NFL 2020

FormerLurker

11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The way I see the Jets compared to the Falcons is that they have the same design components and same striping. However, each team has their own spin on these. Jets have the triangle stripes over the shoulder while the Falcons have the triangle stripes pointing upward from the waist sides.

I was just thinking this! 

The Jets just did it better by A. putting the triangles on the shoulders (which don't twist nearly as much and avoids using side panels), B. using a block font which is actually pleasant on its own, and C. using sock/pants combination that don't make them look like a bobsled team (see below).

48b2831b-52fa-4ce7-9082-81b53994ac37-AP1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Falcons officially released, here's my two cents

1. Vikings

2. Bucs 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Falcons

7. Seahawks

8. Dolphins 2.0

9. Dolphins 1.0

10. Buccaneers

11. Browns

12. Titans

13. Jaguars 1.0

I would group them as "Great," "Good/Average," and "Bad/Terrible"

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

With the Falcons officially released, here's my two cents

1. Vikings

2. Bucs 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Falcons

7. Seahawks

8. Dolphins 2.0

9. Dolphins 1.0

10. Buccaneers

11. Browns

12. Titans

13. Jaguars 1.0

I would group them as "Great," "Good/Average," and "Bad/Terrible"

Can we really give Nike credit for Bucs 2.0? The team likely told them to just bring back a previous design that Nike had nothing to do with in the first place.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

13 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They’re easy on the eyes unlike Bucs 1.0

Yeah but the execution of the helmet "fade" hurt the entire brand.  If it wasn't such a harsh transition from gold to matte it might've saved it

On 2/26/2020 at 9:52 AM, canzman said:

Chargers, Pats, Browns, Bucs, Colts. I liked...

Rams and Falcons not so much

So with the Falcons and Bucs being unveiled here is what I think we could expect from the others:

Browns: More or less a reverting back to the set prior with some minor changes (keeping the more vibrant orange, removal of carbon fiber stripe, full stripes on brown/white/orange pants)

Chargers: Keep the change from last year with powder blue home, removal of navy from the set, white jerseys have powder numbers outlined in yellow, powder blue pants to wear with white jerseys, “blocks” on jerseys removed so the stripe is the bolt.

Rams: Basically move to their royal and yellow set but it stays in line with new branding and is underwhelming.

Colts: Move to new template, helmet logo widens out. 

Pats: CR becomes primary but with grey pants with r/b/r stripe. White changes to inverse of CR with r/b/r stripes on shoulders, wear with the blue CR pants

10 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

So with the Falcons and Bucs being unveiled here is what I think we could expect from the others:

Browns: More or less a reverting back to the set prior with some minor changes (keeping the more vibrant orange, removal of carbon fiber stripe, full stripes on brown/white/orange pants)

Chargers: Keep the change from last year with powder blue home, removal of navy from the set, white jerseys have powder numbers outlined in yellow, powder blue pants to wear with white jerseys, “blocks” on jerseys removed so the stripe is the bolt.

Rams: Basically move to their royal and yellow set but it stays in line with new branding and is underwhelming.

Pats: CR becomes primary but with grey pants with r/b/r stripe. White changes to inverse of CR with r/b/r stripes on shoulders, wear with the blue CR pants

I keep thinking the Rams will have the gradient numbers, like what @upperv03 posted within the last two weeks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I am most curious of what a Chargers alternate could look like if the have an alternate and a throwback.  Some kind of navy blue with bright blue and yellow accents (think neon electricicty feel) is something that comes to mind.

20 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I keep thinking the Rams will have the gradient numbers, like what @upperv03 posted within the last two weeks. 

I'm getting nervous now that they'll have blue and white jerseys that gradiate to yellow and blend in with the pants.  But, since they'll need to have alternate looks, they'll maybe also have solid blue tops and white tops that gradiate to blue in order to wear blue pants too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm getting nervous now that they'll have blue and white jerseys that gradiate to yellow and blend in with the pants.  But, since they'll need to have alternate looks, they'll maybe also have solid blue tops and white tops that gradiate to blue in order to wear blue pants too.

I really hope they didn't do that lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

I am most curious of what a Chargers alternate could look like if the have an alternate and a throwback.  Some kind of navy blue with bright blue and yellow accents (think neon electricicty feel) is something that comes to mind.

Or yellow uniform with the bolts as stripes just like other sets

10 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

its possible. when we re-did the Dolphins unis, Nike made a few prototypes; color rush options too. we put them on models (not players) to see how they would fit on an actual body. like these ATL shots, the nameplates said “Dolphins” as they were not player issued. that said, the actual final uni was in that group too

Are you able to share what the others may have looked like? I totally understand if you aren’t allowed but you’ve sparked my curiosity!

2 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Are you able to share what the others may have looked like? I totally understand if you aren’t allowed but you’ve sparked my curiosity!

yea, i dont want to highjack the thread but we explored 7 different primary uni ideas. the most outrageous (and one Nike produced to see on the real models) was an Anthracite Color Rush option with Aqua numbers. all others were either about combining the '66 uniform with the modern one (kind of like the Bucs approach) and doing something new. those were my favorite because they were subtle and had lasting value. we also talked about replacing the blue with a new color— it was about the same value as Anthracite but obviously blue that looked great with aqua and orange and used as a alternate pants color. 

this is one of the "forward thinking options" i liked best but this logo was NOT considered. it was actually a logo option i did for Dolphins Cheer they didnt like but i thought was cool enough for this concept

spacer.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

38 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

yea, i dont want to highjack the thread but we explored 7 different primary uni ideas. the most outrageous (and one Nike produced to see on the real models) was an Anthracite Color Rush option with Aqua numbers. all others were either about combining the '66 uniform with the modern one (kind of like the Bucs approach) and doing something new. those were my favorite because they were subtle and had lasting value. we also talked about replacing the blue with a new color— it was about the same value as Anthracite but obviously blue that looked great with aqua and orange and used as a alternate pants color. 

this is one of the "forward thinking options" i liked best but this logo was NOT considered. it was actually a logo option i did for Dolphins Cheer they didnt like but i thought was cool enough for this concept

spacer.png

Interesting! I really appreciate that peek behind the curtain. The color rush you mentioned sounds pretty bad. Any idea what happens to the unused prototypes? Obviously we see some pop up for sale here and there years later but are rejected options meant to be destroyed? Or do you think that anthracite with aqua numbers jersey still exists somewhere?

1. Bucs 2.0

2. Vikings

3. Lions

4. Dolphins 1.5 (still hate the logo or else this would be above the Lions)

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Jets

7. Dolphins 1.0

8. Seahawks

9. Falcons

10. Browns

11. Titans

12. Jaguars 1.0 (These would be slightly higher if not for the helmet)

13. Bucs 1.0

If I had to guess I'd say the Chargers and Browns go in that first tier somwhere, Patriots in the secondnd and Rams in the third. The Colts is probably just gonna be that adjusted Colts logo from Irsay's desk or something to minor to be included.

What's sad is even every jersey in that first tier still has one or two things wrong with it.

Bucs - mono-pewter set and big helmet logo (I know it shrunk but still not enough for my taste)

Vikings - first digit serif. Needed to be on both or none.

Lions - wordmarks on the sleeves, unnecessary anthracite trim. 

Dolphins - cruise line/resort/toothpaste logo and font.

Archived