College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That UNC helmet is tacky as hell... I'm not a huge fan of these type of things. We get it, you like America. You like the troops. The majority of all Americans do too. It seems cheesy to me. Enough is enough already.

I disagree and it makes me proud when teams want to honor the Military and the United States. In fact, I believe more schools need to take part in this and show their love for America and the finest men and women that chose to wear the uniform.

BTW, Why does Washington wear the black alternate when their home set is beautiful? This is a ugly looking game over on ESPN.

spacer.png

BTW, Why does Washington wear the black alternate when their home set is beautiful? This is a ugly looking game over on ESPN.

They're better off wearing a deep purple alt rather than this horsecrap. Like seriously, a deep purple alt would actually look good.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Washington's BFBS uniforms are bad but they'd look better if they switched out the black pants for gold. Matching colored jerseys and pants with a non-matching helmet doesn't look good in a lot of cases and this is one of them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That UNC helmet is tacky as hell... I'm not a huge fan of these type of things. We get it, you like America. You like the troops. The majority of all Americans do too. It seems cheesy to me. Enough is enough already.

glad im not the only one

Not only is it tacky, but it's just pathetic. Look, I get you're for the troops and all, but Holy Cow could you even respect the rules of the flag. They are in complete violation of the flag code:

? The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. (section 8g)

? No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. (section 8j)

glad im not the only one

Not only is it tacky, but it's just pathetic. Look, I get you're for the troops and all, but Holy Cow could you even respect the rules of the flag. They are in complete violation of the flag code:

? The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. (section 8g)

? No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. (section 8j)

glad im not the only one

agree, I thought Washington was going to move back to a more traditional uniform?

They're better off wearing a deep purple alt rather than this horsecrap. Like seriously, a deep purple alt would actually look good.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

glad im not the only one

Agreed. It is not like the players are going to sign up to serve in military after the game. It seems very faux-warrior to me. Now if they suit up a couple of ROTC cadets for the game, I might alter my opinion of this type of military appreciation day. Regardless, a university in the US doesn't need to prove its patriotism one weekend a year by sporting the flag in their logo. If they did, then why not sport it for every game while the country is at war?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

glad im not the only one

Also (and I don't know whether or not I should respond to this three times...), shouldn't the "flag" on the right side of the helmet be (what we think of) as inverted? Perhaps these were designed by an AF-AM Studies alum.

Not really news, just an interesting nugget here...

From HGI's fb:

Check out the poll Riddell is doing on some of the helmets that have been finished by HGI. Riddell has been a great partner and we can't to break out the nearly 10 new designs that are still coming this year!!

So, that gives us a better idea of what's to come, at least.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

That VT uniform is bad regardless of the color combo, but that combination is especially bad. The maroon helmet and orange pants make the uniform seem top-heavy, if that makes sense.

How would that be top-heavy? It's far more balanced than their normal road unis, which would be a maroon helmet with white jerseys and pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

_

_That UNC helmet is tacky as hell... I'm not a huge fan of these type of things. We get it, you like America. You like the troops. The majority of all Americans do too. It seems cheesy to me. Enough is enough already.

_

_

_glad im not the only one

_

_

_Agreed, and this is coming from a Heels fan. Something subtle like this would have been a million times better, IMO:

_

_uncmilitary.png

_

_They even mucked up the field with that thing:

_A3vZuKNCEAA7xCF.jpg

It is nothing but pandering. Want to show respect? Thank a soldier when you see one, support charities for military families, support the USO. Slapping the flag on anything you can get your hands on is not patriotism. Helping make your country a better place is.

_There are rumors that Illinois is going to wear the matte navy helmets against Penn St. this Saturday. They said at the beginning of the season that the helmets wouldn't be worn this year, so I guess we'll see.

_

_I've heard that as well. I'm going to be really disappointed if they wear the blue jerseys and pants again, especially against a team that's only blue and white. I'm hoping for blue/orange/white then blue/blue/orange if they do go with the matte blue helmets.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

With so many teams doing special game unis all the time or adding so many different combos and colors does it not screw up that sense of tradition that college football prides itself on? I mean I enjoy flipping through the games and seeing team matchups in the uniforms that are their actual uniforms. Maybe the longhorns have hit it on the head...lets be crazy with our practice unis but keep our regular season unis traditional. Oregon was one thing but its spread like a bad disease and when a team like Georgia tech wears some bs bubble wrap it just got to the point where it should stop or have the staff of what not to wear figure out if it should be used or not

_With so many teams doing special game unis all the time or adding so many different combos and colors does it not screw up that sense of tradition that college football prides itself on? I mean I enjoy flipping through the games and seeing team matchups in the uniforms that are their actual uniforms. Maybe the longhorns have hit it on the head...lets be crazy with our practice unis but keep our regular season unis traditional. Oregon was one thing but its spread like a bad disease and when a team like Georgia tech wears some bs bubble wrap it just got to the point where it should stop or have the staff of what not to wear figure out if it should be used or not

_

_

_A lot of schools don't necessarily care about tradition. New uniforms help with recruiting, which in turn will (ideally) make the team better. You'll always have your standard powerhouses ('Bama, LSU, USC, Texas, etc.) that don't need to go with that tactic, but some schools need the help.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived