NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

4 minutes ago, heavybass said:

With throwbacks coming, I have a feeling the helmet rule is changing.

And I think more throwbacks might be unveiled later. Still waiting on the Packers, for one, but others that require different helmets could come too, though that seems like it'd take super-advanced prep by Nike. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

But don't the currently leaked throwbacks seem consistent enough with those teams' current helmets? (Niners and Browns I believe)

Obviously the NFL saw what the NHL did and figured let's make more money

23 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

But don't the currently leaked throwbacks seem consistent enough with those teams' current helmets? (Niners and Browns I believe)

Technically the Browns should be like this if they are going back to their original 1946 set:

Ev_hxVIWQAAQ_q0?format=jpg&name=large

I would assume they are settling for a plain orange helmet instead. They didn't start wearing orange helmets until 1950 and not full time until 1952. There's a lot of irony in that a team that basically started out wearing multiple helmets is only allowed to wear 1 color now. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Technically the Browns should be like this if they are going back to their original 1946 set:

But I would assume they are settling for a plain orange helmet instead. 

Perfect. All white browns with white lids. But this is their 1946 set.

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I would assume they are settling for a plain orange helmet instead. They didn't start wearing orange helmets until 1950 and not full time until 1952. There's a lot of irony in that a team that basically started out wearing multiple helmets is only allowed to wear 1 color now. 

I hope the NFL doesn't allow multiple helmets. Otherwise, we're getting the NCAA uniform mess on Sundays. No thank you.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I hope the NFL doesn't allow multiple helmets. Otherwise, we're getting the NCAA uniform mess on Sundays. No thank you.

When Nike took over, everyone thought every NFL team would become Oregon. There's been some good and some bad design with modern touches. But I think it's safe to say no team has "become Oregon". Closest examples we have are probably Seattle and the LA Chargers when it comes to jersey and pant options. Luckily they are smart enough to not go crazy with options. 

College football has no higher power to regulate brands and limit uniforms. Schools can basically do whatever they want.

The NFL has a crap ton of rules in place to keep teams in line. If anything an alternate helmet will be treated like an alternate jersey. Only 3 uses allowed and probably required to be used with the alternate jersey. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

When Nike took over, everyone thought every NFL team would become Oregon. There's been some good and some bad design with modern touches. But I think it's safe to say no team has "become Oregon". Closest examples we have are probably Seattle and the LA Chargers when it comes to jersey and pant options. Luckily they are smart enough to not go crazy with options. 

College football has no higher power to regulate brands and limit uniforms. Schools can basically do whatever they want.

The NFL has a crap ton of rules in place to keep teams in line. If anything an alternate helmet will be treated like an alternate jersey. Only 3 uses allowed and probably required to be used with the alternate jersey. 

I’d say most teams have, they went from a home, away, and an alt/throwback that could only be worn 2 times through out the year. Now nearly every team has a home, away, alt, color rush and a throwback and can wear each up to 3 times if they wanted too. That’s not even including all the redesigns like the Jaguars, and browns who have done it 2x already, and all the pants and socks options teams experiment with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

I’d say most teams have, they went from a home, away, and an alt/throwback that could only be worn 2 times through out the year. Now nearly every team has a home, away, alt, color rush and a throwback and can wear each up to 3 times if they wanted too. That’s not even including all the redesigns like the Jaguars, and browns who have done it 2x already, and all the pants and socks options teams experiment with.

I think the alternate/throwbacks can only be worn a combination of 3 teams. Most teams don't mix in their color rush or throwback pants with the primary home/road uniforms. 

When I think of Oregon and college football it's 5 jerseys, 5 pants and 5 helmets that create a different combo every week. With new uniform designs ever other year. That will never happen in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, heavybass said:

With throwbacks coming, I have a feeling the helmet rule is changing.

If I were within the NFL, I’d only like the one-helmet rule to be tweaked, in that you’re only allowed a different helmet in order to complete a throwback look. As far as current day sets are concerned, teams should be locked to one helmet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

1. Define "everyone."

2. Not so sure I agree with your assumptions:

8 uni combos for 16 weeks:

2020_Tennessee.png

7 for 16

2020_LARams.png

11 for 16:

2020_Jacksonville.png

And while this is "only" essentially six different combos, it's also three completely different uniforms:

2020_LAChargers.png

I don't think Nike deserves any more uniform elements they can mess around with.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think the alternate/throwbacks can only be worn a combination of 3 teams. Most teams don't mix in their color rush or throwback pants with the primary home/road uniforms. 

When I think of Oregon and college football it's 5 jerseys, 5 pants and 5 helmets that create a different combo every week. With new uniform designs ever other year. That will never happen in the NFL. 

Well when you set the bar that high nothing will ever be a concern. It's like when people talking about ads on uniforms say "As long as it's not like soccer kits", which lends itself to brushing off ads being incrementally added one at a time. Same here with the examples others have already given of teams playing mix-and-match with their pants and socks, color rushes, throwbacks, etc. It isn't Oregon-level bad, but it's still a big increase in brand dilution.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, Pharos04 said:

Oh crap I may have guessed something right? Neat

Congratulations...you get 77 Creamer points 🎉

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'd love to see those Brownie pouches full-time

• Like 4

fiowXOD.png

I like the idea of having an alternate helmet but the NFL has to make sure that it is only one alternate helmet. Otherwise, as others have said, it could turn into college football. I'm not naive enough to think that these teams would have restraint if given the opportunity for multiple helmet options.

• Like 1