NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Oh sure, so when somebody says the Kraken jersey striping looks similar to the Golden Knights, that's totally fine and people see the similarities.

But when I say the Kraken jersey striping looks like the Ducks, when the striping is way more closer than the Golden Knights jerseys, that's not fine and people don't see the similarities...

They arent the same though.  

The Ducks go black, thin orange, black, white, gold, black.    

The Kraken go navy, thin red, navy, blue, seafoam.   

Anaheim goes back to black at the top, and has different patterns.   The only similarity is the thin orange/red stripe. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Anaheim goes back to black at the top, and has different patterns.   The only similarity is the thin orange/red stripe. 

Obviously it's not the colours! It's the striping pattern that has been with the Ducks in some form or another since the switch from Mighty. The only real difference in the pattern is that the Kraken blue and the seafoam stripes are larger than their counterparts of Ducks gold and white stripe, it is the same everywhere else.

ccm-s100-anaheim-ducks-hockey-socks-4_24

?m=02&d=20190218&t=2&i=1357716494&w=640&

cut.jpg

seattle-kraken-jersey.png?resize=1100,69

A couple clicks with the paint bucket tool and and a little sizing up of a few lines can easily turn the Ducks orange jerseys into the Kraken jersey. The Kraken socks are going to be the exact same socks, just in different colours and minus the aforementioned two stripe size difference, as the Ducks 2006-14 socks.

I really can't understand how people aren't seeing that there is similarities between the Kraken jerseys and the Ducks post-Mighty brand.

IbjBaeE.png

41 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Obviously it's not the colours! It's the striping pattern that has been with the Ducks in some form or another since the switch from Mighty. The only real difference in the pattern is that the Kraken blue and the seafoam stripes are larger than their counterparts of Ducks gold and white stripe, it is the same everywhere else.

ccm-s100-anaheim-ducks-hockey-socks-4_24

?m=02&d=20190218&t=2&i=1357716494&w=640&

cut.jpg

seattle-kraken-jersey.png?resize=1100,69

A couple clicks with the paint bucket tool and and a little sizing up of a few lines can easily turn the Ducks orange jerseys into the Kraken jersey. The Kraken socks are going to be the exact same socks, just in different colours and minus the aforementioned two stripe size difference, as the Ducks 2006-14 socks.

I really can't understand how people aren't seeing that there is similarities between the Kraken jerseys and the Ducks post-Mighty brand.

The ducks uniforms are exactly like the kraken except for the ways they aren’t….

19 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The only real difference in the pattern is that the Kraken blue and the seafoam stripes are larger than their counterparts of Ducks gold and white stripe, it is the same everywhere else.

19 hours ago, monkeypower said:

A couple clicks with the paint bucket tool and and a little sizing up of a few lines can easily turn the Ducks orange jerseys into the Kraken jersey.

“if you change all the details to make them similar, they’re exactly alike!”

I legitimately can not understand how someone can't look at the Ducks old socks, their retired number banners and the sleeve pattern on the orange jerseys and then look at the Kraken sleeve pattern and not see any similarities between the striping patterns.

Jersey body colour, either dark or white (the striping remains the same regardless of the jersey colour)

Big stripe of first secondary colour

Smaller stripe of a second secondary colour

Stripe of dark body colour

Thin stripe of a third secondary colour (that is a brighter/more striking colour than the primary colour and the previous secondaries)

Return to dark body colour to finish out the sleeves

The Kraken socks are going to be recoloured versions of the old Ducks socks.

IbjBaeE.png

Oh my god, has anyone noticed how similar the Panthers' jerseys are to the Canadiens???? A couple clicks of a paint bucket tool and they'd be the exact same jersey!!!!!!

Fox Sports Florida To Replay Florida Panthers Wins In Primetime2021 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #3 Alexander Romanov - Eyes On The  Prize

I legitimately can not understand how someone can't look at the Canadiens jerseys and then look at the Panthers' striping pattern and not see any similarities between the striping patterns.

Very, very obvious /s

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

Oh my god, has anyone noticed how similar the Panthers' jerseys are to the Canadiens???? A couple clicks of a paint bucket tool and they'd be the exact same jersey!!!!!!

Fox Sports Florida To Replay Florida Panthers Wins In Primetime2021 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #3 Alexander Romanov - Eyes On The  Prize

I legitimately can not understand how someone can't look at the Canadiens jerseys and then look at the Panthers' striping pattern and not see any similarities between the striping patterns.

Very, very obvious /s

Your sarcasm is confusing... So you agree that the Kraken and Ducks have similar striping patterns?

These are close. It's not the whole "They're only different in the ways their different" that's a load of crap. The general pattern behind the two is honestly pretty similar. They have two large blocks of color on top of each other, with one bigger than the other, both of which are not the jersey base color. Then there's a thin stripe of the tertiary color, that is floating underneath the two blocks. That's pretty dang similar. It's as similar as the Canucks and Blue Jackets nearly having the same sock pattern for a while. Or the Blackhawks and the Oilers having similar striping patterns on the road sweaters. It's not an exact match, but it's really close... And honestly it is a little dumb that not only people can miss it, but are arguing so much about it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I think the Kraken logo really loses a lot of its effectiveness when it's on white. The white jersey doesn't look great to me, but I'll wait to see more of it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

I think the Kraken logo really loses a lot of its effectiveness when it's on white. The white jersey doesn't look great to me, but I'll wait to see more of it.

I disagree, the boarders are wide enough that it still works. And still show off all the subtle details in the logo. 

20 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Very, very obvious /s

It's a bit strange to see so many sarcastic responses to the suggestion that the Ducks & Kraken have similar striping matchups. I feel like this board was full of people saying "they look exactly like the Rangers" when the Stars rebranded, or "Yzerman is making them dress like the Red Wings" when the Lightning updated their uniforms.

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It's a bit strange to see so many sarcastic responses to the suggestion that the Ducks & Kraken have similar striping matchups. I feel like this board was full of people saying "they look exactly like the Rangers" when the Stars rebranded, or "Yzerman is making them dress like the Red Wings" when the Lightning updated their uniforms.

I don't remember thinking Rangers, but I do remember thinking the Stars jerseys were an added black stripe on the white field from looking like those Blackhawks jerseys that turn up around St. Paddy's Day (or at North Dakota hockey games). 

71yytVeOVtL._AC_UL1000_.jpgscreen-shot-2020-04-14-at-2.37.06-pm.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The very first thing I noticed when I saw the Kraken's jerseys last year was how it was the exact same striping as the Ducks socks from 2006 til 2014, just with different colors.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, CreamSoda said:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived