Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I honestly believe that the “bone” jersey might be the worst look in NFL history. Possibly the worst look in the history of highest level North American sports. The digital clock Bucs weren’t this bad! The Wildwing sweater at least had the good sense to only be an alternate. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-11.04.27-AM.png

why is the horn spiky here?  Is this a nod to iguana tails?  What is going on here

"The TV numbers over the crescent shaped horn embodies the history of the Rams, while also embracing the surfing culture that dates back to 1970's LA."

I made that up.  Can I copywrite for Nike now? 

36 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I wonder if they are putting wordmarks on one shoulder as a pre-emptive counterbalance to the corporate wordmarks/logos that inevitably will be on the other shoulder across the NFL some day?

The fact they can't use the same wordmark set on these tells me they aren't thinking that far ahead. Especially since the ads go on the left side of training jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have no words. The Rams had quite possibly the greatest uniform ever created in their throwback royal/gold unis they've been using for the last few season - and the potential to make a full set with those. And then they give us this...

The shiny stuff is hokey. The gradient is hokey (although it's less prominent than I had expected). The wordmark patch thing is hokey. The weird stitch mark above it is hokey. 

And the away uniforms are just plain garbage. 

I really wanted to like the these. I didn't think the initial leaks were so bad.

But oh boy...

Bad monochrome? Yes!

Silly helmet design? You got it!

Awful pant stripe? Don't mind if we do!

With some restraint, this is a good set. But this is pretty bad. I look forward to the reset in 2025.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, FFWally said:

Are the bones a place holder for road whites representing the 1970s-1980s coming next year?

The NFL hasn't embraced the "wholly disjointed uniform sets" standard of international soccer the way the NBA has. But feels like if anyone is going to, it's the Rams -- the unintentional recent history, this set already is, and yeah -- easy to imagine a more "classic" away look as an alternate coming before long.

That road uniform is an unmitigated disaster, possibly the single worst NFL uniform ever. I don't know how they saw a uniform design with yellow touching gray without any outlines in between and thought, "yeah, that looks good." The "sleeve horns" might as well not even be there, leaving a random thin yellow line on the sleeves that is partially covered by TV numbers (which are only on the road jerseys for some reason).

Why is the whole road uniform gray when that color isn't used anywhere else in their brand, anyway? If they were going to get special approval from the league to use a different color, wouldn't it make way more sense to wear gold jerseys on the road? It would look significantly better and they could spin it as a tribute to the Lakers.

In contrast, the home uniforms look nice. The gradient numbers are unnecessary, but inoffensive. I also like how the helmets are bright royal blue. The mismatched helmets were easily the biggest flaw with the classic sleeve-horn look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived