College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, L10nheart404 said:

As long as you know which endzone is which, it really doesn't matter. 

I mean, all the guys running to the left or to the right on your TV screen usually help you know in which direction they're trying to score... 😉

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 12/6/2019 at 4:49 PM, aawagner011 said:

2019: Georgia is back to using its home stadium end zone design with white text. LSU gets a similar treatment to Auburn in 2017 with their word mark in primary colors, however, this is not LSU’s home stadium end zone design. They use the contrasting purple and yellow end zones at Death Valley. I would have liked this much better if Georgia was in red or if both end zones had a color background. Both 2017 and 2019 feel unbalanced. Also of note: 1) the 50 yard line bears the CFB150 logo, 2) the SEC Championship and school logos have now been moved outside the yard markers closer to the sidelines, and 3) it looks like the yard markers are located a bit further inside the sidelines.

spacer.png

Thinking the turf-colored backgrounds for the end zones and the more interior placement of the yard markers is a concession to needing to turn Mercedes-Benz Stadium around from SEC Championship Saturday to home Falcons contest Sunday.

Where the college numbers are normally located is where you see two small perpendicular lines between the yard marker and the sideline every ten yards.  LA Memorial Coliseum goes to the trouble of painting two sets of numbers depending on whether it is a USC or a Rams game.

Messiest had to be the Katrina year where the Saints called Death Valley home.

07-Saints-LSU-home-game-014471187.jpg&w=

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Has Wisconsin always had small compressed numbers? 5s look like 6s and vice versa. Maybe its their font?

i almost want to call it a UA supplier issue.  They’ve flubbed up so many teams in the past 2-3 years. 

They've looked like that since moving to UA. With adidas they were larger but could look warped.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Has Wisconsin always had small compressed numbers? 5s look like 6s and vice versa. Maybe its their font?

i almost want to call it a UA supplier issue.  They’ve flubbed up so many teams in the past 2-3 years. 

This 100% a UA issue. They like to give all their teams the condensed numbers treatment. 

Midway.png

9 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Georgia’s number font suffers from being a bit too heavy and has weird width issues at the curves. It’s just a bad font. 

notre-dame-georgia-football-13981.jpg

LSU font is too narrow, causing some weird angles on the corners. The angle of the cutout on the top of the 8 seems different that those in the middle the 8.

jarvis-landry-ncaa-football-outback-bowl

They are just not as good as a more standard block. 

david-pollack-uga.jpg

pg-43-40u40-best-event-Getty.ashx?la=en&

I love Georgia’s number font.

And that LSU template/condensed font was from a couple years ago. It’s still condensed, but not as bad.

I don’t want every team wearing block numbers. Too boring. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Thinking the turf-colored backgrounds for the end zones and the more interior placement of the yard markers is a concession to needing to turn Mercedes-Benz Stadium around from SEC Championship Saturday to home Falcons contest Sunday.

Where the college numbers are normally located is where you see two small perpendicular lines between the yard marker and the sideline every ten yards.  LA Memorial Coliseum goes to the trouble of painting two sets of numbers depending on whether it is a USC or a Rams game.

Messiest had to be the Katrina year where the Saints called Death Valley home.

07-Saints-LSU-home-game-014471187.jpg&w=

There's 2 separate fields for college and NFL games at Mercedes-Benz stadium. Dallas has like 2-4 separate sets of turf depending on who's playing that week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, L10nheart404 said:

I get all of that about the details...but if I go back and watch the last two SECCGs, I'm definitely paying much more attention to the game. As long as you know which endzone is which, it really doesn't matter. 

I don't think you know what this site is.

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another year with an all-Nike (and Jordan Brand) CFP field. We should have two really nice semifinal matchups:

Peach Bowl:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fiesta Bowl:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any chance we see those throwback unis for Ohio State?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They seem to be teasing just that...

Y’know, I’m never one of the guys on here that advocates for a team to just make a straight throwback set the primaries, but these Ohio State throwbacks..... damn. It seems like they break them out every playoff appearance, so if they like them enough to want to wear them if they win a championship, why not just wear them full time?

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

There's 2 separate fields for college and NFL games at Mercedes-Benz stadium. Dallas has like 2-4 separate sets of turf depending on who's playing that week. 

That’s not true. They simply wipe the graphics off the field and repaint depending on the event (Atlanta United, Falcons, college kickoff games, bowls, etc). They also anticipate replacing the turf every two years given the heavy use and have already replaced it once in their building’s short lifespan.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/new-turf-installed-mercedes-benz-stadium/Os2g5HD1ICv6NTWyGO0v4K/

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Y’know, I’m never one of the guys on here that advocates for a team to just make a straight throwback set the primaries, but these Ohio State throwbacks..... damn. It seems like they break them out every playoff appearance, so if they like them enough to want to wear them if they win a championship, why not just wear them full time?

I would not be against them going to this full time but I like these as the big game alternate uniforms like we used in 2015 and 2016. Mainly for the one big non conference and B1G opponents like Penn St, Wisconsin, Michigan State (When they're good) maybe Nebraska and of course Michigan. Would also hopefully replace the blackout uniform. 

23 hours ago, MattMill said:

Their UA number font is terrible.  IMO, their best look was their last year with Adidas.  They got rid of the tire tread crap and used stock catalog Adidas jerseys with block numbers.

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Their UA number font is terrible.  IMO, their best look was their last year with Adidas.  They got rid of the tire tread crap and used stock catalog Adidas jerseys with block numbers.

Those weren’t even adidas uniforms, but rypon uniforms they just put the adidas logo on.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Those weren’t even adidas uniforms, but rypon uniforms they just put the adidas logo on.

Correct...just like the Packers...and I still wonder why they refuse to change. Not actually sure why Wisconsin did that for the last year, but it did make them look better anyway.

Definitely cannot stand Ohio State as a team, but their throwback uniforms are suburb.  Have to be Top 10 in all of college football.  I've always been a sucker for that style of sleeve striping on any team.

Image result for michael thomas sugar bowl

Image result for ohio state football throwback

Only detail I would change is, I hope the red jersey has white tv numbers this time.

90758391980.gif

Archived