they ultimately lost by five. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that Kansas City probably shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl in the first place...

...and a reminder that that cost Cleveland six points; they ultimately lost by five. 

'Cause at the end of the game, down 1, KC is taking knees at the Cleveland end of the field with two mins to go.. 🥴🥴

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No. We're saying that Brady beat three presumptive HOF QBs in the post season. We don't care that he also beat 'some other guy'. Yes, we're trash talking Taylor Heinicke.

Sorry that it's your team getting ignored. Heck, I wish MY team weren't on the list.

With Brees retiring, the current most-impressive route to a Super Bowl in the NFC for Brady would be though Rodgers, Wilson, and Nick Foles.  But as evidenced by the Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles decisive victory of the Patriots in Super Bowl LII to become Super Bowl Champions, we already know he can't beat Nick Foles in a playoff game, so it's moot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My hot take is the Chiefs should've been penalized on those calls. And that's coming from someone who leans heavily into the idea that the league has preferred teams year-to-year and changes how they call things if certain teams find themselves in a large deficit.

The Chiefs didn't have an offensive line and they didn't play well enough to overcome it. Like the punt that the long-haired dude shanked or the multiple drops by the receivers. That's the explanation. It's not a conspiracy. 

Brady is indisputably the best QB ever and that was locked with that Falcons comeback. That he's gone to 3 more Super Bowls since then and won one with the dang ass Tampa Bay Buccaneers is enough for me. This is like if Joe Montana had won with the Chiefs in 93/94 and he was 37/38 at the time and felt ancient. Brady is six years older and actually won it all. It's undeniable at this point and arguing otherwise is silly. Anybody trying to say anything else is being a sour grapes poopy pants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

'Cause at the end of the game, down 1, KC is taking knees at the Cleveland end of the field with two mins to go.. 🥴🥴

Who's to say the Browns would only be up by 1, especially if Mahomes still goes down in the third. Also, the Chiefs would be down by 4 since they got a FG at the end of the half. 

9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I wanted to see that land in the water, just to see the world (or just Tampa) burn. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

Cleveland would have had a momentum boost.

A lot of what if's, but they would have had a good chance to win, if that Browns player was an inch closer to that pylon.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Cleveland would have had a momentum boost.

A lot of what if's, but they would have had a good chance to win, if that Browns player was an inch closer to that pylon.

Or not speared illegally. Nope, not bitter at all. At least if Mayfield looked like Mahomes on Sunday, it'd be the Browns in the Super Bowl, and Cowherd would be back to his cranky old self. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Brady is indisputably the best QB ever and that was locked with that Falcons comeback.

News flash: That was rigged. The NFL wanted Brady to have a big comeback in the Super Bowl, and they got it.

It's sad that fans don't question anything. They just praise the QB who has multiple rings (football is a team sport, isn't it? Could have fooled me with all of the Brady love over the years).

9 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

News flash: That was rigged. The NFL wanted Brady to have a big comeback in the Super Bowl, and they got it.

It's sad that fans don't question anything. They just praise the QB who has multiple rings (football is a team sport, isn't it? Could have fooled me with all of the Brady love over the years).

Would the NFL not moreso want their rising young superstar QB to win back-to-back Super Bowls than have an established long-time star win another? Seems like it would've been more prudent, if anything, for the league to rig it for Mahomes instead of for Brady.

After all, Mahomes winning back-to-back rings would be a great way to push him as the new face of the NFL. The fact Brady won, if anything, shows it wasn't rigged; the Chiefs just completely and utterly imploded when it mattered the most.

In between Tom Brady's first Super Bowl win and his most recent, Calvin Johnson was drafted, had his whole career, retired, and was elected to the HOF.  All in between Brady championships.  Unbelievable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, DnBronc said:

I've made it personal policy to not engage with obvious trolls. Have a nice life. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

RwUtvDq.gif

18 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

Putting on the mod hat here: Seriously, dude, knock it off with the NFL-rigging-stuff-for-Brady narrative. It's getting old and bordering on trolling. Unless you have some hard evidence that you would be 100% confident in putting before a court of law without getting laughed out of the room by a judge (i.e. not just your own hunches or some random blogspot post), then don't post it. 

I personally don't doubt that certain NFL players (not just Brady, but other star QBs) get slightly better calls from the refs (I've seen too many phantom roughing the passer calls on Brady and Rodgers to think otherwise) but it would be so incredibly difficult to rig even one NFL game that I can't seriously consider the possibility that any game was rigged for Brady, much less the Super Bowl.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived