NFL 2020

FormerLurker

On 5/6/2020 at 10:15 PM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

As in, Nike isn’t making anything but on field gear and Fanatics is doing everything else.

Where NFL game worn uniforms are made? NBA moved production to China since adidas Rev30 came out, MLB (IIRC) are "Made in USA", NHL are "Made in Canada". With NFL I only know Packers unis are made by Ripon in Berlin, WI.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue for the Raiders wearing a silver jersey is that they would need to have a shiny fabric for it to even work right, which we now know that Nike is almost incapable of doing and it might veer into Mavs Trash Bag territory. The jersey and pants would have to have a metallic sheen to it for it to even work.

When I was in middle school, I use to own a silver Charles Woodson jersey and it was pretty cool.

41Yd7cJfJ9L.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

I'd have to see it with black pants, but I think it'd be too unbalanced with the silver helmet.  I didn't mind when the Patriots did it, because they had two (three, if you count white) colors everywhere else, so it didn't feel as imbalanced to me.

EDIT: in hindsight, I guess it's not much different than when the Bills wear their blue pants on the road, so maybe it'd be fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It really sucks that dazzle fabric is becoming a lost art. As much as people crap on Nike, it's not like Adidas or Under Armour are doing it either.

Theoretically, couldn't the Raiders just outsource the silver alternates to Ripon? The Packers still use them. Sure, they wouldn't be on the same template as the home and road, but it's better than nothing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

56 minutes ago, heavybass said:

The Cowboys have Silver Green on their pants last I check... it's also stupid.

I’m a big proponent of the idea of the Cowboys going with a silver green helmet to match the pants. This would require changing the blue jersey to accommodate, but I think it’d be worth it. Even better if they went straight up royal blue, silver green, and white with no navy at all across the board.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It really sucks that dazzle fabric is becoming a lost art. As much as people crap on Nike, it's not like Adidas or Under Armour are doing it either.

Theoretically, couldn't the Raiders just outsource the silver alternates to Ripon? The Packers still use them. Sure, they wouldn't be on the same template as the home and road, but it's better than nothing.

I think Nike could absolutely achieve  dazzle material, trivially if they wanted to. I assume Nike are running on the assumption that dazzle fabric doesn't work as well as streetwear and therefore won't sell, so they've eliminated it. 

For what it's worth, I don't think a silver Raiders jersey works in practice, shiny or matte grey. 

As a Dolphins fan, I think a shinier fabric might actually make the uniforms look better on field, but I'd also be less likely to buy a replica because wearing a big shiny aqua jersey around is probably a bit beyond the pale for a man in his early 30s.

3 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

I think Nike could absolutely achieve  dazzle material, trivially if they wanted to. I assume Nike are running on the assumption that dazzle fabric doesn't work as well as streetwear and therefore won't sell, so they've eliminated it. 

I'd agree with this theory if they were the only ones, but the Big Three all seem to be avoiding dazzle like the plague. That makes me think there really are problems with making the dazzle effect work with whatever modern performance fabrics they're all using now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m a big proponent of the idea of the Cowboys going with a silver green helmet to match the pants. This would require changing the blue jersey to accommodate, but I think it’d be worth it. Even better if they went straight up royal blue, silver green, and white with no navy at all across the board.

Dark royal and silver-green

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

But they only went to that weird silver-green because before HDTV, that shade came across on the average television as being closer to the actual sliver-blue of their 70's and 80's uniform.  Logically, now that TV technology has made it possible to reproduce the colors closer to what they are in person, they should just go back to that true blue-silver of their classic uniform.spacer.png

19 hours ago, heavybass said:

Silver Green

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

silver green

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

silver-green

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

silver-green

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Silver green

family guy cockroach GIF

How have we gone this many instances without someone saying “bUt iT’s SeAfOaM gReEn”

I mean, “seafoam” is probably the dumbest name you could give for a color used by a landlocked team. They could’ve named it something even more lame like “Ranch Green” or “Horse Vomit Green” or “YEEHAW! Green”

I personally love the silver-green. It makes the Cowboys special. I wouldn't change a thing about the pants or helmet. Even in their differing shades, the same way I would never change the Rams navy helmets with their royal jerseys.

fiowXOD.png

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

But they only went to that weird silver-green because before HDTV, that shade came across on the average television as being closer to the actual sliver-blue of their 70's and 80's uniform.  Logically, now that TV technology has made it possible to reproduce the colors closer to what they are in person, they should just go back to that true blue-silver of their classic uniform.spacer.png

I’m aware of why they went to it, and if they unified their silver blues again I’d be fine with that too; the above looks great as well. I just like the way silver green looks with blue in a vacuum and have always thought it’d be worth a shot to try it on the helmet too. That’s just my opinion.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 5/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, Chewbacca said:

Speaking of the Raiders, am I the only one who thinks their throwback jersey should be their full time away jersey? It is so unique to the Raiders and I love the silver numbers with black trim, they look amazing in my opinion.

Plus, the Raiders are currently one of seven teams — nearly a quarter of the league — that has black numerals on their primary white jerseys:

• Atlanta Falcons – Red should have remained, rather than only as an outline.
  • Carolina Panthers – Mainly Electric Blue might be better?
  • Cincinnati Bengals – Their uniforms desperately need modification in general, and the road jersey numbers could easily be flip-flopped to orange outlined in black, especially now that the Cleveland Browns have switched back to brown-on-white, as opposed to orange-on-white.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars – Teal trimmed in gold is far greater than solely black!
  • Las Vegas Raiders – Admittedly, both white jerseys are stellar, albeit an addition of black pants for mix & match could be cool!
  • New Orleans Saints – Color Rush > Primary, but both are technically fine overall.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers – No color change is needed upon numerals, nor NOB.

On that note, I sure-tainly hope the Baltimore Ravens never undergo any kind of overhaul under Nike, what with said company's apparent (and boring) black-on-white digit obsession! I would loathe seeing Baltimore's beautiful dark/deep purple digits trimmed in gold — plus black drop shadow — be eliminated, an apparel appearance choice that was clearly influentially inspired by the mid-90s regalia that both the Jax Jags & SF 49ers sported. Unfortunately — yet also simultaneously a blessing, so long as the uniform look stays — the Ravens' numbers are the lone ones of the aforementioned bunch that have survived!

11 minutes ago, Froob said:

Any word on dolphins changing their unis? Should go retro since they already seem to want to wear them all the time. Make a retro style orange jersey too.

It’s not the team that wants it... the fans do and they introduced the two throwbacks to satisfy that boner.

Archived