2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

17 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And a contrasting stripe between the two similar looking light blue bands on the sleeves. The more I look at them, the more I like the white jersey and the less Iike the navy one. It's just so dark, it reminds me of a jersey that could have been introduced in the late 90s. Also, the thin red stripe thing, if I were Vegas I would be pissed cause they clearly took inspiration from the Knights jerseys. Why not a seafoam blue home jersey?

I would imagine the crest would get lost with a seafoam base, even with a keyline

I wonder how that navy or red band would look between the two blues?

and as everyone else is saying, the jersey could be improved with a contrasting collar, smaller crest and possibly even smaller TV numbers, but i'll hold out on judgment of the TV numbers until we see the full uniform on ice

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Devils: bringing back the red and green throwback?

Penguins: double blue throwback?

Jets: probably just one of the WC jerseys promoted to full time? Which is a shame imo, I loved the light blue 3rd with the Jets script

LA: no idea

No arguments here. A nice, classy, clean look. All that is needed is a sleeve patch of some sort, and more navy on the collar. A shame it's getting thrown in the trash bin after only a few years.

Scheifele, Jets hand Devils third straight loss

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Probably an unpopular opinion, but anyone else kinda bummed the howling coyote is dead? It was a really unique modern look, well-executed & stately, and the shoulder patch kicked butt. Brick red really worked for the desert too.

We'll probably never see them again, and that's a shame. They're another helpless victim of the Retro-Trend Machine, which has done a lot of good for the league's looks (CGY, BUF, PIT, etc.) But I think those were all pretty clear upgrades, where as the 'Yotes are a team that had a really nice look going, and are ditching it to chase a fad that's growing staler by the day. I understand jersey sales are important here, but now they'll only have 3 to sell, from 4.

Not to mention how well the kachina complemented as an alternate, and I still can't put aside how muddy they look on tv.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

25 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

No arguments here. A nice, classy, clean look. All that is needed is a sleeve patch of some sort, and more navy on the collar. A shame it's getting thrown in the trash bin after only a few years.

Not to self-plug, but perhaps something like this?

DupqbRL.png

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

33 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but anyone else kinda bummed the howling coyote is dead? It was a really unique modern look, well-executed & stately, and the shoulder patch kicked butt. Brick red really worked for the desert too.

We'll probably never see them again, and that's a shame. They're another helpless victim of the Retro-Trend Machine, which has done a lot of good for the league's looks (CGY, BUF, PIT, etc.) But I think those were all pretty clear upgrades, where as the 'Yotes are a team that had a really nice look going, and are ditching it to chase a fad that's growing staler by the day. I understand jersey sales are important here, but now they'll only have 3 to sell, from 4.

Not to mention how well the kachina complemented as an alternate, and I still can't put aside how muddy they look on tv.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah it's a nice logo. They should keep it as a permanent secondary logo

4 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

I would imagine the crest would get lost with a seafoam base, even with a keyline

I dunno. The blue Sabres logo looks fine on their blue jersey. The black Flyers logo looks awesome on a black jersey. The Habs make their red logo work on a red jersey with a blue chest stripe. There are ways to make it work and they could have pulled it off I think

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Because navy is their primary color.  I'm hoping for an ice blue third jersey.

No **** lol. What I'm saying is that seafoam should have been the primary color. I'm still hoping the gloves are seafoam blue or that the pants have a thick seafoam blue stripe at the very least. Solid navy gear would look seriously boring

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

All that is needed is a sleeve patch of some sort, and more navy on the collar

Now that you mention it, the shoulders do look a little bare lol. Can't unsee it now. Jersey is ruined for me 😂

7 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I liked this sweater. Wondering if the Jets want to phase out the aviator blue with the Kraken entering the league and emphasizing a color scheme of dark navy, icy blue etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, even the graphics from the official NHL social feeds have the kachina coyote for Arizona. This is the worst-kept secret in NHL branding right now, I'd expect something official from Arizona soon.

