Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sJ9Ynwq.jpg

Why does this stylization remind me of Disney's "straight-to-film" movies of the 1990s?

Because I think that's actually FROM the 1990s. I remember seeing "The Bugs Are Back" as a slogan back in the mid-90s. I don't know what they were "back" from (maybe "back" into the playoffs?) but notice the Starter logo below:

71074_1113568.jpg

Also, admittedly I'm going to have a soft spot for the Bobcats. I went to their first ever draft party. I was on board as a Bobcats fan for the first few seasons. It just... trailed off. Clearly nothing will ever be better than Hornets, but the first few years of the Bobcats are sentimental to me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If they're going to do it right, they better bring back a logo that is ridiculously similar to ol' Hugo. They better not release some abstract crap or some depiction of an F-18 Hornet ("we support the troops!") that doesn't tie in to the original team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

sJ9Ynwq.jpg

Why does this stylization remind me of Disney's "straight-to-film" movies of the 1990s?

It was from 1993 or 94 I believe. It was the official season marketing tagline. Similar to this from 97 or 98.

5Gq08hd.jpg

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

Will the Bobcats play one more season as the zombiecats in some of the NBA's worst uniforms or will they be allowed to rebrand this offseason and take the court this october as the new Hornets?

Sounds like we'll have one season with a couple of games of Pelicans vs. Bobcats...so in about five years or so, we can have a thread dedicated to "I just found this picture...the Pelicans and BOBCATS played each other???". Along with Brooklyn Nets vs. New Orleans Hornets.

Save 'em now before they get 404'd on the web!!!

130312215324-0021200951-noh-bkn-recap.main-video-player.jpgnetsrunningweb13s-2-web.jpgvsNOH-pgal-01.jpg

0d7aaf22-7ad2-445b-8c68-b42154d68c92.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

If you're going to do this, you do it all the way. Involving red in any way, shape, or form should mean retraction of the entire franchise. If Jordan and the Charlotte brass don't at least make an effort to make the new Hornets brand harken to the original brand, then every player, agent, coach, manager, trainer, etc, that has "Charlotte ____" in their job description should be placed into a massive crate and put away by top men.

TOP. MEN.

raiders_book_warehouse.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

tumblr_m94ocoqtZo1rvn6njo1_400.gif

"How would you make money on bees?"

"I dunno. Honey. Or just as gifts!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It may be my computer screen, or the lighting in the photo, but that season ticket poster (and please pardon my non-designer terminology) seems to be of a "bluer" shade of purple, and I swear that's closer to Carolina blue than it is to teal.

(BTW, what's the difference between "teal" and "turquoise"? I always considered the Hornets, Carolina Panthers, and San Jose sharks to "turquoise" as opposed to the Jacksonville Jaguars "teal." Or are the Crayola names just fooling me?)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Face it folks... we are old. 90s is retro now, and if we can have the flyers dressing up like the 70s and so many people want the new york jets to dress up like the 80s why can't the hornets identity BE the teal and purple 90s team? I love it. Its an identity just like the broadsheet bullys aesthetic.

Sad, but true. Trends tend to repeat every 20-30 years, and here we are.

Now if the Sharks and Marlins could get the whole teal memo, then we'd be set, but that is for a different thread.

70389454.png

Very happy this is happening. Now, the next step is not completely f'ing up the identity package. They MUST keep teal and purple, and some form of Hugo. Change the striping patterns, the text, whatever. KEEP THE COLORS AND HUGO.

I'm also hoping they don't make a 'BUZZ CITY' alternate.

If there's no teal and purple, a LOT of people are going to be very, very disappointed...

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived