2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

9 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

I think the Ducks are wearing their orange uniforms for both games. My question is why they decided to wear them against Vegas for all 4 home games. Sure one of them is the game in Tahoe, but you couldn't mix in games against any of St. Louis's dark uniforms or LA's Reverse Retro?

Oh if the Ducks are in orange, nevermind then. They look great in those. I'm too lazy to check but if I'm not mistaken, I don't think there are any RR vs RR games save for the outdoor games?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

I think the Ducks are wearing their orange uniforms for both games.

10 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Oh if the Ducks are in orange, nevermind then. They look great in those.

The Ducks website says they will be in the orange jerseys those games.

IbjBaeE.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

The Ducks website says they will be in the orange jerseys those games.

If they don't wanna go back to eggplant and jade full time, the orange jersey needs to be the new home jersey and they need to make a white version to go with it. How can a team with such great options continue to wear those piping and phantom yoke atrocities. They don't even need to hire people to make new jerseys and logos, they already have all they need

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Oh if the Ducks are in orange, nevermind then. They look great in those. I'm too lazy to check but if I'm not mistaken, I don't think there are any RR vs RR games save for the outdoor games?

Three other besides the outdoor games confirmed so far:

1/30 - Maple Leafs at Oilers

2/27 - Kings at Wild

3/6 - Wild at Coyotes

On 1/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, ebod39 said:

Yeh, I'm pretty sure I would know.

The three years is for a true 3rd jersey.  Anniversary jerseys, one night retro jerseys etc... are not 3rd jerseys and are petitioned separately.

Do you know if the same 3-year rule applies when a team reorders its unis? Meaning, the Yotes' brick-red and Flames' black C unis are now considered alts...

Dallas is debuting their third tonight against Detroit;

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think it looks pretty nice. The colors contrast a lot better than your traditional "stealth" jersey (looking at you, San Jose), which makes it feel a lot more finished. Sure, it's a gimmick, but third jerseys have always been gimmicks to some extent.

15 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Dallas is debuting their third tonight against Detroit;

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think it looks pretty nice. The colors contrast a lot better than your traditional "stealth" jersey (looking at you, San Jose), which makes it feel a lot more finished. Sure, it's a gimmick, but third jerseys have always been gimmicks to some extent.

Is the green coming across like neon or like highlighter-yellow? It was hard to tell in the promo shots. If it's closer to lime, I'm down.

8 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

More of a neon green than anything close to a highlighter.

In some lights, the lime green almost looked like that "hot" yellow or neon yellow. If it looks more green, I think it's an attractive and different color, if used properly. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Dallas looks like absolute trash in those third sweaters.  Yikes.  

Yikes indeed. They look like absolute garbage especially against a team like Detroit. Bush league. You know it's bad when the goalie looks like he's wearing pads from the team he was just traded from and his new pads aren't ready yet

22 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

If they don't wanna go back to eggplant and jade full time, the orange jersey needs to be the new home jersey and they need to make a white version to go with it. How can a team with such great options continue to wear those piping and phantom yoke atrocities. They don't even need to hire people to make new jerseys and logos, they already have all they need

Supposedly the players aren't fans of the orange.

IbjBaeE.png

14 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Dallas looks like absolute trash in those third sweaters.  Yikes.  

I can't imagine the play-by-play guys enjoy calling a game where the home team is wearing black numbers on a black sweater.

16 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Do you know if the same 3-year rule applies when a team reorders its unis? Meaning, the Yotes' brick-red and Flames' black C unis are now considered alts...

That's typically how it would work, IF they have designated them as their "3rd jersey".

Archived