Hopefully they keep the howling head as an alternate, as rumoured, so the fans who do enjoy that one will still get to see it as part of the overall brand - and it does look nice as a third jersey.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1418027447325532162/photo/1

10 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

And a contrasting stripe between the two similar looking light blue bands on the sleeves. The more I look at them, the more I like the white jersey and the less Iike the navy one. It's just so dark, it reminds me of a jersey that could have been introduced in the late 90s. Also, the thin red stripe thing, if I were Vegas I would be pissed cause they clearly took inspiration from the Knights jerseys. Why not a seafoam blue home jersey?

Except Seattle actually has red in their crest, unlike Vegas.

8 hours ago, Bruins said:

Just my 2 cents.

I didn't hate the howling head jersey as a whole, but i would say that that was a trend in and of itself. I just hate all swooshy animal head logos at this point including that one. 

That being said, i wish they would have done a Kachina with maybe some updated colors. I love the Kachina logos and stripe pattern but the colors are dull and could have used an update. They just don't show up well on TV.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Yeah, even the graphics from the official NHL social feeds have the kachina coyote for Arizona. This is the worst-kept secret in NHL branding right now, I'd expect something official from Arizona soon.

Hopefully they keep the howling head as an alternate, as rumoured, so the fans who do enjoy that one will still get to see it as part of the overall brand - and it does look nice as a third jersey.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1418027447325532162/photo/1

The red howler jersey had already been demoted to third jersey status last season, and they only ended up wearing it for 2 games, both on the road. I think it's safe to say they're done with it.

The logo isn't terrible, but it just feels like a generic EA Sports create-a-team design that could be used for any team named the Coyotes. The Kachina has the right amount of Southwestern flair, and the purple RR would be a much better third jersey.

• Like 6

The Howling Coyote looked great on its original jersey but every uniform it's been featured on since has painted it in a poor light IMO. 

dyLogol.jpg

This is the only Howler uniform I'd be in favor of returning as an alt...

• Like 9

13 hours ago, NYRFan said:

I liked this sweater. Wondering if the Jets want to phase out the aviator blue with the Kraken entering the league and emphasizing a color scheme of dark navy, icy blue etc.

I've seen the Kraken colors closely compared to Winnipeg on here, especially right when it was released. I was kind of worried about it, too, tbh.  But they're really not all that similar. Check out the Kraken and Jets draft hats to compare the colors. It's like saying Avs and Blue  Jackets share a color scheme. 

Even if they were more similar shades, I doubt Winnipeg would be taking the Kraken into account when making uniform decisions. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Bruins said:

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. They should have updated the retros, should have kept the howling Coyote somehow.

When the fad dies down, the original Kachinas are going to start feeling outdated rather quickly. That's what happened to the royal blue and orange Oilers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

When the fad dies down, the original Kachinas are going to start feeling outdated rather quickly. That's what happened to the royal blue and orange Oilers.

Funny, most Oilers fans I see want them to go back to royal blue because it's the only look the team's done anything in besides the '06 run. The change to navy and orange wasn't even due to "feeling outdated", it was management trying to force a "new era" look onto the franchise and failing.

Similarly, the Kachina is by far the most popular and enduring look for the Coyotes amongst fans. The howling logo has it's supporters, but the prominence of the Kachina branding is increasing because the Kachina just sells better locally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

The Howling Coyote looked great on its original jersey but every uniform it's been featured on since has painted it in a poor light IMO. 

dyLogol.jpg

This is the only Howler uniform I'd be in favor of returning as an alt...

It looks absolutely magnifiscent! I remember they put the 3 stripes on the pants because the waist was removed, the next jersey after that was a horrendously bad template.

Maybe they wanted something more desert-themed. A disconnect occured  when they wanted something other than ultra traditional, single-colored hockey stripes. I would have prefered a mix of both, best of both worlds blending organically into one if that's possible.