Unpopular Opinions

While I understand they're classics, I have always hated the shoulder stripes on USC's uniforms.

Also, I dislike all laces on hockey jerseys. They just seem so contrived, particularly on newer looks. It's not functional. It would be like if a football team came out with a helmet that mimicked the pattern of old leather helmets (don't say Michigan). I mean, there would be certain times that would look appropriate, but for the most part it would be dumb.

In response to the leather pattern...

image.jpg

Nike went away from a traditional collar to Flywire and everyone had a fit. "Classic" collars are basically already suitable for all jerseys. Should soccer teams avoid the collar of a polo look because it serves no function as well? No, it's a classic soccer look, just as lace-ups are to hockey.

I really dislike some Montreal's road uniform. As I hate the team I have respect for the red uniform (I also think that they should add lace ups to it) but the white one is just lacking.

4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

To me I think they should go back to this:

oseis2fq98qe9w3xum89751a4.gif

I like it when the regular uniforms match

The problem is that the white uniform was just an experiment used for only 3 years, until it they ditched it in favour of what they were previously wearing. It failed to catch on then, and I think it would fail to catch on today as well. And it wouldn't be possible for the team to lower it down on the hierarchy scale or to completely dismiss it, considering it was the mark of so many Stanley Cup winning teams.

But even if we remove the historic purposes, that jersey would get tiresome very fast. The crest doesn't stand out as much on that darker blue background like it does on white, the red stripes lose a lot of vibrance against the blue, and from a distance the jersey is essentially white with blue blobs and a couple of little elements here and there which are given too little importance.

Edit: When you said you hate the team, I was surprised when I saw your profile location. :)

Well maybe just use it as a third, Montreal needs a third or they can do something different for a third jersey. Also I'm originally from Pembroke Ontario in the Upper Ottawa Valley so I'm from Senators territory.

zyyMk1d.png

I'm a classic guy, but I love the Buccaneers helmets. There's just something about them that dosen't seem to work for any other team.

1521e38db23fd67e331894634f7e7301.jpg

Many people reacted to the size of the logo, but you have to look at it differently from the old helmet. The flag becomes more of a background for the most interesting part of the logo- the skull and swords. It's creative. I don't see a problem with it, especially with helmets like the Bengals, Rams, Eagles, and Vikings.

I'm a classic guy, but I love the Buccaneers helmets. There's just something about them that dosen't seem to work for any other team.

The helmets aren't the problem, I think they're great. The problem is the jerseys and those alarm clock numbers.

spacer.png

Still prefer this...

steve-nesius-texans-buccaneers-football-

New ones should ditch the flag on the helmet, it looks stupid zoomed in.

Just noticed this but the balance is so much better on the old logo with the skull & swords than the new logo... Another reason the new logo is such a downgrade...

Still prefer this...

steve-nesius-texans-buccaneers-football-

New ones should ditch the flag on the helmet, it looks stupid zoomed in.

Nah the flag needs to be on the helmet. The concept helmets that just had the skull and crossed swords looked pretty bad.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm with you, I actually really like the helmets. I'm not a fan of the facemask (should be black or pewter), but the design of the helmet itself is great. The oversized flag works really, really well. It's everything from the neck down that is the Bucs' problem.

Pair this helmet (w/ a black facemask) with the previous set, and you've got perfection.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm not quite sure how unpopular this is going to be, but the general consensus seems to be the Jacksonville Jaguars redesign went well with the exception of the two toned helmet. It is my opinion that, with the exception of the logo, the redesign was a complete downgrade of what they had before. I do not like anything about their new uniforms. Sometimes a look will grow on me over time (Tampa Bay and even Cleveland's new looks don't bother me as much as they did when I initially saw them) but that has never clicked with Jacksonville. I actually really liked the uniforms Reebok did for them before Nike got their hands on the NFL. The piping on the sides is weird, but I didn't hate it. In fact, their black alternates are one of my favorite looks!

new-2013-jacksonville-jaguars-uniforms.j

I'm not quite sure how unpopular this is going to be, but the general consensus seems to be the Jacksonville Jaguars redesign went well with the exception of the two toned helmet. It is my opinion that, with the exception of the logo, the redesign was a complete downgrade of what they had before. I do not like anything about their new uniforms. Sometimes a look will grow on me over time (Tampa Bay and even Cleveland's new looks don't bother me as much as they did when I initially saw them) but that has never clicked with Jacksonville. I actually really liked the uniforms Reebok did for them before Nike got their hands on the NFL. The piping on the sides is weird, but I didn't hate it. In fact, their black alternates are one of my favorite looks!

new-2013-jacksonville-jaguars-uniforms.j

How I miss that helmet not the unis though they are about as plain as you can get except the weird piping.... The Jags really look arena league now the new look would not be out of place in that league... They may actually win a game there too...

Also, I dislike all laces on hockey jerseys. They just seem so contrived, particularly on newer looks. It's not functional. It would be like if a football team came out with a helmet that mimicked the pattern of old leather helmets (don't say Michigan). I mean, there would be certain times that would look appropriate, but for the most part it would be dumb.

In response to the leather pattern...

image.jpg

I know, I meant more of the pattern in terms of seams, not the texture of leather.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Everyone seems to be nuts over the avs' mountain striping that they had pre-edge. While it looks better than what they have now, I don't think it's absolutely amazing, 10/10, best striping pattern in the league. I have seen great avs concepts here that don't use the mountain striping.

spacer.png

I have no idea whether this is unpopular or not, but I hate that NBA teams seem to always include their word mark in their primary logo.

For example:

h2k5cbia6m8e1dbdcfxfgre84.gif> wd9ic7qafgfb0yxs7tem7n5g4.gif

436.gif> ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

826.gif> bahmh46cyy6eod2jez4g21buk.gif

gs5fgn4fn5pd6gmfs0re4lvcx.gif> xeti0fjbyzmcffue57vz5o1gl.gif

NBA branding is a mess. This picture illustrates why

I'd still take any of those over the "logos" that are just a script in front of a ball.