2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

14 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

with the jazz pretty much having no choice but to accept their purple alternate jerseys as part of their main brand, this is gonna be their color palette for the next three seasons. 

4-E53-BB6-E-75-AD-4-E7-B-A5-B8-86-B5-DBE

"Hey, my mom wants to know what the Jazz colors are and we can't figure it out," Smith remembers Wade telling him.

Poor JoLinda, she still won't know what the Jazz colors are and D-Wade not gonna help her either. 😂

Oopss... Something went wrong. 😆

I know I shouldn't twist the knife in the wound but It's kinda funny how reality made 1st round knockout on Wade & Smith.

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

O'Grady dropping some hints?  The Sixers pres who hated the black jerseys (and was reluctant to even do the ugly-ass city ones from two seasons ago) is gone, so they'd seemingly be open to bringing these back as an alt (if allowed).

They could bring it in next year when they will got 60th anniversary of being in Philadelphia.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

In a interview Ryan Smith (the Jazz owner) talked about being envious of the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls how they are all identified by their color scheme. 

Assuming this means the Jazz try to get into that territory in 5 years, what would their color scheme be?

purple, white, light blue?

purple, gold, green?

something else? 

personally I would like a purple, white, black, copper, with maybe a little light blue too. 

• Like 2

Purple and light blue was their shot at an identifiable color scheme and they blew it 20 years ago by wearing black and copper as much as possible instead. They're not the only NBA team to botch the entire concept of a color scheme, if it's any consolation: so did like 20 to 25 others.

• Like 12

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Purple and light blue was their shot at an identifiable color scheme and they blew it 20 years ago by wearing black and copper as much as possible instead. They're not the only NBA team to botch the entire concept of a color scheme, if it's any consolation: so did like 20 to 25 others.

Agreed. 

Nuggets have been all over the place the last 20 years. I preferred the powder blue, but I know people enjoy the current colors.

The Hawks have changed color schemes quite often, Cavs, Etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

with the jazz pretty much having no choice but to accept their purple alternate jerseys as part of their main brand, this is gonna be their color palette for the next three seasons. 

4-E53-BB6-E-75-AD-4-E7-B-A5-B8-86-B5-DBE

Looks like a printer test page but it needs magenta.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Agreed. 

Nuggets have been all over the place the last 20 years. I preferred the powder blue, but I know people enjoy the current colors.

The Hawks have changed color schemes quite often, Cavs, Etc.

To be honest, even as much as the Nuggets have changed, I’m still envious of the fact that they’ve always worn some form of the same color (blue). Sure, the shades and tints have shifted, but at least Nuggets fans can hang thier hat on the fact that they’ve always been a “blue team” of some sort. That may seem like a stretch to consider a blue musical chairs a small brand victory, but as a Jazz fan I’d be thrilled if we could have a consistent thread like that.

As much as I think the Jazz ought to be a purple team, they’ve wanted to be nearly everything else over too long a period of time, and there’s precious little to hang a hat on in terms of brand equity as a Jazz fan.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, DJT said:

In a interview Ryan Smith (the Jazz owner) talked about being envious of the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls how they are all identified by their color scheme. 

Those three teams have one thing in common: multiple rings.

The Lakers have had other color schemes but only when they started making multiple finals appearances and winning titles did the purple and gold cement itself as THE Lakers brand. Without Magic and Kareem, would the Lakers have attempted a rebrand in the 90's like the Jazz? 

If Utah beats the Bulls in one of those finals, do they ever move away from purple and blue (and brown and turquoise et al.)?

• Like 3

The previous color scheme would've worked too. Just needed to settle on where in the navy-to-purple they wanted to be; I thought a dark indigo that wasn't a true navy blue but also wasn't the old purple would have been fine. Pair that with the golden yellow and the dark green. Had its historic roots in the Jazz brand but the darker colors felt more right for Utah. I thought it was fine. If having a distinct color scheme is important to the team, they're the ones who insisted on beating the Red Rocks scheme to death over several years. And even apart from the City Uni program, you don't get an identifiable color scheme by embracing literally all possible hues in a gradient of reddish-orange to yellow! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

31 minutes ago, Digby said:

The previous color scheme would've worked too. Just needed to settle on where in the navy-to-purple they wanted to be; I thought a dark indigo that wasn't a true navy blue but also wasn't the old purple would have been fine. Pair that with the golden yellow and the dark green. Had its historic roots in the Jazz brand but the darker colors felt more right for Utah. I thought it was fine. If having a distinct color scheme is important to the team, they're the ones who insisted on beating the Red Rocks scheme to death over several years. And even apart from the City Uni program, you don't get an identifiable color scheme by embracing literally all possible hues in a gradient of reddish-orange to yellow! 

It's interesting you bring this up, the Jazz court back before the mountains had a unique purple color. It looked dark purple sometimes then looked like plum or something another time. It was very weird and definitely a shade of purple that I've never seen any other team use.

img146-M.jpg

karl-malone-of-the-utah-jazz-dunks-circa

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1

bSLCtu2.png

3 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's interesting you bring this up, the Jazz court back before the mountains had a unique purple color. It was definitely a shade of purple that I've never seen any other team use.

Right... I feel like there have been a few different purples that they've used:

- classic, down-the-middle purple (with both the New Orleans look and the mountains)

- that more reddish purple (80s? early 90s?)

- the note-revival rebrand always felt like there was a bit more purple in the navy, compared with other navy teams and their own double-blue era

• Like 1