simtek34

NFL Changes 2021

Speaking of full-body logos, the Chicago Bears need to bring this back in their branding. Cool logo. The football needs to be smaller but otherwise it's great.spacer.png

On 2/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, phutmasterflex said:

This full body logo I love. I know it is way too detailed to work on a uniform but it would have been cool to see it used in some form. 

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

I've always liked the idea of logos like this -- perhaps too detailed for apparel, but still attractive -- being reserved for formal uses, like on letterhead. I'm sure such things are somewhat anachronistic, but so am I, so I like the idea of having letterhead-specific logos. :)

I assume someone was just using a font that is not going on the jersey. I doubt they change. 

6 hours ago, Rebuy said:

Speaking of full-body logos, the Chicago Bears need to bring this back in their branding. Cool logo. The football needs to be smaller but otherwise it's great.spacer.png

This would work well for apparel

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

This would work well for apparel

Agreed. In fact, the football has enough space to where 'Monsters of the Midway' could be placed on there and it'd look great on the backs of sideline jackets and t-shirts.

31 minutes ago, Rebuy said:

Agreed. In fact, the football has enough space to where 'Monsters of the Midway' could be placed on there and it'd look great on the backs of sideline jackets and t-shirts.

nike made a t shirt with that logo a few years back...not sure if they sell it now but the bears team store in the past has had a wide array of retro logo merch that was really nice...this was all pre-fanatics mind you.

16 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Huh? 
spacer.png
spacer.png

He is right that the 9's used in the Cardinals' Tweet are a different font than what is used on the Cardinals uniforms. 

But, the Cardinals social media team has been using the incorrect font for these types of posts for the last couple of years, so it's no evidence of new uniforms.

Interestingly enough, they did not give JJ a jersey to hold up at the press conference yesterday, so maybe that is evidence of new unis coming! But probably the real reason for that was him finding out earlier that day that he would get to use #99 which was previously retired by the Cardinals. 

45 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

He is right that the 9's used in the Cardinals' Tweet are a different font than what is used on the Cardinals uniforms. 

But, the Cardinals social media team has been using the incorrect font for these types of posts for the last couple of years, so it's no evidence of new uniforms.

Interestingly enough, they did not give JJ a jersey to hold up at the press conference yesterday, so maybe that is evidence of new unis coming! But probably the real reason for that was him finding out earlier that day that he would get to use #99 which was previously retired by the Cardinals. 

More or less the same deal with what the Ravens have been doing with lettering in social media for a few years now-

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

More or less the same deal with what the Ravens have been doing with lettering in social media for a few years now-

spacer.png

That is an INSTANT upgrade over the font they currently use, why not make the switch?

19 hours ago, guest23 said:

nike made a t shirt with that logo a few years back...not sure if they sell it now but the bears team store in the past has had a wide array of retro logo merch that was really nice...this was all pre-fanatics mind you.

Yup, I bought two of them.  Flippin' fantastic!

13 hours ago, Justpassingby said:

That is an INSTANT upgrade over the font they currently use, why not make the switch?

The numbers would be a pain to read.

42 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

It’s 2021, buy a freakin 4K tv dude

Crappy numbers look crappy regardless of clarity.

51 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

Numbers need to be instantly recognizable. If you have to look for a few seconds to figure them out, no matter the size of your TV, its a bad font.

1 hour ago, Justpassingby said:

Are any NFL games actually broadcast in 4K?

1 hour ago, Justpassingby said:

Remember this isn't just about the folks sitting at home on their couches. You've got announcers, coaches, spotters, officials not to mention fans in the stands that much prefer legible numbers.

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Are any NFL games actually broadcast in 4K?

isn't fox still in 720 lol?