MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

12 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's supposed to adapt the Progress Pride Flag:

BB1gFGfB.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

The white, pink, and light blue represent the transgender pride flag,  the brown represents people of color, and the black represents those killed by AIDS.

12 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

There are a lot of pride flags. The pink and blue are from the trans pride flag.

1920px-Transgender_Pride_flag.svg.png&f=

The black and brown, unless I'm mistaken, comes from the redesigned pride flag that sought to be more inclusive to people of color, as they are at the forefront of battles against oppression, as well as honoring AIDS victims.

prideflag.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

https://preen.ph/96232/this-redesigned-pride-flag-may-be-the-new-lgbtq-symbol

Edit: Beat to it!

Thank you both for the info, I wasn’t aware of either flag until now. For what ever reason I that the original rainbow pride flag already represented the trans community as one of its colors. I guess I was wrong. I assumed the white, brown, and black was suppose to represent POC but the blue and pink threw me off. Thank you again for teaching me the little bit of knowledge.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Thank you both for the info, I wasn’t aware of either flag until now. For what ever reason I that the original rainbow pride flag already represented the trans community as one of its colors. I guess I was wrong. I assumed the white, brown, and black was suppose to represent POC but the blue and pink threw me off. Thank you again for teaching me the little bit of knowledge.

The LGBT+ flag does also represent transsexuals but there are flags for specific communities within the larger LGBT+ category like the previously mentioned trans pride flag and a bisexual pride flag among many more

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

So Cleveland's at the vetting process for their new name.

Progress appears to be slooooooow. I took their name change survey at some point and can't imagine they needed anyone's input to know that fans wanted a name that connected to the city and evoked the history of the franchise. 

23 hours ago, dont care said:

Well it looks like someone DO care.

3 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Progress appears to be slooooooow. I took their name change survey at some point and can't imagine they needed anyone's input to know that fans wanted a name that connected to the city and evoked the history of the franchise. 

Part of me thinks Cleveland is dragging it out as long as possible, because of some suspicions that the Dolans want to sell the club. They would let the new owners decide the name. Given that the lease is up in 2023 and the CBA negotiations in 2022, this might make sense.

I feel like the Pittsburgh Pirates need to go back to a version of the 70's look again full time. Now would be the perfect time to tap into the craziness that is all around sports uniforms these days.  If there's one team that is allowed to be obnoxious with it's uniform, it's the Pirates.

bSLCtu2.png

4 minutes ago, selby56 said:

I cannot stress this enough. Anything Rock & Roll themed would be so corny and stupid. 

They'll never settle on Rockers. When there's already a team named the Rockies.

Guardians and Municipals are still my favorites. 

19 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Part of me thinks Cleveland is dragging it out as long as possible, because of some suspicions that the Dolans want to sell the club. They would let the new owners decide the name. Given that the lease is up in 2023 and the CBA negotiations in 2022, this might make sense.

But, does that make financial sense? If you want to sell, you don't exactly care about anything but making money. If you change the name before the sale, you cash in on all of the new merchandise.

I get the 'being nice' aspect of letting the new owners decide, but I think the financial implications way outweigh the 'being nice' part.

It's where I sit.

Knowing the Dolan clan, I fully expect some corny rock-and-roll homage to win out because "Cleveland has the Rock and Roll HoF, so gotta do something with that".

My preference is Blues, honestly. Can't go wrong with a name that's simple and yet so historical-sounding. Plus, we all know that they'd try some terrible web design as like a sublimated pattern if they went with "Spiders", and that's the last thing this team needs.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:01 AM, Gothamite said:

This is actually a worthy tribute, much better than some others, but I still don't like messing with the on-field uniforms.

Well if there's one team in the majors that's going to use a pride-themed uniform, San Francisco makes the most sense.

On 6/3/2021 at 4:07 PM, Ridleylash said:

I wonder if the successful Edmonton Elks rebrand will push them more towards Spiders, if it wasn't already the front-runner. I think it's easier to get fans accepting of the changes if the new name has historical ties to the city/franchise. Just include old images like this in the release:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Leaked Cubs city connect?

E3D97l7WQAA4T2w?format=jpg&name=largeE3D97l9X0AcIEHZ?format=jpg&name=large

Not bad at all.  Love the sleeve patch.

I’d say it was if it wasn’t for the texture that looks more like a batting practice jersey material. Have the other city connect jerseys been this material? I know the rest of the jerseys have been just using the old majestic materials.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, Ridleylash said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPDjbwdt2P6/?utm_medium=copy_link

I still like Buzzards,but I know it's not getting picked. WMMS is a well known rock station in Cleveland and is way better than some BS rock themed name like Rockers or whatever else they think of. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived