Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I wonder what happens to the rivalry between Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin once Sam becomes an FBS school?

For now, SFA says they're staying in the WAC...but I figure they may have no choice but to at least do a feasibility study on making the jump up.

bYhYmxh.png

Well they'd need a partner joining the MWC or Sun Belt so it's CUSA or nothing. The MWC didn't want UTEP so I doubt SFA would move the needle, especially with UTEP being in Mountain time and SFA being in Central time and practically Louisiana.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

8 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Just saw this, wow if this is true. This is how the dominoes fall. Who does the PAC 10/12 add? Is the Big Ten going to poach the Big XII next? Will the PAC 10/12 going to poach the Big XII? Or the Mountain West? So many questions here 

Well, college football is officially dead if this happens.

As a Pac-12 fan, I don't know what even happens after this. I bet Oregon and Washington are probably trying to find a way out now too. Stanford and Cal are probably pissed. If more schools leave then I see a merger with the Mountain West as the only option. I doubt any Big 12 teams would want to leave for the Pac-12 now.

• Like 1

I could definitly see the Pac12 looking at Big12 schools like Texas Tech Baylor, and TCU.  If the Big Ten added, I figured theyd go with North Carolina and another ACC team, but this is the big shift that may cause mass chaos.