Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I disagree because elements of this can be found the Rams redesign. No tv numbers and an aesthetic disconnect between home and road. 

And Kroenke is another douchey owner with more money than taste. Notice how their interim look in LA before the rebrand was also just as much of a jumbled mess as the Washington Football Team. In both cases, the teams were blatantly telegraphing the type of rebrands they were going to go with.

I still place the blame primarily on the teams. Nike could bring in the greatest designers in the world and the final product would still be trash if the owner insists on trash.

• Like 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

the bottom left quadrant features three stars, representative of the stars on the D.C. flag and the team's position within the Nation's Capital.

Dear Nike,

Continue to :censored: off with this nonsense.

Warm regards,

infrared41

• Like 19

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

the bottom left quadrant features three stars, representative of the stars on the D.C. flag and the team's position within the Nation's Capital.

what

Bottom tier.

Checks Out Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Like 13

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Sometimes I think  I want the Eagles to change their uniforms, and then I see things like this and I'm  like ".........nope, we're good".

It amazes me how organizations continue to miss the mark this badly. 

I'm shocked the Browns were able to go back mostly to their old set after the previous garbage. Small miracles. Maybe Washington can get some of their old style back in 5 years. And a eagles can get their Kelly Green without Nike vomiting something together. 

• Like 4

Take this uniform, swap the spear and former name for a “W” and “COMMANDERS”, and they’d have one of the very best uniforms in football. 

spacer.png

It’s amazing how badly you can blow it when you overthink everything and miss the obvious answers staring at you in your very own archive. It’s legitimately frustrating to watch.

• Like 38

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

what

The team are HQed in Ashburn (NW of D.C.) and play in Landover, in Maryland. It makes no sense.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

They couldn't take the Red Wolves name because of copyright issues, but it was perfectly fine to steal a name from the AAF?

One's still live, the other defunct. Different levels of litigation. 

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

I disagree because elements of this can be found the Rams redesign. No tv numbers and an aesthetic disconnect between home and road. 

It's like how once you looked at the elements you could tell the gradient helmet Jags and alarm clock number Bucs clearly came from the same design team. So for the Rams and Commanders. There's too much connective design tissue to think they were arrived at independently of each other.  The Rams have even been hinting at a black alternate since their rebrand. 

It seems to me that Nike's moved onto a new design fascination. Gradient helmet Jags, alarm clock Bucs, and swords for shoulders Titans were the old Nike trends. Mismatched and overthought Rams and Commanders are the new Nike trends

And this right here is my major beef with the one-leaugue-supplier setup for the major pro leagues: they're all starting to look a little too homogenous. On top of that, with these guys--Nike, that is--it's been more about advancing their design agenda and philosophy than highlighting the actual team itself aside from logos and colors. That, too, can ebb and flow with whatever trend they land on next.

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

The iconic jaws of Husky Stadium. 

Wasn't it the "iconic tusks of Razorback fa"--wait, how many other schools used this same copy/paste bullcorn again? 😄

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

what

Yeah I got nothing on that one, either. They should have just stopped at the DC flag.

• Like 13

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Absolutely horrendous. Putrid name, putrid logo, putrid uniforms, putrid helmets....wow, just wow. A steaming pile of :censored:. I hate Nike and I hate teams that accept Nike's garbage and think it look good.

I don't believe this could have been screwed up any worse than it has. SMH.

• Like 1

Inside the numbers, there is a perforated diamond texture, which is a nod to the diamond shape of DC's district boundary.

. . . which hasn't existed since the retrocession of the Virginia portion of the District in 1847.

• Like 20

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

To honor the deep legacy of this 90-year-old franchise, the traditional burgundy and gold color scheme will remain at the center of the team's new identity. The home uniform will also retain the burgundy and gold colors, a specific reference to uniforms of the past.

…but found nowhere else in the set as a package

• Like 9

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

7d300b1b9e9315df21cf133bd7928c8e.jpg

I remember seeing that catalog page when I was a little kid and being massively excited to see all the jerseys together in one image. Then I noticed something and turned to my older brother and said, "Hey, look, the Falcons switched their jersey from black to red!"

He looked at me like I was from another planet and walked away.

• Like 19

37 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Take this uniform, swap the spear and former name for a “W” and “COMMANDERS”, and they’d have one of the very best uniforms in football. 

spacer.png

It’s amazing how badly you can blow it when you overthink everything and miss the obvious answers staring at you in your very own archive. It’s legitimately frustrating to watch.

i was at that game (got free* tickets from someone on my team the day of the game since he couldn't go that day right after we had a game that morning)

*basically free since it was $20 total (for level 100 seats)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

No  stripes on the pants...this is awful:

spacer.png

If they were wanting a black military-esque uniform, the gloss black helmet looks out of place. Why not go all in? Use a textured finish like Ohio State or a matte finish.

PHOTOS: Here's the alternate uniform Ohio State will wear vs. Michigan

WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM NFL BLACK MATTE CUSTOM MINI HELMET RARE NIB | eBay

I will say, I am a fan of the satin burgundy helmet. It adds some visual intrigue, although it should have been better dressed for the (awful) road jersey.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)