2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

5 hours ago, M4One said:

Doesn't really go with the current set.

Atlantaflamesgoalhug.jpg

Their current set? The one that looks almost identical to this? I think using the Atlanta logo as the alternate captain "A" would look fine.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, M4One said:

Doesn't really go with the current set.  Maybe on an alternate jersey.

I'm gonna say in opposite way that now with current Flames unis Atlanta patch would fit better than ever.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

16 minutes ago, Sport said:

When I was a kid I thought it was hilarious how they used the literal team's logo for their captain's C. 

GettyImages-53124354-e1589433937190-1024

They should've never stopped. It's a quality bit. 

I originally thought the logo as the captain's C was something the started with and then abandoned because they thought it was too much. But looking through the Flames captaincy history, here's a picture from the first season of the pedestals in 94-95, because Nieuwendyk is the captain, and then from the last season of the pedestals in 99-00 with Steve Smith as the captain.

image-4.png?resize=708,432&ssl=1

oct-1999-steve-smith-of-the-calgary-flam

Then here are pictures of Fleury in 94-95 and then either 97-98 or 98-99.

image_8316a517-9249-4982-951d-a029310d70

b0b56e222ef24dc7995ce102d78a4295.jpg

So the pedestals started out with neither the flaming-C or the Atlanta A for the captain letters, then had both, then dropped the flaming-C (I assume because they thought it was too much).

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

17 hours ago, gsn93 said:

Atlantaflamesgoalhug.jpg

Their current set? The one that looks almost identical to this? I think using the Atlanta logo as the alternate captain "A" would look fine.

For me, using the Atlanta A is too gimmicky for the Flames current traditional set.  It was fine on the previous set.

3 hours ago, Sport said:

When I was a kid I thought it was hilarious how they used the literal team's logo for their captain's C. 

GettyImages-53124354-e1589433937190-1024

They should've never stopped. It's a quality bit. 

I sometimes refer to that as a redundan-C

Also, I actually like the use of the Atlanta 'A' for alternate captain 

• Like 5

I saw, I came, I left.

45 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Has anyone ever put the Canadiens’ or Canucks’ logos as their captains patch too? Lol

Not to Canuck jack the thread, but one thing that really bothered me about the old uniforms with the script is how overloaded with 'C's the Canucks uniforms became.

Including the manufacturer's logos, there are 11 Cs in various forms visible in this picture of Henrik Sedin. 

Canucks Rewind: Henrik Sedin becomes the first Canuck to hit 1000 points

• LOL 1

Maybe I'm dumb, but I only count 9.. There are two orcas, three sticks-in-rink, two in the CCM logo and one each for Vancouver and the captain's C.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but I only count 9.. There are two orcas, three sticks-in-rink, two in the CCM logo and one each for Vancouver and the captain's C.

There's a CCM logo on the helmet as well, and you can barely make out the 2 C's in this photo.

Thank god he's not wearing CCM gloves as well.

jNTsTyQ.png

Just kind of a neat thing I noticed on tonight's Ducks broadcast. Peep the water bottle labels.

41DVGmP.png

Appears to be Getzlaf's water bottle. The linesman used Fowler's water bottle to fix some ice a bit later and that bottle has current branding labels. Kind of odd it's Getzlaf when he was always one rumored, and maybe said as much I can't recall, to not like the Mighty Ducks (unless that's the joke where they gave him a Mighty Ducks one to mess with him).

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

13 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Gonna add to the C discourse by saying that the Avs should use their secondary logo as a captain patch.

s-l300.jpg

Only if they remove it from the shoulders. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:49 PM, DTConcepts said:

Gonna add to the C discourse by saying that the Avs should use their secondary logo as a captain patch.

s-l300.jpg

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Only if they remove it from the shoulders. 

Good. Then they can bring back this:

66.png

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Good. Then they can bring back this:

66.png

Why did they ever even get rid of ol' Yeti foot in the first place?? I never understood that. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

Why did they ever even get rid of ol' Yeti foot in the first place?? I never understood that. 

The only reason the foot was there in the first place because their original mascot was a yeti named Howler.

But Howler hasn't been a thing for the Avs for like two decades now; he was retired in the early 2000's, and their mascot since 2009 has been Bernie the St. Bernard...so the foot logo no longer really ties into their branding at all; hence why they got rid of it to begin with.

Besides, the shoulder C's are a nice little homage to the Hockey Rockies, as well, and you could also say it's like how the Nordiques had the provincial symbol of Québec on the shoulders of their jerseys, too, if you want to tie into franchise history.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2022 at 2:49 PM, DTConcepts said:

s-l300.jpg

Gonna stir the pot even further by saying that not only should the Avs use the Colorado C for their captain patch, but they should use their Stadium Series logo as their alternate captain patch.

Colorado Avalanche Logo Special Event Logo (2019/20) - A white A with blue mountain detailing inside a blue triangle. Used by the Colorado Avalanche as their primary logo for the 2020 Stadium Series game at Air Force Academy SportsLogos.Net

• Like 10
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1