NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

2 hours ago, QCS said:

The way I understand it, every team has an Earned jersey designed, but they're only used if the team makes the playoffs.

Which makes sense why they're basically recolored jerseys and nothing "new"

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Has Harley-Davidson officially not renewed?

There is no Harley-Davidson logo on City jersey so I guess they didn't or they are into negotiating of new deal.

Same with Sacramento, there is no Blue Almonds logo on City jersey.

4r2eer.png

26 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

There is no Harley-Davidson logo on City jersey so I guess they didn't or they are into negotiating of new deal.

Many patch deals expired after last season. We've already seen some movement to new sponsors by teams including the Heat and Clippers.

There was widespread speculation that Harley would either not be able to afford a renewal or would not be interested in renewing due to financial reasons.

3 hours ago, NickSixers said:

Many patch deals expired after last season. We've already seen some movement to new sponsors by teams including the Heat and Clippers.

There was widespread speculation that Harley would either not be able to afford a renewal or would not be interested in renewing due to financial reasons.

Can't imagine many NBA fans are running out to buy Harleys. It's always nice to see a local company snag the sponsorship, but it never made sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

That Rockets uniform is pretty awful all around. Should’ve leaned on light blue/red/white; not sure why they felt the need to shoehorn in navy and gray. 

Would have looked like Sacramento Kings throwbacks in just light blue, red, white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

@Conrad. So if the earned’s aren’t just recolorizations of the city’s, do they have a theme or does each team have their own unique design? 

This was in the Miami Herald via today's Uni Watch ...

[T]he Heat will release another new look later this season as part of the Nike Earned Edition uniforms for teams that made the playoffs last season. That Heat uniform is expected to be released in late spring.

“The Earned Edition campaign really kind of flows from Nike,” McCullough said. “They talk to the teams about what the possibilities are. This year’s Earned uniform, what they wanted every team to do … is really kind of take one of your existing team colors and play with that, basically. Make it hyper this or really play up this aspect of your team colors. What you’ll see from us this year for our Earned uniform is something that stays along those lines, as far as taking an existing team color and playing with it. We’ve taken a color that we haven’t used a lot of and haven’t focused on a lot, and created something that we’re really excited about for Earned.”

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

26 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

So....orange Heat jersey for the earned edition...🤔

As much as I would love for Miami to wear an orange uniform, I think it’d more likely be gold since they said “existing” team color. 

That said, I’m honestly not sure what constitutes “existing” team colors in the NBA right now; I would assume (and hope) that means primary colors, but would “existing” city edition colors be on the table too?

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

27 minutes ago, Haz_Matt said:

So....orange Heat jersey for the earned edition...🤔

Ah well this could be a fun game....

Milwaukee: Green

Toronto: Purple

Boston: Gold

Philly: Grey

Miami: Orange

Indy: Royal blue

Brk: Silver

Orlando: Black

LAL: Purple

LAC: Red

Houston: Yellow

Denver: Gold

Utah: Green

OKC: Yellow

Dallas: Silver

Portland: Red

1 hour ago, kimball said:

This was in the Miami Herald via today's Uni Watch ...

They’ve had all black (tuxedo) and all red jerseys (red and white)...sounds like yellow jerseys are coming...though Conrad liked the orange jersey comment. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Im putting my money down on American Family or Kwip Trip getting the Bucks' jersey sponsorship.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

They’ve had all black (tuxedo) and all red jerseys (red and white)...sounds like yellow jerseys are coming...though Conrad liked the orange jersey comment. 

I think most people imagined the same colored jersey when they read the description but some people call it yellow and some call it orange. After looking at it i'd call it a very orange yellow. It's like as orange as yellow can be without officially being orange. The uniform could end up being Laker-esk

On 12/1/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jay_Mellowed said:

I would say this new one is worse. Only because the Mecca-inspired city uniform gave birth to the outstanding Earned set that came after it. I miss that one so much.

spacer.png

Im still in love with this jersey

Archived