2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Years of people gloating "mwahahaha, finally the Raptors will steal Toronto from the Maple Leafs by marketing better to lesbians from Bangladesh" was always going to lead to the Leafs doing some abortive grope at street fashion. It's a terrible uniform, but not unpredictably so.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 minutes ago, Sport said:

This made me sad. 

The Lightning look more like the Leafs than the Leafs do. The Leafs look more like the Lightning than the Lightning do. This is madness. 

How embarrassing for the league.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go tell some kids to get off my lawn. I hate not being the target audience for this :censored:.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As much as I HATE the Leafs' jersey, it's not even close to the worst jersey John Tavares has worn.

new-york-islanders-john-tavaresjpg.jpg

FZ4IJ7OEOO3SRGYAEYPJSREWP4.jpg

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

As much as I HATE the Leafs' jersey, it's not even close to the worst jersey John Tavares has worn.

new-york-islanders-john-tavaresjpg.jpg

FZ4IJ7OEOO3SRGYAEYPJSREWP4.jpg

That NY jersey deserves better. It’s not great, mind you, but it’s in a whole other stratosphere compared to  that other monstrosity in your post. 

• Like 8

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Crabcake said:

That NY jersey deserves better. It’s not great, mind you, but it’s in a whole other stratosphere compared to  that other monstrosity in your post. 

Is it bad I can’t tell which one you are talking about? Both are awful. The all black one maybe being less awful but not by much

• Yawn 2

14 hours ago, dont care said:

Is it bad I can’t tell which one you are talking about? Both are awful. The all black one maybe being less awful but not by much

He’s likely talking about the one with the huge NY on the chest.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, that one.  The worst things about the NY jersey are that it's pretty frickin' boring and it hardly uses and blue or orange.  That's a pretty grave sin on an Islanders jersey, but there was at least an explainable reason for them doing the black and white jersey with the move to Brooklyn.  No one is mistaking it for a great jersey, but it's a 5 or 6/10.

Meanwhile, the one where Tavares is still an alternate captain is a sneaky contender for the S tier of worst NHL uniforms ever.  It's blatant BFBS, has more gray than blue or orange, is a piping mess, relegates the main logo to the shoulder yoke, and tops it all off with the arched-wordmark-over-number treatment.  It's piping hot garbage.  2/10 and it's lucky to get that many.

• Like 3

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Yeah, that one.  The worst things about the NY jersey are that it's pretty frickin' boring and it hardly uses and blue or orange.  That's a pretty grave sin on an Islanders jersey, but there was at least an explainable reason for them doing the black and white jersey with the move to Brooklyn.  No one is mistaking it for a great jersey, but it's a 5 or 6/10.

That jersey would immediately look better if they changed it to blue and orange instead of black and white. Would it be a great jersey? No, not really, especially compared to the dynasty-era throwbacks and the pre-Edge jerseys. It would be a hell of a lot more passable, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Flames should go back to using Atlanta logo for Alternate Captain.

It was cool but I always felt like it was too much. I think a proper alternate would be the way to go. Plus it’s just a different crest. Would be pretty easy. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)