Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I was just thinking about this - purple was at one point the league's hot color. It was used by the Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Hornets, Kings, Suns, and Jazz. 6 teams in a 30 team league is awfully high for a color such as purple, especially when you look at other leagues during that same time period. The NFL had 2, MLB had 2, NHL had 2 (I'm counting the Ducks' eggplant).

Just interesting, that's all.

Same here. Methinks MJ digs the Carolina Blue.

and that would be a mistake, which is why Jordan will do it. He's not exactly known for his fashion sense (http://wtfismikewearing.tumblr.com/) or for his NBA executive acumen. I'm actually surprised he's going through with appropriating the Hornets moniker.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Draft Lottery, wasn't it mentioned in passing that Jordan would prefer Carolina Blue and Duke Blue (aka Navy)?

Didn't hear that at all.

Duke blue is not close to Navy. It's more Royal. ColorWerx?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

As long as there's no pleated shorts this time. Pleats shouldn't be worn by anybody under 50.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gld you guys looked at that site. MJ may say that the colors aren't chosen, but it you're selling ticket packages for the new Hornets using that color scheme (which very well may be Bobcat blue and Hornet purple), and give away a jacket with those same colors, you darn well be using them or something really close.

I'd prefer teal-purple, but could live with powder-purple as an acceptable modernization. The latest N.O. Hornets look still felt right for the team despite not being technically accurate.

FvijwEn.jpg

Maybe this is what Michael is going for? That is from 2002. The teal looks like it has more blue in it here, or it could just be the lighting in the picture? ColorWerx did they change the teal that year?

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

FvijwEn.jpg

Maybe this is what Michael is going for? That is from 2002. The teal looks like it has more blue in it here, or it could just be the lighting in the picture? ColorWerx did they change the teal that year?

Nope. The Teal stayed the same throughout their time in Charlotte.

They should call them the Carolina Hornets.

Why? No one outside Charlotte wants anything to do with Jordan's losers...

Even though i think calling them the carolina hornets is a bad name, people all over the country love the Hornets in Charlotte branding, i myself have a retro half teal, half purple charlotte hornets snap back, because it's a nice brad that people in the carolina's would accept, alot more than the bobcats

They should call them the Carolina Hornets.

Why? No one outside Charlotte wants anything to do with Jordan's losers...

Even though i think calling them the carolina hornets is a bad name, people all over the country love the Hornets in Charlotte branding, i myself have a retro half teal, half purple charlotte hornets snap back, because it's a nice brad that people in the carolina's would accept, alot more than the bobcats

They'll accept Charlotte Hornets as much as Carolina Hornets. There's really no need for that change. My opinion is the Hurricanes use Carolina more for sound than anything else. Carolina _____ sounds better thsn Raleigh ____ . but Charlotte flows fine with Hornets. Bringing back the Carolina Cougers woulda been a cool name instead of Bobcats though.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Idk where to post this but its fairly clever... probably not clever enough form its own thread. I like the Lakers/Clippers rendering and how obviously similar and bland they are

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/05/27/sports/basketball/27nba-monikers.html?ref=sports&_r=0

The suited Mornon with the saxophone made me chuckle.

Archived