2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Out of the ones with images in the stripe, I really, really like Winnipeg's. It's probably redundant with a big jet at center ice, but it looks really cool in the stripes. That said, I'm partial to what either the Red Wings or Islanders do.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a fan of the red/white barber pole style, myself. But some of these are way too busy (looking at you; Montreal, Nashville, Ottawa, Phoenix)

Yeah, solid or barberpole is all any of these really need to be, but there are a few teams that can stand to give the red line a creative touch. Putting tiny little detailed logos in the red line is not a creative touch. I'd say Montreal could use the fleur-de-lis in the red line if not for the possibility of the Nords coming back, who would have a better claim to provincial imagery than the Habs do.

Out of the ones with images in the stripe, I really, really like Winnipeg's. It's probably redundant with a big jet at center ice, but it looks really cool in the stripes.

It's a nice update to the last red line design the old Jets had:

pub01771.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oilers should have a red line with white oil drops.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, Florida (and arguably Carolina and Philly, although the Flyers have had that red line for decades) is absolutely breaking the last clause of Rule 1.5.

"There shall also be a line, twelve inches (12'') in width and red in color, drawn completely across the rink in center ice, parallel with the goal lines and continued vertically up the side of the boards, known as the “CENTER LINE.” This line shall contain regular interval markings of a uniform distinctive design, which will readily distinguish it from the two blue lines, the outer edges of which must be continuous. (Paint code PMS 186.)"

I always thought it would be cool for the Wings to have a solid center stripe with the winged wheel at center ice (sans Hockeytown, of course), except they would continue/invert the logo design inside the area it would intersect the stripe. Maybe I'll mock something up later...

Not really deserving of its own thread, but hey, hockey aesthetics!

New red line for the Stars:

Very cool!

I've heard of teams doing this, but is it fairly common now? (To have custom linework like that.)

If so, it may be worth having a thread devoted to that (NHL and other leagues).

Here are all of last year's red lines for the NHL:

Or I think it is for 2014/2015. In any case frozenfaceoff.net is a great website for this particular rabbit hole. I think the guy behind it posts here too actually.

How original, Florida.

Don't worry, the second ownership finds out about center ice designs they'll find a way to make it sponsored. THE BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF FLORIDA RED LINE POWERED BY REEBOK/ADIDAS

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

St. Louis really needs to go back to two notes in the center circle, rather than having the big one bisected by the red line.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, it's too unbalanced of a logo -- which isn't to say it's bad, because it's great, it's just very left-heavy by design -- to bisect. The Flyers wouldn't look good with one big logo either.

I've heard people say that the Blackhawks should go back to two little Indian heads instead of one big one, but those people also probably think the Blackhawks should go back to having 4,000 people at games because that way you know who the real fans are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

St. Louis really needs to go back to two notes in the center circle, rather than having the big one bisected by the red line.

Agreed. That treatment works perfectly for their logo. The image mcj88200 posted is a thing of beauty.

Red+Lines.png

Or I think it is for 2014/2015. In any case frozenfaceoff.net is a great website for this particular rabbit hole. I think the guy behind it posts here too actually.

It seems appropriate that it's Florida and Carolina who have the most half-assed red lines in the league

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

"God I hate the Panthers. Stupid non-traditional market, can't do anything right. Move them to Nunavut!"

"God I hate the Panthers, what a stupid old redline non-design (read:traditonal). Can't they do anything right?"

Classic CCSLC.

Archived