MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

11 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm a little confused by these jerseys the Twins gave to their new international signings.  First, I've never seen the road script used on a red jersey before. Then some of these look like low-grade custom jobs: the Rawlings ones have no piping on the collar, nor numbers on the front. I'm not into reading into anything with these. I just find the choice to be an odd one. 

spacer.png

The jerseys with the navy stripes on them are the Spring Training jerseys from 2015:

hXkMtgh.jpg

I have no idea about the Rawlings variants without stripes, maybe they just didn’t have enough of the regular Majestic ones.

Fun fact about that jersey: I believe they were worn once or twice in the regular season, prompted by Torii Hunter in order to turn around a losing streak at the time. I believe he did something similar during his first stint with the team in the early 2000’s.

• Like 2

I was playing the MLB9Innings22 app game and they have updated Cleveland's logos and uniforms. Didn't notice any official release but it looks like what you'd expect for the home & road (same template with new logos/workdmarks).

jo5teOJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

My question is why are the sleeve logos on the right now? The last time the franchise has a sleeve logo it was Wahoo on the left. I saw a lot of mock-ups (such as below) for what the Guardians would do and they all seemed to go with the right sleeve as well. Does anyone know the reason for this change?

a7a7d496-2a71-4aba-8ded-5802973617a6_192

hafner-homer-wsox-2012-ccjpg-0839f6c6eea

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I was playing the MLB9Innings22 app game and they have updated Cleveland's logos and uniforms. Didn't notice any official release but it looks like what you'd expect for the home & road (same template with new logos/workdmarks).

jo5teOJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

My question is why are the sleeve logos on the right now? The last time the franchise has a sleeve logo it was Wahoo on the left. I saw a lot of mock-ups (such as below) for what the Guardians would do and they all seemed to go with the right sleeve as well. Does anyone know the reason for this change?

a7a7d496-2a71-4aba-8ded-5802973617a6_192

hafner-homer-wsox-2012-ccjpg-0839f6c6eea

My guess would be so that the logo appears to be in motion towards the front of the body, rather than away from the body.

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Probably saving the left sleeve for an ad patch.

Might want to think this through one more time (either way one sleeve is blank)

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

https://www.neweracap.com/Sports/MLB/TEAMS/Detroit-Tigers/c/SPOMLBTEADET?q=%3Arelevance%3Acollection%3AMLB%2BON-FIELD%2BCOLLECTION%3Astyle%3A59FIFTY&text=&filter+59FIFTY=on#toListing

has anyone noticed on New Era’s website as well as the mlb shop there seems to be an updated Detroit Tigers on field collection?

New Era is selling a “2019” version for cheaper and another “updated” full price  version however I’m having a hard time noticing any differences, maybe the D got smaller and moved up on crown a bit but it seems odd, considering they shrunk the D down from the monstrosity it was before. Has anyone heard anything? 

Other than the swoosh, the Blue Jays looks great. The Phillies looks ridiculous. Bright red and royal blue don’t work when red is the main color. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe this is an interesting detail, maybe not. I see two Twins dugout jackets on that site -- one in the new trench coat style, one that is not, which I presume is last year's version? Anyway, the trench coat one does not feature the Kasota gold color. The other one does. 

So in the spirit of reading into things too much, perhaps this is an indication that the gold is being phased out? 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe this is an interesting detail, maybe not. I see two Twins dugout jackets on that site -- one in the new trench coat style, one that is not, which I presume is last year's version? Anyway, the trench coat one does not feature the Kasota gold color. The other one does. 

So in the spirit of reading into things too much, perhaps this is an indication that the gold is being phased out? 

I haven't seen anything in the first round of 2022 T-shirts with the gold on it either; seems like it might be gone, as was rumored. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Brian E said:

some of the dugout jackets for 2022 are visible on MLB shop. noteworthy things, i guess, would be 1) the blue jays' is navy, 2) they're longer, 3) the price is hilarious:

https://www.mlbshop.com/?query=dugout performance full-zip jacket&_ref=p-PDP:m-SEARCH

There must be 2 versions this year...trench coat and regular.  On the Brewers site they have the trench coat and a regular looking one, which I know is different from last years version since the sleeves are yellow this time.  The jacket was solid navy last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

There must be 2 versions this year...trench coat and regular.  On the Brewers site they have the trench coat and a regular looking one, which I know is different from last years version since the sleeves are yellow this time.  The jacket was solid navy last season.

Negative.  There's the dugout jacket, and the performance hoodie jacket.  Last year's both were all navy, but this year both are navy with yellow sleeves.

Now for my personal opinion, the trenchcoat is bad.  Also, what's with the v cut and pull string at the bottom back???

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

21 hours ago, BBTV said:

Other than the swoosh, the Blue Jays looks great. The Phillies looks ridiculous. Bright red and royal blue don’t work when red is the main color. 

I disagree on both. Why is the Blue Jays' navy and gray? Did they realize they used too light of a navy for the Yankees and the Blue Jays were just like "hey, will take those"? No royal anywhere, nor even light blue. Just navy and gray.

And I don't see anything wrong with the Phillies' red with blue sleeves. They look fine.

• Like 1