College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

TCU is no longer planning on wearing the new helmets this weekend.

Why the change of heart?

I don't know for sure, but I have a pretty good guess it has to do with off-the-field publicity.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington is going gold this weekend according to Uni-Watch.

13hero.jpg

I saw that, too, but unless there's more to it than that I'm not sure sure. This looks like an ad for 2013 ticket sales done in sepia/gold tones, not an announcement about new uniforms being worn this weekend. Not saying they won't wear them; just that I don't think this confirms they will.

Yeah same, first thing I noticed. His skin has the game gold effect which gives it away to me. Also the number would have an outline of some sort wouldn't it? But I don't know why they would do this if they werent going to wear them... at some point. Maybe its an addition to the set in 2013. I donno.

I hope not, the gold jerseys never look gold, simply khaki and washed out.

Last thing, I sure hope Oregon doesn't mix and match yellow and white. That would be such a weak color combo. This gives you an idea of how those colors mix:

PHP4E964130E2626.jpg

That was one of my favorite combos.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Washington is going gold this weekend according to Uni-Watch.

13hero.jpg

I saw that, too, but unless there's more to it than that I'm not sure sure. This looks like an ad for 2013 ticket sales done in sepia/gold tones, not an announcement about new uniforms being worn this weekend. Not saying they won't wear them; just that I don't think this confirms they will.

Yeah same, first thing I noticed. His skin has the game gold effect which gives it away to me. Also the number would have an outline of some sort wouldn't it? But I don't know why they would do this if they werent going to wear them... at some point. Maybe its an addition to the set in 2013. I donno.

I hope not, the gold jerseys never look gold, simply khaki and washed out.

At least they're not wearing any black.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Last thing, I sure hope Oregon doesn't mix and match yellow and white. That would be such a weak color combo. This gives you an idea of how those colors mix:

PHP4E964130E2626.jpg

It seems like white helmets are a little off white. I would imagine with all the advancements in helmet design that a brighter stronger white would be more prominent. Maybe some schools do and I'm wrong, but I would like to see maybe a pearl finish or just some cooler looking white helmets. Do any exist?

Is my assumption of them being slightly less white even right or am I tripping?

I completely agree with BB08. I hate the way teams now swap decals, facemask colors, etc. In addition to any alternate helmets a team might have, this now provides them with limitless new styles. It might be "cool" for recruits, but come on, you're completely watering down your identity and entirely lack a primary helmet when you start doing that. At least Oregon's mallard green lid was viewed as the primary before they completed dropped the "O" helmets. TCU's normal purple was nice (and so was the new finish to it, a very slight update). But when you're debuting new finishes, new stripes which come and go from week to week, new logo applications, swapping masks out, etc, you have no consistency or even a single lid to be able to say "this is the helmet that primarily represents our program".

yea i see no point in having multiple helmets where you're only changing a facemask color or stripe. the Virginia example might be the worst. Rutger's new 3 helmets are another thats like that. i dont see anything wrng with having multiple helmets like Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Indiana, Oregon, etc have done though. its good to have a flexible identity. it keeps things fresh. the days of having 1 helmet as a signature piece are gone, or at least its just not the only way to do it. thats how we've gotten here; having 1 helmet all the time became boring. its good for some to step outside from that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I completely agree with BB08. I hate the way teams now swap decals, facemask colors, etc. In addition to any alternate helmets a team might have, this now provides them with limitless new styles. It might be "cool" for recruits, but come on, you're completely watering down your identity and entirely lack a primary helmet when you start doing that. At least Oregon's mallard green lid was viewed as the primary before they completed dropped the "O" helmets. TCU's normal purple was nice (and so was the new finish to it, a very slight update). But when you're debuting new finishes, new stripes which come and go from week to week, new logo applications, swapping masks out, etc, you have no consistency or even a single lid to be able to say "this is the helmet that primarily represents our program".

I really like that update to the UVa helmet. They need to stick to that version from now on when they wear the orange. The stripeless version with the blue mask looked too loud and vibrant. The navy stripe and gray mask soften it quite nicely. It looks kinda retro/throwback inspired now. I like!

PHP4E964130E2626.jpg

Man do I miss seeing those pants on the field. That uniform set was the best they ever had in my opinion.

spacer.png

Are you kidding me? That's a great combination. Hell, that's a great picture overall. A strong Oregon combo and ASU's last good uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Are you kidding me? That's a great combination. Hell, that's a great picture overall. A strong Oregon combo and ASU's last good uniform.

Wow, that's prob as bad as either of those teams looked that year. Put Oregon in some green lids and shirts and ASU in the gold pants and then we're talking...

PHP4E964130E2626.jpg

It seems like white helmets are a little off white. I would imagine with all the advancements in helmet design that a brighter stronger white would be more prominent. Maybe some schools do and I'm wrong, but I would like to see maybe a pearl finish or just some cooler looking white helmets. Do any exist?

Is my assumption of them being slightly less white even right or am I tripping?

Most white helmets come across as off-white during night games, mostly due to the artificial lighting. It's really noticeable when a team wears white helmets and white jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Virginia's helmet for Duke this weekend. (First time this year with a grey facemask)

A4X9PH7CEAA6Vo6.jpg

South Florida's going gold/white/gold this weekend in uni news

https://pbs.twimg.co...9PsCAAAmcyx.jpg

And I believe Florida is breaking out the Orange Alts against LSU

https://pbs.twimg.co...tLHCMAAx5EA.jpg

I believe that, based on the endzones, Duke will be countering with white helmets.

Oregon's new uniforms:

Tron%2BLegacy%2BDisc%2BSuit%2Bpictured%2Bvia%2Biainclaridge.co.uk.jpg

As the most official Duck Tracker of all of the 2012s, I can confirm these are their new unis. Light cycles will be driven on the field.

It's part of the new Disney-friendly initiative. Since Disney has let Oregon use "Donald," they're now freeing up other Disney brands including Tron.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wow, that's prob as bad as either of those teams looked that year. Put Oregon in some green lids and shirts and ASU in the gold pants and then we're talking...

Oh, right, I forgot about ASU's gold pants.

Speaking of ASU and gold, does anyone know why their redesign didn't include a gold jersey? It's the only thing missing from their mix-and-match.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived