NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

That's nothing at all like the "reverse retro" concept.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

From the NHL Website-

Everything old is new with the adidas Reverse Retro alternate jerseys, a play on all 31 NHL teams' throwback jerseys with modern twists. This marks the first time every NHL team is included in an alternate jersey rollout, and the collection is a colorful mix of primary and secondary logos, old school and new school striping, and reimagined classics.

Each jersey was inspired by one worn by the team during a season with some historical significance; the entire design process took about two years. Teams will wear the jerseys multiple times this season, including designated rivalry games.

I’d argue that the 49ers concept from above falls into the “reimagined classics” category.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's kind of what the Flames and Rangers did though. Similar in spirit, lazyness and/or a middle finger to the league for forcing them to wear a RR, either way, there was nothing Reverse about their Retros. Leafs and Wings too, to a lesser extent

8 hours ago, colortv said:

While we're on the topic of the 49ers, am I the only one who preferred the "shiny" gold pants compared to what they have now?

mjdqm79xqkfy3zb5zkhw

That uniform is superior to what they wear now in every way except the extra logo on the sleeve.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/11/2021 at 9:09 AM, Ted Cunningham said:

As I'm thinking about it, does this look weird? Instead of adding gold to the throwback, add the drop shadow treatment to the classic/current uniforms. (I think it at least ties with the black in the logo, but it doesn't go full-on dark-mode like the late 90s 49ers did.)

spacer.png

Honestly, I think that’d be the best uniform in franchise history if it took the field. It’s a great both-of-best-worlds solution between the ‘94 throwbacks and the current/classics. I’m sold.

Edited by FinsUp1214
Trimmed part of reply for space
  • Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 1/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, QCS said:

On the contrary, what they should do get rid of silver and only go with blue socks. A blue helmet would be almost completely unique in the league, since every other blue helmet is either navy or royal blue. Silver pants would be fine, I guess, if they were actually metallic and not a dull gray. They looked much better back when metallic fabrics were used.

you nailed it. I don’t think the silver is necessary. The Black and Carolina Blue with white as a trim color if needed. Their division already is so heavy with Black with Atlanta and NO so I think light blue helmets would be unique. As long as it didn’t look smurflike but I don’t think it would. 

they need a new logo too. I don’t know what. Lower case c & p interlocking with a panthers eye or something. I dunno. 

if they want to keep it close to their historical look than do what the Chargers did. A modern take on a retro look.  Then dropping the navy blue makes the bolts so much cleaner. If panthers changed the striping and dropped the silver, if with the same logo, they could make a huge upgrade. 

ALSO, I was looking at the Seattle Kraken unis and Thiugh I hate the name, I dig how it’s several shades of blue and only that. Deep sea to ice blue with other shades in between. 

the Cards should do that with Red. Do something from a deep maroon, rust desert brownish red, cardinal to a pinkish southwest sunset light red. Not talking gradient jerseys. Keep Cardinal red as home jersey and maybe the sleeves or stripes have a cool fade from dark to light. or just incorporate that state flag like they used to but to a greater degree. 

the southwest is full of unique colors and though your the oldest franchise and you’re the cardinals, incorporate some of those big sky:Mesa:sand:sunset:sagebrush hues. 

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

That uniform is superior to what they wear now in every way except the extra logo on the sleeve.

I would argue the red is too dark. 

I get adding black- the throwbacks with black drop shadow were popular after they wore them in Super Bowl XXIX. Still, don't darken the red while adding black. One or the other. Doing both creates an unnecessarily dark and muddied look, in my opinion. 

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The Saints aren't forced to wear Nike's pet fabrics.

Yeah. I found that funny about the recent Bucs redesign that reverted to the general design from 1997-2003. They went back to the darker crimson and the shade of orange used in that set, but kept the "updated" pewter from the ill-advised 2014-2019 identity. The reason they gave was that the shiny pewter used from 1997-2013 wasn't doable with Nike's fabrics. 

Nike- the innovator in athletic wear and supposedly on the bleeding edge of their field- couldn't replicate a shade of pewter Wilson Athletics managed to put together in 1997. 

• Like 13