2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

It blows my mind that with all the fan complaining about referees, they added yet another subjective rule that allows them to change the entire course of games... at a time when they're now not only in bed with gambling partners, but having full-on kinky orgies with them.

Eagles / 49ers game took a major turn when there was a SF fumble that was returned pretty deep into their territory, but the refs called a 'lowering the head to initiate contact' on the tackle of the ball carrier that fumbled (I believe he was fumbling anyway) and returned the ball to SF with those additional 15 yards to boot.  The blow to the head call was certainly the right call (regardless of intent), but I'm not sure why the ball was given back to SF.

At the end of the day the Eagles weren't good enough to win that game, but that was in a critical part of the game and who knows what happens if they gain momentum from creating that turnover.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

My bad.. "/sarsacm"

Me thinks DG was chasing something else with his original comment

Oh, I absolutely was. And I'm not wrong either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, Sport said:

The taunting penalties in the Bengals-Bears game were laughable and frustrating. The NFL leads all of sports in inventing solutions nobody asked for to problems that don't exist. 

It feels like the NFL was teetering just a bit a few years ago -- you couldn't go 5 minutes into an NFL conversation without it going into CTE, BLM, or general frustration with the sameness of Tom Brady and the Patriots. The game felt rigged and unfun and lots of spoke very bigly about never, ever watching it again.

And for a while, I didn't. I mostly opted out of the 2018 season (don't check my posts in the 2018 season thread and make me a liar), and I distinctly remember not watching the 2019 Super Bowl. For me, I felt like I was pretty done with the NFL and onto better things.

But then stuff happened: the Chiefs got really good and exciting and it felt different. The pandemic happened and all we had to do for a while was sit on our asses and watch the NFL draft and then the games themselves. Tom Brady had a mini-redemptive moment (at least for me). The Bills got really good (also a big deal for me).

The NFL was never at any real crisis point that would affect its long-term prospects, but it at least looked weekend for a bit. Now we've mostly forgotten all about CTE and Colin Kaepernick and are focused on the games again. We even had the national conversation about gambling and decided it's fine!

So why in the world are the issuing random 15 yard penalties that change games and are completely indiscriminate? Makes no sense unless you're a referee on the take.

EDIT:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It feels like the NFL was teetering just a bit a few years ago -- you couldn't go 5 minutes into an NFL conversation without it going into CTE, BLM, or general frustration with the sameness of Tom Brady and the Patriots. The game felt rigged and unfun and lots of spoke very bigly about never, ever watching it again.

And for a while, I didn't. I mostly opted out of the 2018 season (don't check my posts in the 2018 season thread and make me a liar), and I distinctly remember not watching the 2019 Super Bowl. For me, I felt like I was pretty done with the NFL and onto better things.

But then stuff happened: the Chiefs got really good and exciting and it felt different. The pandemic happened and all we had to do for a while was sit on our asses and watch the NFL draft and then the games themselves. Tom Brady had a mini-redemptive moment (at least for me). The Bills got really good (also a big deal for me).

The NFL was never at any real crisis point that would affect its long-term prospects, but it at least looked weekend for a bit. Now we've mostly forgotten all about CTE and Colin Kaepernick and are focused on the games again. We even had the national conversation about gambling and decided it's fine!

So why in the world are the issuing random 15 yard penalties that change games and are completely indiscriminate? Makes no sense unless you're a referee on the take.

I know what you mean. I had deep Patriots fatigue after that Falcons super bowl and the product was pretty stale at that point. But the league got really fun in 2019 and last year was a nice respite from Hell World. The sport at the NFL level is getting closer every day to big scale Arena football and I mean that as a compliment. When Tyreek Hill threw up the deuce sign last season on the way to the endzone the only people upset by that were Wellington Mara's dumbass kid, but those are the only guys that matters.  The stodgy white heirs of stodgy white heirs just couldn't help themselves but to meddle with a good thing.

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32277782/miami-dolphins-qb-tua-tagovailoa-placed-injured-reserve-fractured-ribs-source-says

I'm really starting to doubt the Dolphins' decision on the 5th pick in the 2020 Draft. We aren't even two years in, but all we've gotten has been inconsistency and injury. I'm not going to call Tua a bust now because as mentioned, Year Two has just started. It's still going to make me think "what could've been." Maybe I'm being impatient idk.

Hopefully Miami is at least at .500 when he comes back.