2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we sure the A's are ditching the existing green alt? They wear it so frequently it's hard to imagine it going away, and plenty of teams have multiple alts in the same color.

Are there any teams that carry five different jerseys in their rotation, with two of them being the same color?

Go A's!

Wedding Gown White*

I highly doubt they are keeping two green jerseys. The previous one is gone and the new one is in, and I hope that they keep that new one just to road games. The reason why they wear it so much is because they wear it for both home and road and the gold tops they decided to keep just for home, even though they have worn it on the road in the past

Go A's!

Are we sure the A's are ditching the existing green alt? They wear it so frequently it's hard to imagine it going away, and plenty of teams have multiple alts in the same color.

Are there any teams that carry five different jerseys in their rotation, with two of them being the same color?

Plenty of teams with five jerseys...Don't the Mets have two blue jerseys? The Twins and Brewers have two navy jerseys. Usually if you have two alts of the same jersey, one's clearly for homes, one's clearly for away games.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Plenty of teams with five jerseys...Don't the Mets have two blue jerseys? The Twins and Brewers have two navy jerseys. Usually if you have two alts of the same jersey, one's clearly for homes, one's clearly for away games.

You're right. But unlike the A's, those two same colored jerseys have the essential same design. The A's green jerseys are both completely different with no designation for home or road

Go A's!

I don't know if this tells us anything about the A's jersey situation, but they just released this image of the Josh Donaldson bobblehead they're giving away on April 19th... It looks like the old jersey. Now, he could just be wearing the old one in the photo, but maybe all we're getting is a piping addition to the green?

oakland-athletics_donaldson_bobble-4-19-

Anubis.png

I don't know if this tells us anything about the A's jersey situation, but they just released this image of the Josh Donaldson bobblehead they're giving away on April 19th... It looks like the old jersey. Now, he could just be wearing the old one in the photo, but maybe all we're getting is a piping addition to the green?

To commemorate this

donaldsonsupermanpose.jpg

Go A's!

Was looking at the MLBShop site and noticed something. No Red Sox road jerseys were on the site. Could it mean they're going back to the previous roads from before 2009??

I sure hope so. I can not stand the new ones, where the previous ones were perfect

To commemorate this

donaldsonsupermanpose.jpg

Great idea, make commemorate figurines of players in speciel situations.

Say, I wanna see a A-Rod or R. Braun "Shooting up in a bathroom" figurine.

Remember those details they can make today ! Cute little syringe and all

:)

You're right. But unlike the A's, those two same colored jerseys have the essential same design. The A's green jerseys are both completely different with no designation for home or road

I thought Chris said upthread, when the news of the new A's hat came out, that the existing green jersey was being replaced.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I mocked this up last month. This is basically what I am expecting it to look like.

OLVrt4B.jpg

Look exactly like the alternate from my concept series. I personally think this is a huge improvement.

Single-color piping would be better and make it look less like a fashion jersey. The A on the chest is an improvement. The cap is completely unnecessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought Chris said upthread, when the news of the new A's hat came out, that the existing green jersey was being replaced.

Exactly. But Digby brought up the idea that MLB hasn't seen before -- 5 different jerseys with two of the same color with completely different templates. Never seen such a thing

Go A's!

I mocked this up last month. This is basically what I am expecting it to look like.

OLVrt4B.jpg

Look exactly like the alternate from my concept series. I personally think this is a huge improvement.

Single-color piping would be better and make it look less like a fashion jersey. The A on the chest is an improvement. The cap is completely unnecessary.

Lukas gave a description of the new A's green alt today. It's pretty much this pic.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Diamondbacks did technically have two black alternates last season that looked completely different. They had the standard red 'A' on chest black jersey and then wore the special black alt with 'ARIZONA' script to honor the firefighters last summer. But the black 'ARIZONA' alt was only worn for 8 games on their July home stand leading up to the All-Star break (7/5-7/12). So I don't know if you want to count that or not. Other than that, I can't think of any. The next closest one would be the late 90's Twins (their blue alts actually weren't the same, the home alt had the red stylized 'TWINS' script with a white number while the road blue alt had white block 'MINNESOTA' script with red numbers) and the late 90's Mariners who had their navy BP 'MARINERS' jersey that they wore as a normal alt that they wore at home and on the road and then their 'SEATTLE' alt jersey.

Archived